Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Christmas

RainyCoast
    Something like:

- You know what. I know my fault. I have been too good and only good. That's my fault.
    - Oh, I'm like that, too. I've been nothing but good.
    - Me, too, me, too. I've only been good. Just too good.
    - Oversensitive, yes, they are oversensitive.
    - And catty.
    - And always depressed.
    - And mine has really terrible hair.
    - Mine, too, what's that bun!
    - Always trying to start a fight with me.
    - BUT.....
    - BUT....
    - Oh, we are twins, triplets : )
    - Oh, I'm so happy we have found each other. I knew there was something wrong with my child
    lol!!! i'm so glad i didn't have coffee in my mouth when i read this.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    I'm surprised you didn't blow up sooner.

Is there any way you can stay with the other family members, if you decide to return?

Jibralta
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeino [Register to see the link]
    It's a bit like gray rocking one's parent, isn't it? In a kinder, more personalized way maybe. (It has taken me a long time to achieve the "kind" bit and I still fail sometimes. But nowadays I feel like I don't have to be perfect in this.) But my mother is super self-sufficient and solitary at the same time. She is obsessed about privacy, which helps

If my own actions were given to me as a list some years ago and if I was told that these would be my interaction with my mother, I would think this was a horrible relationship - no intimacy whatsoever. But now that I grieved over that and have come to accept that she has never been the person I would choose as a mother, I'm OK with these. (She will not be that person under different circumstances, either.) And these things have relaxed our relationship a bit, which I could never ever guess - but yes, there is a reason. As an adult, seeing and accepting that reason (her existence) empowers me and puts my control in the right place - what I can do instead of expecting her to change.
    Yup, that's how it is. Once I recognized these things as limitations in her character, it became easier for me to deal with her. Also, the fact that my sister is usually hundreds of miles away these days also makes it easier--she's my mom's guardian against all things me. It's much easier to deal with them separately. It's not what I would have chosen for myself, but it is what it is.

4. Thanks zeino thanked for this post
    Jibralta
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeino [Register to see the link]
    - You know what. I know my fault. I have been too good and only good. That's my fault.
    - Oh, I'm like that, too. I've been nothing but good.
    - Me, too, me, too. I've only been good. Just too good.
    - Oversensitive, yes, they are oversensitive.
    - And catty.
    - And always depressed.
    - And mine has really terrible hair.
    - Mine, too, what's that bun!
    - Always trying to start a fight with me.
    - BUT.....
    - BUT....
    - Oh, we are twins, triplets : )
    - Oh, I'm so happy we have found each other. I knew there was something wrong with my child
    Hilarious!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Top Threads
Husband's cousin is not moving out.
Hi all, I have a very serious problem and would love to get some advise on this - My husband's cousin is not moving out even after 4
My dad was the executer of my grandma's estate...
My grandma died 6 years ago, it's safe to say she died a millionaire or pretty close to it. My dad was the executor. I recently found out that after
How do I handle my ex-wifes new fiance?
I have been divorced a little over 3 years and my ex-wife who left me for a guy she met online is engaged for a second time. She was dating two
Abusive brother
Hello everyone... I rarely talk to anyone about this besides my boyfriend and best friends. This has been an issue for me since i began going to
Moving pit
I'm 17 going on 18 this year and I am ready to move out of my grandmother's house. I feel like I have no privacy and after awhile I get tired of her
Sister is leaving
My sister is leaving to be with her boyfriend and moving to another state right after graduation. She is 18 and is going to join the navy. I don't
How do I talk to my family?
I apologize for the lengthy post in advance. For almost all of my adult life I have been involved in a myriad of abusive and one-sided

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I didnt know this was cheating until i saw how much it hurt him
So my boyfriend and I have been together 8 months. It's been pretty close to perfect over all until last weekend. We trusted each other before this
Interview Vibes
Hello, eNA! I have posted a few times about my career search - thank you all for the help! I've been having a lot more luck lately and have four
Ex from seven years ago married
My ex from seven years got married in November 2016 he began dating this girl eight months after dumping me.hiw have I found this out? By the
❌Did i just get stood up????❌
A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how
HELP My boyfriend blocked me after an argument
Almost 3 weeks ago me and my (EX) boyfriend that ive been seeing for about a year had a huge explosive and petty fight over him being selfish/ self
My wife has zero trust in me
So we have been married for about 8 months now, everything was fine prior to marriage. From the day we got married to today, it has been a living
21, in a relationship and sexually frustrated
I'm 21 (female) and I'm dating a 28 year old. Ive had my round of men before him so I know exactly what I like during sex and he's PERFECT. But what
Ask For Advice