Ask For Advice

Thread: Am I wrong for this?

Capttrae

Am I wrong for this?

For those of y'all that be been on here a bit y'all have seen me post about mom and her declining health for a while now. She's back in the hospital again, I'm at work can't get off. When I get off I've got the first couple days with a pretty young lady that I haven't spent much time with in many years. Then I was planning on going home and going shed hunting for a few days and put cams out. But that of course has changed now I'm going from Lake City FL where I'm meeting the lady to West Memphis Ar to see about mom, then on home to the great state of Kentucky.
    I feel ashamed and guilty that I'm wanting to take some personal time to spend with The Lady and try to find a few sheds am I wrong for that? I'm also seriously considering suggesting that she go to a home so she can be looked after 24/7. But then I think, is that what I'd want if it was me in that situation? Would I want to be put in some home somewhere? And my answer is no, I'd rather just go to my house and spend whatever time I had left there, but I also wouldn't want to be a burden to my son and have him worryin about me while he's at work.
    I know what she's going to do, she's gonna pitch a hissy when I mention going to a home and say she wants to be right there at her house.
    Also, how do I broach the subject of her driving? granted, she hasn't drove but once in the last 6 months and that was with me sittin beside her and it scared the living hell out of me, but she says she wants to drive again. How do I tell her that's out of the picture?

DancingFool
    Probably not in a good place right now to give you advice as I just literally lost my grandfather.
    All I am going to tell you is that life is not predictable. You don't know how much time you have left with a loved one. Please go see her. Sheds and girlfriends will wait, but your mother might be gone in a heartbeat and she is never coming back and you will live with that regret for the rest of your life.

3. Thanks Capttrae thanked for this post
    Capttrae
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingFool [Register to see the link]
    Probably not in a good place right now to give you advice as I just literally lost my grandfather.
    All I am going to tell you is that life is not predictable. You don't know how much time you have left with a loved one. Please go see her. Sheds and girlfriends will wait, but your mother might be gone in a heartbeat and she is never coming back and you will live with that regret for the rest of your life.
    I'll be up there the Sunday after I get off the boat

WithLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Capttrae [Register to see the link]
    For those of y'all that be been on here a bit y'all have seen me post about mom and her declining health for a while now. She's back in the hospital again, I'm at work can't get off. When I get off I've got the first couple days with a pretty young lady that I haven't spent much time with in many years. Then I was planning on going home and going shed hunting for a few days and put cams out. But that of course has changed now I'm going from Lake City FL where I'm meeting the lady to West Memphis Ar to see about mom, then on home to the great state of Kentucky.
    I feel ashamed and guilty that I'm wanting to take some personal time to spend with The Lady and try to find a few sheds am I wrong for that? I'm also seriously considering suggesting that she go to a home so she can be looked after 24/7. But then I think, is that what I'd want if it was me in that situation? Would I want to be put in some home somewhere? And my answer is no, I'd rather just go to my house and spend whatever time I had left there, but I also wouldn't want to be a burden to my son and have him worryin about me while he's at work.
    I know what she's going to do, she's gonna pitch a hissy when I mention going to a home and say she wants to be right there at her house.
    Also, how do I broach the subject of her driving? granted, she hasn't drove but once in the last 6 months and that was with me sittin beside her and it scared the living hell out of me, but she says she wants to drive again. How do I tell her that's out of the picture?
    I'm sorry you're going through this. It sucks.

You're not wrong to want to live your own life and do things for you, but there's a time and place for it. Your mom is at a pretty shaky part of her life right now and she probably needs all the support she can get, even if she doesn't ask for it or makes a fuss.

I would think that your lady would understand that family comes first (when it comes to health) and that there is always time for visits with her afterwards.

As for your mom driving - tell her that if her doctor gives the OK to her driving, then she can. Otherwise she won't legally be allowed to and she can get into serious trouble for going against her doctor's wishes.

Top Threads
She booked the wedding before they met?!
I am very worried for my cousin...got an invitation to his wedding which is under two months time. They have been together for five months. I
My sister contacts my adult daughter too much
This sounds trivial but its bothersome. My older sister is contacting my grown daughter way too much - sending lots of texts and emails and being
My mom wished death on me
My mom has said some very mean and nasty things to me and I can't seem to get past it. it's really bothering me because I knew If i had a daughter
Co-Parenting Not Working Out So Well
I am married, have been for a year, and my husband has two children from previous relationships. I have an 8 year old stepson and 4 year old
Disappointing my grandmother because I don't want to move in with her.
For a few months now I've had tentative plans to move from california to czech republic to be with my grandmother. my family is small & she doesn't

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
The ex that wouldn't go away
I am engaged to the woman of my dreams. After a couple dates I told everyone I was going to marry her. She told her friends the same. My only hang up
Crying
IM A 63 YEAR OLD WOMAN ,and my life has turned upside down. I cry day and night. For some damn reason I'm lost , alone and just cant figure things
SO (girl of 23) doubting our relationship, won't let go of ex
So currently going through a very complicated situation with my SO. I started seeing this girl in November of last year, while she was still with
My friend has no life...No job and currently lives at home. At nearly 30
One of my very good friends has always been the impressionable type. When I encouraged her to have stronger boundaries, to be less passive and to
Ex is getting married
Hi, I went into no contact with my ex around 14 weeks ago. I had decided that there's nothing left for me to do or say that would bring her back to
Friendless and Lonely
Hi all, I've decided to turn to an online forum for advice on a current friendship issue. I want to say thank you in advance to those who take the
Swapping childcare, she stopped responding...
Background: I struggle with intimacy and relationships in general. Coming from abuse and neglect means I've always struggled with trusting others
Ask For Advice