Ask For Advice

Thread: Am I wrong for this?

Capttrae

Am I wrong for this?

For those of y'all that be been on here a bit y'all have seen me post about mom and her declining health for a while now. She's back in the hospital again, I'm at work can't get off. When I get off I've got the first couple days with a pretty young lady that I haven't spent much time with in many years. Then I was planning on going home and going shed hunting for a few days and put cams out. But that of course has changed now I'm going from Lake City FL where I'm meeting the lady to West Memphis Ar to see about mom, then on home to the great state of Kentucky.
    I feel ashamed and guilty that I'm wanting to take some personal time to spend with The Lady and try to find a few sheds am I wrong for that? I'm also seriously considering suggesting that she go to a home so she can be looked after 24/7. But then I think, is that what I'd want if it was me in that situation? Would I want to be put in some home somewhere? And my answer is no, I'd rather just go to my house and spend whatever time I had left there, but I also wouldn't want to be a burden to my son and have him worryin about me while he's at work.
    I know what she's going to do, she's gonna pitch a hissy when I mention going to a home and say she wants to be right there at her house.
    Also, how do I broach the subject of her driving? granted, she hasn't drove but once in the last 6 months and that was with me sittin beside her and it scared the living hell out of me, but she says she wants to drive again. How do I tell her that's out of the picture?

DancingFool
    Probably not in a good place right now to give you advice as I just literally lost my grandfather.
    All I am going to tell you is that life is not predictable. You don't know how much time you have left with a loved one. Please go see her. Sheds and girlfriends will wait, but your mother might be gone in a heartbeat and she is never coming back and you will live with that regret for the rest of your life.

3. Thanks Capttrae thanked for this post
    Capttrae
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingFool [Register to see the link]
    Probably not in a good place right now to give you advice as I just literally lost my grandfather.
    All I am going to tell you is that life is not predictable. You don't know how much time you have left with a loved one. Please go see her. Sheds and girlfriends will wait, but your mother might be gone in a heartbeat and she is never coming back and you will live with that regret for the rest of your life.
    I'll be up there the Sunday after I get off the boat

WithLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Capttrae [Register to see the link]
    For those of y'all that be been on here a bit y'all have seen me post about mom and her declining health for a while now. She's back in the hospital again, I'm at work can't get off. When I get off I've got the first couple days with a pretty young lady that I haven't spent much time with in many years. Then I was planning on going home and going shed hunting for a few days and put cams out. But that of course has changed now I'm going from Lake City FL where I'm meeting the lady to West Memphis Ar to see about mom, then on home to the great state of Kentucky.
    I feel ashamed and guilty that I'm wanting to take some personal time to spend with The Lady and try to find a few sheds am I wrong for that? I'm also seriously considering suggesting that she go to a home so she can be looked after 24/7. But then I think, is that what I'd want if it was me in that situation? Would I want to be put in some home somewhere? And my answer is no, I'd rather just go to my house and spend whatever time I had left there, but I also wouldn't want to be a burden to my son and have him worryin about me while he's at work.
    I know what she's going to do, she's gonna pitch a hissy when I mention going to a home and say she wants to be right there at her house.
    Also, how do I broach the subject of her driving? granted, she hasn't drove but once in the last 6 months and that was with me sittin beside her and it scared the living hell out of me, but she says she wants to drive again. How do I tell her that's out of the picture?
    I'm sorry you're going through this. It sucks.

You're not wrong to want to live your own life and do things for you, but there's a time and place for it. Your mom is at a pretty shaky part of her life right now and she probably needs all the support she can get, even if she doesn't ask for it or makes a fuss.

I would think that your lady would understand that family comes first (when it comes to health) and that there is always time for visits with her afterwards.

As for your mom driving - tell her that if her doctor gives the OK to her driving, then she can. Otherwise she won't legally be allowed to and she can get into serious trouble for going against her doctor's wishes.

Top Threads
How should I kick my mother out when the time comes?
My mother currently lives with me and my girlfriend and she is aware that in another year my girlfriend and I want to make some big life changes and
Trying to hold my new family together
I had a baby 6.5 weeks ago, me and the father live together, broke up a month ago, but kinda together now, well, I've agreed to stay and try so's not
An update on my last thread about my mom having affairs.
So I hd written a long paragraph about my mum having affairs on the last thread. So according to majority of the advises that I received I stayed
This wedding is tearing my family apart
My sister is getting married to her boyfriend of 2 years, and it's been tearing everyone apart. Honestly, I'm not even sure where to begin on this
Just want some advice and help
I am 19 and my boyfriend is 25, we have been dating for over a year now and I went away to college while he stayed home so a lot of it was long
I'm starting to realize that my mother will need to live with me for a while
My mother lives with me and my girlfriend now. The plans my girlfriend and I had before my mother moved in was to set things up so that she, my

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Where do you draw the line? GF's and guy friends
[SIZE=3][FONT=Helvetica]Hey guys, need some quick help on this one. Please help [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]Yesterday my GF says
OMG he has a wedding date.
All, A couple of years ago, I dated a guy. There were things that were amazing but also horrible. A little over a year ago, we reconnected. He
HELPPP!!! Boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue
hi. REALLY REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE AND HELP. my boyfriend recently broke up with me out of the blue and we were dating for 2.5 years. everything was
Why does this bother me so much?
Hey guys. So gf of 7 years has left me for another guy again long story short and some of you know the long. So I did the unhealthy habit of looking
My girlfriend of 3 years just told me she is polyamorous
I have no idea how to feel about it. She assured me she didn't want to force it on me and could live monogamously with me but the thought of
Dealing with inconsiderate, selfish people from dawn till dusk.
Not sure if this is posted in the right place, but here it is. Lately my life seems to be about dealing with people who are inconsiderate. From
Toxic relationship // venting
Sometimes writing everything out helps me get a better understanding of certain situations. I'm sorry for the long post, I do want some advice, but
Ask For Advice