Ask For Advice

Thread: Am I wrong for this?

Capttrae

Am I wrong for this?

For those of y'all that be been on here a bit y'all have seen me post about mom and her declining health for a while now. She's back in the hospital again, I'm at work can't get off. When I get off I've got the first couple days with a pretty young lady that I haven't spent much time with in many years. Then I was planning on going home and going shed hunting for a few days and put cams out. But that of course has changed now I'm going from Lake City FL where I'm meeting the lady to West Memphis Ar to see about mom, then on home to the great state of Kentucky.
    I feel ashamed and guilty that I'm wanting to take some personal time to spend with The Lady and try to find a few sheds am I wrong for that? I'm also seriously considering suggesting that she go to a home so she can be looked after 24/7. But then I think, is that what I'd want if it was me in that situation? Would I want to be put in some home somewhere? And my answer is no, I'd rather just go to my house and spend whatever time I had left there, but I also wouldn't want to be a burden to my son and have him worryin about me while he's at work.
    I know what she's going to do, she's gonna pitch a hissy when I mention going to a home and say she wants to be right there at her house.
    Also, how do I broach the subject of her driving? granted, she hasn't drove but once in the last 6 months and that was with me sittin beside her and it scared the living hell out of me, but she says she wants to drive again. How do I tell her that's out of the picture?

DancingFool
    Probably not in a good place right now to give you advice as I just literally lost my grandfather.
    All I am going to tell you is that life is not predictable. You don't know how much time you have left with a loved one. Please go see her. Sheds and girlfriends will wait, but your mother might be gone in a heartbeat and she is never coming back and you will live with that regret for the rest of your life.

Capttrae
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingFool [Register to see the link]
    Probably not in a good place right now to give you advice as I just literally lost my grandfather.
    All I am going to tell you is that life is not predictable. You don't know how much time you have left with a loved one. Please go see her. Sheds and girlfriends will wait, but your mother might be gone in a heartbeat and she is never coming back and you will live with that regret for the rest of your life.
    I'll be up there the Sunday after I get off the boat

WithLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Capttrae [Register to see the link]
    For those of y'all that be been on here a bit y'all have seen me post about mom and her declining health for a while now. She's back in the hospital again, I'm at work can't get off. When I get off I've got the first couple days with a pretty young lady that I haven't spent much time with in many years. Then I was planning on going home and going shed hunting for a few days and put cams out. But that of course has changed now I'm going from Lake City FL where I'm meeting the lady to West Memphis Ar to see about mom, then on home to the great state of Kentucky.
    I feel ashamed and guilty that I'm wanting to take some personal time to spend with The Lady and try to find a few sheds am I wrong for that? I'm also seriously considering suggesting that she go to a home so she can be looked after 24/7. But then I think, is that what I'd want if it was me in that situation? Would I want to be put in some home somewhere? And my answer is no, I'd rather just go to my house and spend whatever time I had left there, but I also wouldn't want to be a burden to my son and have him worryin about me while he's at work.
    I know what she's going to do, she's gonna pitch a hissy when I mention going to a home and say she wants to be right there at her house.
    Also, how do I broach the subject of her driving? granted, she hasn't drove but once in the last 6 months and that was with me sittin beside her and it scared the living hell out of me, but she says she wants to drive again. How do I tell her that's out of the picture?
    I'm sorry you're going through this. It sucks.

You're not wrong to want to live your own life and do things for you, but there's a time and place for it. Your mom is at a pretty shaky part of her life right now and she probably needs all the support she can get, even if she doesn't ask for it or makes a fuss.

I would think that your lady would understand that family comes first (when it comes to health) and that there is always time for visits with her afterwards.

As for your mom driving - tell her that if her doctor gives the OK to her driving, then she can. Otherwise she won't legally be allowed to and she can get into serious trouble for going against her doctor's wishes.

Top Threads
Telling Family I am Dating a Dad
Hi, I am new here so I am hoping I've picked the right board to post this in.. I am 29 years old and have no children of my own but I have started
is my husband selfish or it's me?
I recently got a new job and have to work night shift temporarily during training period. I hate night shift because I can not sleep, 5 hours the top
My sister drives me crazy
Hi, So I don't know how to get started because I understand that what is happening is my fault, since I got myself in this situation. A little
Family forcing me to choose between them and my boyfriend!
Hiya! I'm going to try and make all this as condense as possible so, deep breath, here goes... Back in August I went [I]out out [/I]with a friend
Complicated friend losing husband
I apologize in advance for a longish post. I have a friend who has 3 kids and one on the way. She and her husband just bought a house and moved in

Featured Threads
Is he just telling me what I want to hear?
I've posted on here a few times regarding my relationship. I finally built up the courage to break up with him. It's now been 5 weeks, yet due to our
Did the Psychologist get this wrong??
Me and my boyfriend have been together 8 years. We have not married or had kids yet which is more because of me in the sense I don't feel ready. He
Woman I'm dating revealed a lot about her sexual past
Hi Everyone, I'm a 28 year old male and have been going out with a 28 year old woman for about a month. Things have been going well and we have
Too Fussy?
So on my journey of recovering from a series of abusive and rubbish relationships Iíve come up with a list of deal breakers and a list of minimum
Is there still hope? Wanting to get back with Ex
I feel my hope of getting back with my ex is over for good. We broke up 12 months ago. I did the breaking up and during that time I've been begging
Sexual Chemistry or Comfort
Hi Everyone: I feel guilty for asking this, but here goes: I'm the type of person who is always in a relationship, most of the time they're
advice welcome
Hi all. Been with my wife for 20yrs, married 13yrs. Due to problems on both sides we split up in September. 2 weeks later she is in a rebound and
Ask For Advice