Am I wrong for this?

Capttrae

For those of y'all that be been on here a bit y'all have seen me post about mom and her declining health for a while now. She's back in the hospital again, I'm at work can't get off. When I get off I've got the first couple days with a pretty young lady that I haven't spent much time with in many years. Then I was planning on going home and going shed hunting for a few days and put cams out. But that of course has changed now I'm going from Lake City FL where I'm meeting the lady to West Memphis Ar to see about mom, then on home to the great state of Kentucky.

I feel ashamed and guilty that I'm wanting to take some personal time to spend with The Lady and try to find a few sheds am I wrong for that? I'm also seriously considering suggesting that she go to a home so she can be looked after 24/7. But then I think, is that what I'd want if it was me in that situation? Would I want to be put in some home somewhere? And my answer is no, I'd rather just go to my house and spend whatever time I had left there, but I also wouldn't want to be a burden to my son and have him worryin about me while he's at work.

I know what she's going to do, she's gonna pitch a hissy when I mention going to a home and say she wants to be right there at her house.

Also, how do I broach the subject of her driving? granted, she hasn't drove but once in the last 6 months and that was with me sittin beside her and it scared the living hell out of me, but she says she wants to drive again. How do I tell her that's out of the picture?

Probably not in a good place right now to give you advice as I just literally lost my grandfather.

All I am going to tell you is that life is not predictable. You don't know how much time you have left with a loved one. Please go see her. Sheds and girlfriends will wait, but your mother might be gone in a heartbeat and she is never coming back and you will live with that regret for the rest of your life.

Probably not in a good place right now to give you advice as I just literally lost my grandfather.

All I am going to tell you is that life is not predictable. You don't know how much time you have left with a loved one. Please go see her. Sheds and girlfriends will wait, but your mother might be gone in a heartbeat and she is never coming back and you will live with that regret for the rest of your life.

I'll be up there the Sunday after I get off the boat

For those of y'all that be been on here a bit y'all have seen me post about mom and her declining health for a while now. She's back in the hospital again, I'm at work can't get off. When I get off I've got the first couple days with a pretty young lady that I haven't spent much time with in many years. Then I was planning on going home and going shed hunting for a few days and put cams out. But that of course has changed now I'm going from Lake City FL where I'm meeting the lady to West Memphis Ar to see about mom, then on home to the great state of Kentucky.

I feel ashamed and guilty that I'm wanting to take some personal time to spend with The Lady and try to find a few sheds am I wrong for that? I'm also seriously considering suggesting that she go to a home so she can be looked after 24/7. But then I think, is that what I'd want if it was me in that situation? Would I want to be put in some home somewhere? And my answer is no, I'd rather just go to my house and spend whatever time I had left there, but I also wouldn't want to be a burden to my son and have him worryin about me while he's at work.

I know what she's going to do, she's gonna pitch a hissy when I mention going to a home and say she wants to be right there at her house.

Also, how do I broach the subject of her driving? granted, she hasn't drove but once in the last 6 months and that was with me sittin beside her and it scared the living hell out of me, but she says she wants to drive again. How do I tell her that's out of the picture?

I'm sorry you're going through this. It sucks.

You're not wrong to want to live your own life and do things for you, but there's a time and place for it. Your mom is at a pretty shaky part of her life right now and she probably needs all the support she can get, even if she doesn't ask for it or makes a fuss.

I would think that your lady would understand that family comes first (when it comes to health) and that there is always time for visits with her afterwards.

As for your mom driving - tell her that if her doctor gives the OK to her driving, then she can. Otherwise she won't legally be allowed to and she can get into serious trouble for going against her doctor's wishes.

Archived