Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I ruined a Soul connection

Solostwhattodo

I ruined a Soul connection

Feeling so lonely and remorseful. It started innocently and was beautiful. We were like magnets, we even quit smoking together for 8 months! I picked back up last month due to stress of everything. It was his first serious relationship in his 30s. He is highly intelligent and very spiritual but does not work, believe in excess and extremely anti-establishment. He is very unique. I am almost 40, 7 years older than him and have had 3 serious long term relationships. He is very kind and upbeat for the most part. He has a lot of issues, ones that I don't know I could really get used to. He can be selfish, controlling, he is manipulative, narcissistic, pompous, does not want children, ruined two of my primary (out of 5) friendships purposefully, and embarrassed me in public. However, I think I really am the one who messed things up. I was very irritable, and have a habit of drilling things into people relentlessly that upset me in the past. He would push my buttons so often. I knew we needed space after just 3 months, and we are finally taking it after 11. Neither of us was strong enough to get out of each others way.

SO HERE IT IS: NEITHER OF US IS WORKING. I took a year off to travel with him. We spent every single day together from march until now, except for one time we had 3 days apart when he left me stranded hiking. I soooooo know from experience how important taking space is. We now have been apart for 3 days - no contact! He has never had a phone, hates tech.
    I had been keeping some of my stuff at a friend of his who is a girl. i went to go get it and he came by and the both of them made me feel like a third wheel. Now he is at her place with our cat and she blocked me on Facebook. I know they had a connection and she is in love with him. I have managed to use my self control- but he knows I have no one! i basically drove him across the United Stars to drop him and our cat off at his new girlfriends house. I seriously think that he needed to know he could fall back on her before he told me ENOUGH. We had so many problems, I just feel like I wanted it to end amicably and now it feels so open ended. I feel so hurt, rejected, betrayed, lone. She is probably taking advantage of his vulnerability and I can't to anything about it. I cannot believe it ended this way. I am trying not to be angry as I know that it is something this relationship has really highlighted for me, but I am just so sad and don't know what to do next. I am jobless, homeless, and 1000s of miles from anyone who would take me in. I miss him and I love him, I don't think I want to be with him. I don't know what to say about her. I may as well have just thrown him into her arms. He is so vulnerable as it is. I really screwed up! She was posting pics of my cat on fb n I ignored, then she had the nerve to block me!!!! I don't know what to do....help. I think they are both ruining my reputation, because he is always worried about his, but never says a bad thing about anyone.

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by Solostwhattodo [Register to see the link]
    He has a lot of issues, ones that I don't know I could really get used to. He can be selfish, controlling, he is manipulative, narcissistic, pompous, does not want children, ruined two of my primary (out of 5) friendships purposefully, and embarrassed me in public. He would push my buttons so often. I knew we needed space after just 3 months, and we are finally taking it after 11..
    I'm sorry you're hurting, but you really really need to re-read your words above and absorb them. Personally, I think you dodged a bullet but that's just me. When reading your whole story, I don't think this would have worked out for the long term - to me, you two seem incompatible.

I think the best thing you can do is move on from this.

3. Thanks Krankor thanked for this post
    Solostwhattodo

Thank you. Just what I needed to hear. Still hurts and I am at a loss of what to do now. There was one point when I almost left and I was feeling strong, but right now I am feeling terrible about my actions and behaviors, it's been over for awhile, letting go is never easy.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Actually, he doesn't sound unique, he sounds like a jerk. Sorry.

Solostwhattodo

I appreciate it, you are right. Coincidentally, he has an Aspergers diagnosis, so there are many of these things I tried to overlook, or thought it was because of the Aspergers. Like him not being able to put himself in another's shoes, feeling insecure about my other relationships, etc. I just feel badly, and that may have something to do with it. I'm so sad.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Well, just to be clear Aspergers doesn't make people a jerk , some people just are due to how they are raised. I have a very sweet Aspergers boy.

8. Thanks mines thanked for this post
    Solostwhattodo

Oh, and I did not in anyway mean to insinuate that it does. I am sure you have a wonderful sweet boy! I guess the fact that he does makes me question if I took it into consideration enough even when I wrote about him in this post. Thank you and sincerely I did not mean to stereotype in anyway. 🙏✌️

~Seraphim ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Solostwhattodo [Register to see the link]
    Oh, and I did not in anyway mean to insinuate that it does. I am sure you have a wonderful sweet boy! I guess the fact that he does makes me question if I took it into consideration enough even when I wrote about him in this post. Thank you and sincerely I did not mean to stereotype in anyway. 🙏✌️
    Sometimes it is hard to know what is disability and what is just bad character isn't it? I think though ditching you places and ruining your friendships purposefully is bad character.

11. Thanks evad1 thanked for this post
    Solostwhattodo

Thank you very much, those were the two things I really had a problem with. In addition he had it really rough growing up, so you are more than likely right. I really appreciate your feedback!

~Seraphim ~
    Many Aspergers people do have rough upbringings being mistreated unfortunately. But it gives no one the right to harm back.

14. Thanks evad1 thanked for this post

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
It's Happening Again
Hey all, Well, it's happening again. Yet another great girl is slipping away after a hot start and some self-sabotaging thoughts. I've met a
I just need the general consensus on this one
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=5]​[/SIZE]I started dating a girl I hadn’t seen in twenty five years, and since then she had
Help! It wasn't rape but no consent was given
My partner and I have been together for 12 months now. He is incredible, he makes me so happy and I can honestly say, I've never been in love, the
My ex tells me how happy he is with his new girlfriend
Please help i dont know what to do. My bf broke up with me end of March. He wanted to be single and move away. He did not want to be in a
I am not attracted to physical appearance of my boyfriend
I am 23 and my boyfriend is 24 yrs. We are both from the same college and dating for 2 years now. But the thing is I am not interested in his
Healing after
How do I get over a breakup or obsessive thoughts about my ex who no longer loves me?
If we made eachother so happy and were falling in love- why split??
This one is a doozy, so please try and bear with me because I could really use some insight. I APOLOGIZE THIS IS SO LONG. I want you to have all

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I love you, but I'm not in love with you.
So my fiancé of 7.5 years has decided she isn't in love with me anymore so has broken up with me. Our situation is very complicated we have a 2.5
How far should I go with unfriending/blocking on social media?
Hi all, I'm going hard no contact. She originally unfriended me on Snap and Twitter. I recently unfriended her on FB and IG. I also went a step
missing atm
I think what I miss at the moment is having a friend to talk to like we used to. She became the only person I really talked to for the better part
Mum boyfriend inapropriate
Hi everyone, thought i would share an update on whats happened so far. Thankyou all for helping me out yesterday, everything you all said was really
Girlfriend always mad at me
Me and my girlfriend have been togetehr for almost a year. I love her more than anything and i know shes not cheating on me or anything like that
I [F/26] found underwear in my boyfriend's [M/30] pocket.
I've been with my boyfriend for over a year. Recently, my boyfriend asked me to look for some money, so I looked everywhere and I couldn't find it. I
Ex gf text me out of the blue
I guess I just want some feedback and honest replies as my head is completely gone again. Me and my ex gf have been in no contact for a few months
Ask For Advice