Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I ruined a Soul connection

Solostwhattodo

I ruined a Soul connection

Feeling so lonely and remorseful. It started innocently and was beautiful. We were like magnets, we even quit smoking together for 8 months! I picked back up last month due to stress of everything. It was his first serious relationship in his 30s. He is highly intelligent and very spiritual but does not work, believe in excess and extremely anti-establishment. He is very unique. I am almost 40, 7 years older than him and have had 3 serious long term relationships. He is very kind and upbeat for the most part. He has a lot of issues, ones that I don't know I could really get used to. He can be selfish, controlling, he is manipulative, narcissistic, pompous, does not want children, ruined two of my primary (out of 5) friendships purposefully, and embarrassed me in public. However, I think I really am the one who messed things up. I was very irritable, and have a habit of drilling things into people relentlessly that upset me in the past. He would push my buttons so often. I knew we needed space after just 3 months, and we are finally taking it after 11. Neither of us was strong enough to get out of each others way.

SO HERE IT IS: NEITHER OF US IS WORKING. I took a year off to travel with him. We spent every single day together from march until now, except for one time we had 3 days apart when he left me stranded hiking. I soooooo know from experience how important taking space is. We now have been apart for 3 days - no contact! He has never had a phone, hates tech.
    I had been keeping some of my stuff at a friend of his who is a girl. i went to go get it and he came by and the both of them made me feel like a third wheel. Now he is at her place with our cat and she blocked me on Facebook. I know they had a connection and she is in love with him. I have managed to use my self control- but he knows I have no one! i basically drove him across the United Stars to drop him and our cat off at his new girlfriends house. I seriously think that he needed to know he could fall back on her before he told me ENOUGH. We had so many problems, I just feel like I wanted it to end amicably and now it feels so open ended. I feel so hurt, rejected, betrayed, lone. She is probably taking advantage of his vulnerability and I can't to anything about it. I cannot believe it ended this way. I am trying not to be angry as I know that it is something this relationship has really highlighted for me, but I am just so sad and don't know what to do next. I am jobless, homeless, and 1000s of miles from anyone who would take me in. I miss him and I love him, I don't think I want to be with him. I don't know what to say about her. I may as well have just thrown him into her arms. He is so vulnerable as it is. I really screwed up! She was posting pics of my cat on fb n I ignored, then she had the nerve to block me!!!! I don't know what to do....help. I think they are both ruining my reputation, because he is always worried about his, but never says a bad thing about anyone.

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by Solostwhattodo [Register to see the link]
    He has a lot of issues, ones that I don't know I could really get used to. He can be selfish, controlling, he is manipulative, narcissistic, pompous, does not want children, ruined two of my primary (out of 5) friendships purposefully, and embarrassed me in public. He would push my buttons so often. I knew we needed space after just 3 months, and we are finally taking it after 11..
    I'm sorry you're hurting, but you really really need to re-read your words above and absorb them. Personally, I think you dodged a bullet but that's just me. When reading your whole story, I don't think this would have worked out for the long term - to me, you two seem incompatible.

I think the best thing you can do is move on from this.

3. Thanks Krankor thanked for this post
    Solostwhattodo
    Thank you. Just what I needed to hear. Still hurts and I am at a loss of what to do now. There was one point when I almost left and I was feeling strong, but right now I am feeling terrible about my actions and behaviors, it's been over for awhile, letting go is never easy.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Actually, he doesn't sound unique, he sounds like a jerk. Sorry.

Solostwhattodo
    I appreciate it, you are right. Coincidentally, he has an Aspergers diagnosis, so there are many of these things I tried to overlook, or thought it was because of the Aspergers. Like him not being able to put himself in another's shoes, feeling insecure about my other relationships, etc. I just feel badly, and that may have something to do with it. I'm so sad.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Well, just to be clear Aspergers doesn't make people a jerk , some people just are due to how they are raised. I have a very sweet Aspergers boy.

8. Thanks mines thanked for this post
    Solostwhattodo
    Oh, and I did not in anyway mean to insinuate that it does. I am sure you have a wonderful sweet boy! I guess the fact that he does makes me question if I took it into consideration enough even when I wrote about him in this post. Thank you and sincerely I did not mean to stereotype in anyway. 🙏✌️

~Seraphim ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Solostwhattodo [Register to see the link]
    Oh, and I did not in anyway mean to insinuate that it does. I am sure you have a wonderful sweet boy! I guess the fact that he does makes me question if I took it into consideration enough even when I wrote about him in this post. Thank you and sincerely I did not mean to stereotype in anyway. 🙏✌️
    Sometimes it is hard to know what is disability and what is just bad character isn't it? I think though ditching you places and ruining your friendships purposefully is bad character.

11. Thanks evad1 thanked for this post
    Solostwhattodo
    Thank you very much, those were the two things I really had a problem with. In addition he had it really rough growing up, so you are more than likely right. I really appreciate your feedback!

~Seraphim ~
    Many Aspergers people do have rough upbringings being mistreated unfortunately. But it gives no one the right to harm back.

14. Thanks evad1 thanked for this post

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
My ex fell out of love but I still want him back?
Tldr at the end! Okay so it's been a month since my break up with my ex boyfriend. We dated for almost a year and he's the first one I've ever loved
Need support to break up with him
Hello, Basically, to cut a long story short, ive been seeing a guy for 10 months and the past 5/6 months he has been treating me like dog crap
Whatís the real reason she dumped me
Need a little advice here or at least a second opinion please. We were together for 9 months. I know itís not that long in the grand scheme of
Fiance left me after everything for another, richer guy
Hello everyone, You know I have been searching for answers everywhere, and I came across this forum, and thought I would see what everyone
Ex FWB Faking His Death to Avoid Me?!
Iím looking for some insight and advice on my crazy situation. My rational side knows what I need to do, but my heart is breaking over this man and
Needing Time and Understanding.... Or Just Slowly Disconnecting...?
Everything was going great... Great communication .. even in dificult times... Great fun.. goofy times... Great sex... All around seeming
Humiliated and exposed to my entire city
Here is a story of the daily shaming that I face in my city due to cutting ties with someone. When I was in high school, I met a boy. He was 19 and I

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My (ex?) girlfriend has anorexia and it probably destroyed our relationship - what to do?
Hello. I would like to tell my story. I am a 22 year-old male dating an 18 year-old female, though we have probably broken up today. This is
Question about how I should handle the finances in my marriage
I recently married my bf of 5 years and we are expecting a baby early next year. Since then I've found out some rather disturbing things about his
married now found out she cheated while we were dating Im so confused help
We have been married 2 years and dated a long time before we were married (16yrs) 5 years into our relationship my wife , then gf went on a cruise
Wanting To Be With Loved One In After-Life
Has anyone who has ever lost a loved one with whom they were extremely close and loved dearly ever thought about taking his/her own life so as to be
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
I it wrong to date my sister's ex boyfriend?
My sister was dating a guy for two month, and me and her bf start being friends until they broke up.....i have feelings for him and he also loves me
She left me because she thinks I'm dumb
I have been in relationship with this girl and moved to her country 3 months ago and lately things are going pretty bad and she is seeking for a
Ask For Advice