Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three meals a day

fresaartistica

Three meals a day

I have an eating disorder, and while I think I eat too much, people think I eat too little, including my husband. I really suck at this three meals a day, because I'm so afraid of getting fat. I am getting counseling, and I'm in the care of a doctor, but all this is taking a toll on me, my husband and our marriage. I feel not only guilty for stressing him out with my eating disorder, I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry. I often ignore my hunger. I feel like I'm running in a hamster wheel with this stupid eating disorder. Any advice?

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by fresaartistica [Register to see the link]
    I have an eating disorder, and while I think I eat too much, people think I eat too little, including my husband. I really suck at this three meals a day, because I'm so afraid of getting fat. I am getting counseling, and I'm in the care of a doctor, but all this is taking a toll on me, my husband and our marriage. I feel not only guilty for stressing him out with my eating disorder, I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry. I often ignore my hunger. I feel like I'm running in a hamster wheel with this stupid eating disorder. Any advice?
    I was going to advise that you seek professional counseling/therapy but you are already doing that. You are also in the care of a doctor and that's a good thing! Keep up with both.

Perhaps marriage counseling would help generally.

3. Thanks LaHermes thanked for this post
    catfeeder
    Consider the payoff you get in attention for scaring your husband. Then work with your therapist to find better ways of gaining the right kind of attention.

Wiseman2
    Who says you have to be that regimented?
    Quote Originally Posted by fresaartistica [Register to see the link]
    I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry.

mustlovedogs
    You need to eat when you're hungry. And I'm sure your doctor and psychologist are telling you this - but you need to get in the practice.

Have vegetables and fruit around. Graze on those when you're hungry. If a doctor agrees, start tracking calories - then you'll see, mathematically, that not only will you not gain weight but that you also aren't eating enough.

Eating disorders are very dangerous (which I'm sure you know) so you really need to start by paying attention to your own body. Hunger pangs are a sign

Krankor
    Read The Starch Solution by Dr. John McDougall. I've lost 25 pounds and also put on muscle, lowered blood pressure, cleared up eczema, etc. by following his recommendations.

By eating whole, plant based foods it's basically impossible to to overeat because of the calorie density. I eat all the potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, beans, and rice I want with some fruits and vegetables.

Also, go to YouTube and watch a lecture by Dr. Doug Lisle on what he calls The Pleasure Trap. It's very enlightening on why people overeat and do other things they know are bad for them. What's interesting is that it's more instinctual than emotional; basically, surrounded 24/7 by overly rich food our natural instincts end up working against us. Rats in a laboratory without any emotional problems will eat themselves to death on chocolate given the opportunity.

catfeeder
    It's not about the food.

Krankor
    Quote Originally Posted by catfeeder [Register to see the link]
    It's not about the food.
    I disagree entirely...
    [Register to see the link]

ThePoodle
    Maybe instead of 3 large meals a day, it would be a good idea to eat smaller meals more often? Things that are pretty quick and easy to make. That could make things easier without feeling like you might be eating too much at one time and of course, whatever your doctor advises

abitbroken
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catfeeder [Register to see the link]
    It's not about the food.
    I agree --- an eating disorder is NOT about changing to an all plant diet and everything will be assume -- its a mental disorder that needs to be healed -- not a matter of giving someone tips to stay thin. The MIND and emotions needs to be healed. Giving someone one more diet so their mind can have a whole new list of things to restrict and a whole new list of rules is not productive when someone has an illness. Its not a fitness issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
healthy activities you like
Hey people! Like everyone here, I'm trying to find myself, what i like and what i can keep myself busy with; and so far I've come up with a short
Getting stood up: is it a big deal?
Iím not sure if this is the right topic to post this forum in, but here it goes. Iíve experienced getting stood up A LOT in my life. (Itís funny
Interesting/Smartphones
How Smartphones Hijack Our Minds Research suggests that as the brain grows dependent on phone technology, the intellect weakens Appeared in the
I'm struggling to function...
As I write this I'm feeling incredibly anxious and depressed, and I'm at a loss for what to do. I'm currently taking anti-depressants and I'm
Father passed away
We decided to take my dad off life support 2 weeks ago. The funeral was a couple of days ago. I posted about family issues before. My family is not a

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My (ex?) girlfriend has anorexia and it probably destroyed our relationship - what to do?
Hello. I would like to tell my story. I am a 22 year-old male dating an 18 year-old female, though we have probably broken up today. This is
Question about how I should handle the finances in my marriage
I recently married my bf of 5 years and we are expecting a baby early next year. Since then I've found out some rather disturbing things about his
married now found out she cheated while we were dating Im so confused help
We have been married 2 years and dated a long time before we were married (16yrs) 5 years into our relationship my wife , then gf went on a cruise
Wanting To Be With Loved One In After-Life
Has anyone who has ever lost a loved one with whom they were extremely close and loved dearly ever thought about taking his/her own life so as to be
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
I it wrong to date my sister's ex boyfriend?
My sister was dating a guy for two month, and me and her bf start being friends until they broke up.....i have feelings for him and he also loves me
She left me because she thinks I'm dumb
I have been in relationship with this girl and moved to her country 3 months ago and lately things are going pretty bad and she is seeking for a
Ask For Advice