Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three meals a day

fresaartistica

Three meals a day

I have an eating disorder, and while I think I eat too much, people think I eat too little, including my husband. I really suck at this three meals a day, because I'm so afraid of getting fat. I am getting counseling, and I'm in the care of a doctor, but all this is taking a toll on me, my husband and our marriage. I feel not only guilty for stressing him out with my eating disorder, I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry. I often ignore my hunger. I feel like I'm running in a hamster wheel with this stupid eating disorder. Any advice?

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by fresaartistica [Register to see the link]
    I have an eating disorder, and while I think I eat too much, people think I eat too little, including my husband. I really suck at this three meals a day, because I'm so afraid of getting fat. I am getting counseling, and I'm in the care of a doctor, but all this is taking a toll on me, my husband and our marriage. I feel not only guilty for stressing him out with my eating disorder, I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry. I often ignore my hunger. I feel like I'm running in a hamster wheel with this stupid eating disorder. Any advice?
    I was going to advise that you seek professional counseling/therapy but you are already doing that. You are also in the care of a doctor and that's a good thing! Keep up with both.

Perhaps marriage counseling would help generally.

3. Thanks LaHermes thanked for this post
    catfeeder
    Consider the payoff you get in attention for scaring your husband. Then work with your therapist to find better ways of gaining the right kind of attention.

Wiseman2
    Who says you have to be that regimented?
    Quote Originally Posted by fresaartistica [Register to see the link]
    I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry.

mustlovedogs
    You need to eat when you're hungry. And I'm sure your doctor and psychologist are telling you this - but you need to get in the practice.

Have vegetables and fruit around. Graze on those when you're hungry. If a doctor agrees, start tracking calories - then you'll see, mathematically, that not only will you not gain weight but that you also aren't eating enough.

Eating disorders are very dangerous (which I'm sure you know) so you really need to start by paying attention to your own body. Hunger pangs are a sign

Krankor
    Read The Starch Solution by Dr. John McDougall. I've lost 25 pounds and also put on muscle, lowered blood pressure, cleared up eczema, etc. by following his recommendations.

By eating whole, plant based foods it's basically impossible to to overeat because of the calorie density. I eat all the potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, beans, and rice I want with some fruits and vegetables.

Also, go to YouTube and watch a lecture by Dr. Doug Lisle on what he calls The Pleasure Trap. It's very enlightening on why people overeat and do other things they know are bad for them. What's interesting is that it's more instinctual than emotional; basically, surrounded 24/7 by overly rich food our natural instincts end up working against us. Rats in a laboratory without any emotional problems will eat themselves to death on chocolate given the opportunity.

catfeeder
    It's not about the food.

Krankor
    Quote Originally Posted by catfeeder [Register to see the link]
    It's not about the food.
    I disagree entirely...
    [Register to see the link]

ThePoodle
    Maybe instead of 3 large meals a day, it would be a good idea to eat smaller meals more often? Things that are pretty quick and easy to make. That could make things easier without feeling like you might be eating too much at one time and of course, whatever your doctor advises

abitbroken
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catfeeder [Register to see the link]
    It's not about the food.
    I agree --- an eating disorder is NOT about changing to an all plant diet and everything will be assume -- its a mental disorder that needs to be healed -- not a matter of giving someone tips to stay thin. The MIND and emotions needs to be healed. Giving someone one more diet so their mind can have a whole new list of things to restrict and a whole new list of rules is not productive when someone has an illness. Its not a fitness issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Need all tips and advice to stop smoking
Hello not sure if this is the right forum to post at but just thought is try, I have been smoking cigarettes for a year now and decided it's time
Horrible pain possibly from pilonadal cyst
Hi, so the past few weeks I have had this pain right above my butt and thought nothing of it. Recently though I have been experiencing horrible pain

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice