Ask For Advice

Thread: Three meals a day

fresaartistica

Three meals a day

I have an eating disorder, and while I think I eat too much, people think I eat too little, including my husband. I really suck at this three meals a day, because I'm so afraid of getting fat. I am getting counseling, and I'm in the care of a doctor, but all this is taking a toll on me, my husband and our marriage. I feel not only guilty for stressing him out with my eating disorder, I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry. I often ignore my hunger. I feel like I'm running in a hamster wheel with this stupid eating disorder. Any advice?

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by fresaartistica [Register to see the link]
    I have an eating disorder, and while I think I eat too much, people think I eat too little, including my husband. I really suck at this three meals a day, because I'm so afraid of getting fat. I am getting counseling, and I'm in the care of a doctor, but all this is taking a toll on me, my husband and our marriage. I feel not only guilty for stressing him out with my eating disorder, I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry. I often ignore my hunger. I feel like I'm running in a hamster wheel with this stupid eating disorder. Any advice?
    I was going to advise that you seek professional counseling/therapy but you are already doing that. You are also in the care of a doctor and that's a good thing! Keep up with both.

Perhaps marriage counseling would help generally.

catfeeder
    Consider the payoff you get in attention for scaring your husband. Then work with your therapist to find better ways of gaining the right kind of attention.

Wiseman2
    Who says you have to be that regimented?
    Quote Originally Posted by fresaartistica [Register to see the link]
    I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry.

mustlovedogs
    You need to eat when you're hungry. And I'm sure your doctor and psychologist are telling you this - but you need to get in the practice.

Have vegetables and fruit around. Graze on those when you're hungry. If a doctor agrees, start tracking calories - then you'll see, mathematically, that not only will you not gain weight but that you also aren't eating enough.

Eating disorders are very dangerous (which I'm sure you know) so you really need to start by paying attention to your own body. Hunger pangs are a sign

Krankor
    Read The Starch Solution by Dr. John McDougall. I've lost 25 pounds and also put on muscle, lowered blood pressure, cleared up eczema, etc. by following his recommendations.

By eating whole, plant based foods it's basically impossible to to overeat because of the calorie density. I eat all the potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, beans, and rice I want with some fruits and vegetables.

Also, go to YouTube and watch a lecture by Dr. Doug Lisle on what he calls The Pleasure Trap. It's very enlightening on why people overeat and do other things they know are bad for them. What's interesting is that it's more instinctual than emotional; basically, surrounded 24/7 by overly rich food our natural instincts end up working against us. Rats in a laboratory without any emotional problems will eat themselves to death on chocolate given the opportunity.

catfeeder
    It's not about the food.

Krankor
    Quote Originally Posted by catfeeder [Register to see the link]
    It's not about the food.
    I disagree entirely...
    [Register to see the link]

Top Threads
Working out
I started working out a month ago and I'm not noticing any changes to my belly area. I have a personal trainer 2 times a week I also do toning once a
My Wife Sleeps All Day Even After a Night's Sleep
My wife sleeps all day. This is after sleeping 7-8 hours at night. She works 3 days a week, 12 hour shifts as a nurse. On her days off is when she
Simply Fit Board ...lol
Okay guys don't laugh but I bought this off the internet. For those who don't know what it is, it's a balance board. You stand on it and twist and
Any Fitness Tips?
Anyone have any tips of keeping a consistent fitness routine? I'm usually pretty good with it, just wondering if anyone has any additional tips on
Not sure what to do, keep working?
I am and always have been a thinker... High IQ, tested in elementary school. Worked here and there, computers are my hobby, not a programmer. Grew
Insecurity about my body
I am VERY insecure when it comes to my body. It's easier to tell people that you shouldn't have to worry about how you look because you're beautiful

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Completely Confused? What does this mean?
Hi All- I was dating a guy for almost a year. We had a pretty great relationship- Things got serious. We told each other we loved each other. Even
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
Not a regular here, I have a few questions...
I'll try to make this brief. Been in a relationship (23F) with a man (35) for 5 years. Typical in the beginning, though I always wondered how he
Weed or Me
Hi, I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months - he is 31 and I am 24. He has recently started smoking weed every night and I don't really
Is He Hiding from Me?
Hi All, Need some advice from those that are familiar with social media apps such as Instagram.. I'v been friends with this guy for about a
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
I broke hard NC after 7 months (B I G M I S T A K E)
No surprise, I'm absolutely devastated. She pretty much blew me off like I was a piece of trash. At first I was happy because she actually responded
Ask For Advice