Ask For Advice

Thread: Three meals a day

fresaartistica

Three meals a day

I have an eating disorder, and while I think I eat too much, people think I eat too little, including my husband. I really suck at this three meals a day, because I'm so afraid of getting fat. I am getting counseling, and I'm in the care of a doctor, but all this is taking a toll on me, my husband and our marriage. I feel not only guilty for stressing him out with my eating disorder, I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry. I often ignore my hunger. I feel like I'm running in a hamster wheel with this stupid eating disorder. Any advice?

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by fresaartistica [Register to see the link]
    I have an eating disorder, and while I think I eat too much, people think I eat too little, including my husband. I really suck at this three meals a day, because I'm so afraid of getting fat. I am getting counseling, and I'm in the care of a doctor, but all this is taking a toll on me, my husband and our marriage. I feel not only guilty for stressing him out with my eating disorder, I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry. I often ignore my hunger. I feel like I'm running in a hamster wheel with this stupid eating disorder. Any advice?
    I was going to advise that you seek professional counseling/therapy but you are already doing that. You are also in the care of a doctor and that's a good thing! Keep up with both.

Perhaps marriage counseling would help generally.

catfeeder
    Consider the payoff you get in attention for scaring your husband. Then work with your therapist to find better ways of gaining the right kind of attention.

Wiseman2
    Who says you have to be that regimented?
    Quote Originally Posted by fresaartistica [Register to see the link]
    I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry.

mustlovedogs
    You need to eat when you're hungry. And I'm sure your doctor and psychologist are telling you this - but you need to get in the practice.

Have vegetables and fruit around. Graze on those when you're hungry. If a doctor agrees, start tracking calories - then you'll see, mathematically, that not only will you not gain weight but that you also aren't eating enough.

Eating disorders are very dangerous (which I'm sure you know) so you really need to start by paying attention to your own body. Hunger pangs are a sign

Krankor
    Read The Starch Solution by Dr. John McDougall. I've lost 25 pounds and also put on muscle, lowered blood pressure, cleared up eczema, etc. by following his recommendations.

By eating whole, plant based foods it's basically impossible to to overeat because of the calorie density. I eat all the potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, beans, and rice I want with some fruits and vegetables.

Also, go to YouTube and watch a lecture by Dr. Doug Lisle on what he calls The Pleasure Trap. It's very enlightening on why people overeat and do other things they know are bad for them. What's interesting is that it's more instinctual than emotional; basically, surrounded 24/7 by overly rich food our natural instincts end up working against us. Rats in a laboratory without any emotional problems will eat themselves to death on chocolate given the opportunity.

catfeeder
    It's not about the food.

Krankor
    Quote Originally Posted by catfeeder [Register to see the link]
    It's not about the food.
    I disagree entirely...
    [Register to see the link]

Top Threads
Working out
I joined a gym a week ago, I haven't worked out in 5 years. I started out on the elite side of the gym using the trx and mx4 small group sessions. I
Is 10mg Lexapro a too low dosage?
I started taking the 10 mgs around the 1st of this month, I think I was feeling a bit better. I went in for my follow up on (last) Thursday feeling
Twilight anesthesia
If you have dental phobia I HIGHLY recommend this for dental surgery. I have a massive dental phobia and I needed a surgical extraction. I was so so

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice