Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three meals a day

fresaartistica

Three meals a day

I have an eating disorder, and while I think I eat too much, people think I eat too little, including my husband. I really suck at this three meals a day, because I'm so afraid of getting fat. I am getting counseling, and I'm in the care of a doctor, but all this is taking a toll on me, my husband and our marriage. I feel not only guilty for stressing him out with my eating disorder, I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry. I often ignore my hunger. I feel like I'm running in a hamster wheel with this stupid eating disorder. Any advice?

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by fresaartistica [Register to see the link]
    I have an eating disorder, and while I think I eat too much, people think I eat too little, including my husband. I really suck at this three meals a day, because I'm so afraid of getting fat. I am getting counseling, and I'm in the care of a doctor, but all this is taking a toll on me, my husband and our marriage. I feel not only guilty for stressing him out with my eating disorder, I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry. I often ignore my hunger. I feel like I'm running in a hamster wheel with this stupid eating disorder. Any advice?
    I was going to advise that you seek professional counseling/therapy but you are already doing that. You are also in the care of a doctor and that's a good thing! Keep up with both.

Perhaps marriage counseling would help generally.

catfeeder
    Consider the payoff you get in attention for scaring your husband. Then work with your therapist to find better ways of gaining the right kind of attention.

Wiseman2
    Who says you have to be that regimented?
    Quote Originally Posted by fresaartistica [Register to see the link]
    I also can't make myself eat three meals a day, even when I get hungry.

mustlovedogs
    You need to eat when you're hungry. And I'm sure your doctor and psychologist are telling you this - but you need to get in the practice.

Have vegetables and fruit around. Graze on those when you're hungry. If a doctor agrees, start tracking calories - then you'll see, mathematically, that not only will you not gain weight but that you also aren't eating enough.

Eating disorders are very dangerous (which I'm sure you know) so you really need to start by paying attention to your own body. Hunger pangs are a sign

Krankor
    Read The Starch Solution by Dr. John McDougall. I've lost 25 pounds and also put on muscle, lowered blood pressure, cleared up eczema, etc. by following his recommendations.

By eating whole, plant based foods it's basically impossible to to overeat because of the calorie density. I eat all the potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, beans, and rice I want with some fruits and vegetables.

Also, go to YouTube and watch a lecture by Dr. Doug Lisle on what he calls The Pleasure Trap. It's very enlightening on why people overeat and do other things they know are bad for them. What's interesting is that it's more instinctual than emotional; basically, surrounded 24/7 by overly rich food our natural instincts end up working against us. Rats in a laboratory without any emotional problems will eat themselves to death on chocolate given the opportunity.

catfeeder
    It's not about the food.

Krankor
    Quote Originally Posted by catfeeder [Register to see the link]
    It's not about the food.
    I disagree entirely...
    [Register to see the link]

ThePoodle
    Maybe instead of 3 large meals a day, it would be a good idea to eat smaller meals more often? Things that are pretty quick and easy to make. That could make things easier without feeling like you might be eating too much at one time and of course, whatever your doctor advises

abitbroken
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catfeeder [Register to see the link]
    It's not about the food.
    I agree --- an eating disorder is NOT about changing to an all plant diet and everything will be assume -- its a mental disorder that needs to be healed -- not a matter of giving someone tips to stay thin. The MIND and emotions needs to be healed. Giving someone one more diet so their mind can have a whole new list of things to restrict and a whole new list of rules is not productive when someone has an illness. Its not a fitness issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Too Much Vitamin B ... And Coffee
Hey guys, so lately and on weekends especially, I've been feeling very wired/wound up, trouble sleeping, a bit "moody" lots of energy. Last night
Kidney pain with no kidney stones?
I've had a very strange and alarming pain in my left kidney for the past five years. I'm 24 and have had a fair few years of UTIs which were
Iím at a stage of giving up on everything??
Iíve been struggling with my physical and mental health for most of my life, I started feeling severely suicidal by first grade. I was diagnosed with
Too Much CoffeeVitamin B
So lately and on weekends especially, I've been feeling very wired/wound up, trouble sleeping or too much sleep. Last night was out with BF till

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice