Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Date: 24 old asian girl and 34 yr white male- Interesting Story

Lion-Guy

First Date: 24 old asian girl and 34 yr white male- Interesting Story

Hey guys, had a first date tonight with a conservative 24 yr old Asian girl. I'm 34 yr white male, avg. handsome with a very good job. Met online dating site.

1. The girl showed up to date even though she said she felt not well. She specially said she felt bad but didn't well but didn't want to cancel on me. We had a beer and great conversation and when I told her we should leave home she suggested "where to next?"
    2. Tried to hold her hand to next place and she wasn't into it, didn't "know me well enough" and it "Felt weird" she said, fair enough
    3. Next bar and 3 drinks in, she really opened up to me and told me about her family, mom passed away, how she gets attached easily and heart has been heart broken. Her heart is guarded. She doesn't like that guys get upset that she is not good with her phone and messages. The eye contact and leaning over the table was amazing on her part, I felt like the indicators of interest were great. Suggested she join me for a concert saturday and played the music, she said was more into hard rock and never answered if she wanted to come or not, they are $300 tickets, I'd rather bring her then other girls but she never said yes
    4. Walked her back to her car and I said are you finally going to hold my hand? in a funny way and she said "just bc other girls do stupid stuff when they are drunk, I don't" in a polite away. She gave me a ride to my car and hugged her good bye. The kiss seemed liked a far reach after she didn't want to hold my hand. Normally I kiss every girl goodnight whether I get turned down or not, but didn't on this one.
    5. Texted her when I got home saying good to meet you and something interesting about you. NO RESPONSE for 2 hrs. Then it was "home safe, good to meet you".
    6. Normally I have no issue walking away with a first date, not thinking much for a few day, but this girl had me thinking.....

did I do wrong or is he playing hard to get? All the other girls in the past write back right away or hold my had no problem. So confused, thought it went so well, she stayed till I wanted to leave and the eye contact was amazing. Am I overthinking this ladies? During the the date I felt like I she liked me way more, now I am feel lost. I am currently seeing several girls first and second dates as I am recently single. But this girl really interested me more then others.

Much thanks for any constructive feedback.

jujusamples
    This is just my opinion, not sure it's an Asian thing or not but I'm Asian and I find the way your date acted is pretty normal;

1) Yes, holding hands on the first meeting is a bit much, it would actually made me feel awkward and thinks the dude is going on too strong!
    2) Yes, you are thinking too much into this, you know why, I think you are interested in her. You probably felt something you didn't feel with the other woman you are seeing or dating.
    3) I don't think she's playing hard to get. I think she probably went home, had things to do, like wash up and etc.. so she probably didn't response to you until she's about to go bed. (that's just my guess because it's something I would do)
    4) She's probably not thinking into it as much as you at this moment. So the ball is in your court because I think you have a thing for her.
    5) Just go for it, it doesn't hurt to try! Good luck!

Forgot to mention; It's not cool to drink and drive by the way.

3. Thanks Lion-Guy, Sportster2005, lostandhurt, FlashEng1 thanked for this post
    pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    So you both drunk drived is what I am getting from this ...

5. Thanks evad1, faraday, agent thanked for this post
    angrythoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by pippy longstocking [Register to see the link]
    So you both drunk drived is what I am getting from this ...
    That's hilarious 😂

7. Thanks Wiseman2, evad1 thanked for this post
    pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angrythoughts [Register to see the link]
    That's hilarious 😂
    I think I am just a bit old and sad , but honestly AT that was my first thought !

I do think op you are showing the whole pull push thing as a fine example ... the more she pulled away on this date the more you wanted to push ... she got your interest by not being full on with you . She didn't reciprocate and your interest has doubled ..it is interesting ..As humans ( well some of us are human ) we seem to gravitate to the person who poses a challenge .

I would ask her out again and take it from there ..she may be a girl who takes it very slow and very carefully , and there is nothing wrong with that . A lot of girls would feel it a bit too much to hold hands straight away and have a kiss ..

9. Thanks IAmFCA, Sportster2005, Andrina thanked for this post
    IAmFCA
    She made conversation with a lively and familiar manner. She enjoyed the outing. That's all we know.

11. Thanks FlashEng1 thanked for this post
    Lion-Guy
    I agree. I certainly don't drink and drive. I took an Uber home and left my car. 3 beers over the span of 3 hrs. I asked her several times if I could get her an uber, but she insisted she was ok to drive. I honestly think she was, but I'm with you guys.

Appreciate the responses. I don't think hand holding is a bid deal, the last 3 dates held my hand no problem, but they def were not as conservative as her. Thanks for the women's perspective [Register to see the link] . Sheds a lot of light on things.

I should stop caring so much about her and wait till she expresses more interest. I don't see how the ball is in my court.

jujusamples
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion-Guy [Register to see the link]
    I agree. I certainly don't drink and drive. I took an Uber home and left my car. 3 beers over the span of 3 hrs. I asked her several times if I could get her an uber, but she insisted she was ok to drive. I honestly think she was, but I'm with you guys.

Appreciate the responses. I don't think hand holding is a bid deal, the last 3 dates held my hand no problem, but they def were not as conservative as her. Thanks for the women's perspective [Register to see the link] . Sheds a lot of light on things.

I should stop caring so much about her and wait till she expresses more interest. I don't see how the ball is in my court.
    Okay, maybe it's an Asian thing! LOL The ball is in your court is because, she did show some interest and I'm assuming she' a bit old fashion as in she wants the guy to initiate. I say, if you like her, go for it as in try texting her or something again in a few days. Is hands holding on the first date really normal? I dunno I find it too much and will make me feel a little awkward.

14. Thanks Lion-Guy thanked for this post
    pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    good lad , I am so pleased to read that and sorry for accusing you .

as far as the holding hands ...I would probably hedge a 50/50 bet on it ... as in half of the women in my none existent survey would and the other half wouldn't and i don't think you can gauge her interest by this . Not yet anyway . Same as the first date kiss ...
    She is getting to know you first .

16. Thanks Lion-Guy thanked for this post
    Lion-Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by pippy longstocking [Register to see the link]
    you are showing the whole pull push thing as a fine example ... the more she pulled away on this date the more you wanted to push ... she got your interest by not being full on with you . She didn't reciprocate and your interest has doubled ..it is interesting ..As humans ( well some of us are human ) we seem to gravitate to the person who poses a challenge .

I would ask her out again and take it from there ..she may be a girl who takes it very slow and very carefully , and there is nothing wrong with that . A lot of girls would feel it a bit too much to hold hands straight away and have a kiss ..
    Totally. I wasn't used to that. She is younger then the other girls. She wouldn't stop talking about how she want to find her true love and not waste time dating another guy for two months etc. So she is looking for something serious. As I am too. 4 months ago got out of a 5 yr relationship where the girl cheated on me. Just going on dates have been a big jump getting back into the game. But something I am certainly ready for and I am totally over my ex. I deserve better.

I kissed and held hands on the last 3 first dates like it was nothing. Then again I am pretty good at building attraction and comfort. Obviously not good enough with this particular fine women.

I guess it is time for me to play the game, not respond for a few days and pull away. Hope that works. I'll ask her for another date in a few days.

Thanks everyone. Will let you know how to goes.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Question About Multi-Dating And Sex
This is to the ladies who multi-date, but men feel free to chime in too. Last summer, I multi-dated a little bit (no sex), but I never really
"Falling in Love" according to an evolutionary psychologist:
So, I've been listening to a podcast called "Beat Your Genes" by Dr. Doug Lisle, a clinical psychologist who approaches psychology from a
What if she doesn't say I Love You Back?
Hi everyone. I have been dating my girlfriend since January. After long hard thought I have finally come to realise that I love her. I totally accept
His ex is still in the picture..
So, I've been dating this guy for a few months now (known him for over a year.) Yesterday he posted a photo on his social media of him with animals
Head over heels over someone I've never met
So a few months ago I decided to try out online dating. After a weeks of trying it out, I found someone that was perfect for me. We had the same
dating pet peeve-can it be stopped?
Hi, all! I have this HUGE pet peeve. Just about every time I go on a first date, I get pressured for sex. It doesn't matter how I dress. I don't act
I can't quit thinking about him. What is my next move?
So there is this guy that I can NOT quit thinking about and I need some guidance. I'm 29 and haven't dated too much the last few years. I'm super

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice