Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recuring dream

yamajii89
    Bronze Member

Recuring dream

Hi everyone hoping to get some insight on what my dreams mean or if they men anything at all.

So i have this recuring dream i have, it probably occurs 2ce kr 3 times a week now and ive been having it for 3 years now.. I never really took notice because theyre good and fun dreams.

Anyways in the dream my friend who has been dead for 3 years keeps visiting me. We often play sports and video games, or go swiming to the beach sometimes even go to another world. Last night we were playi g beach vollyball with some mates and then went get some piano lessons.

The past 2 or 3 months or so is scaring me though, becausw often she would wake me up by shaking my shoulder and i would wake up shaking them myself but i can feel her fingers for a few seconds after waking up..

We shared homlessness when we werw kids, though we werent related but when she was 15 and i was 20 we met eachother in the streets, and we supported eachother during those dark days. She had a heart attack and died in 2014.

Any thoughts?

2. Thanks RainyCoast thanked for this post
    angrythoughts
    Wow that's really interesting. Maybe you should go see someone about that. I have no advice. If that were me I'd probably have went #2 on myself lol.

The dreams are positive at least.

4. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member pippy longstocking's Avatar
    This is one of those subjects that is a bit hit or miss on here . I once tried to get into dream interpretation and bought books and alsorts but it was so complex and each individual little things means different things and I realised it wasn't going to be my show haha but what I do know is they are easier to work out as a whole regarding what is going on in that persons life .

Many dreams are our minds un scrammbling stuff , the days events , what we see that we don't really notice , what we see and DO notice ... it is like our minds doing their own thing every night to have a clear out if you will ..

What I can tell you as a spiritualist is it is those moments as we nod off to sleep or are just waking up when the spirit world will come to us and in my world this is what she is doing ...she is visiting you . so you have said she has been gone for 3 years and the dreams have gone on for 3 years ...I would normally edge towards her just not ready to leave yet , but I am not so sure because 3 years and a few times a week is a lot . Don't worry I don't for one minute think she is coming for you or warning you or anything like that . Have you struggled to let her go ? is your life still difficult ... spirit will also come when in need , my mam has , she has been gone 3 years , however I have only seen her once .

Maybe the time you where together was so harsh and I mean bless you and her .. on the street looking out for each other ..what a unique and very sad bond ..maybe she wants to have fun , to be a part of your life that isn't thwart with worry and fear . In the dreams it is all fun and happy by the sounds of it .

I don't think any of us know for real ..and on here we all have very different opinions so you don't have to take my word as gospel ..I am a *take me or leave me * kinda person when it comes to this stuff .

One thing you could do ..just as you are going off to sleep , ask her if she is ok , or ask her what does she want ... just simple and clear .. and maybe have a pen and paper next to you so you can write down your dream as soon as you wake up .. within seconds we lose parts of dreams .. I honestly don't feel like this is anything bad or any kind of warning .
    Last edited by pippy longstocking; 02-08-2017 at 05:04 AM.

pippy longstocking
    Quote Originally Posted by angrythoughts [Register to see the link]
    Wow that's really interesting. Maybe you should go see someone about that. I have no advice. If that were me I'd probably have went #2 on myself lol.

The dreams are positive at least.
    I would actually do this myself ...I would go and get a reading off a Medium .

RainyCoast
    what happens before she shakes your shoulder? the fun part of the dream? and then she stirs you awake as if something is wrong? maybe you fear your life right now is too good to be true? still fear the experience of homelessness? i think it's one of those experiences that once you've been through it, you have a hard time believing you're safe now.

what area of your life is shaky? have you been neglecting something in the past 2-3 months that could go wrong?

i think most probably it is related to what you mentioned in your last thread-- that now that business is thriving you still have trouble shaking off your old persona shaped on low social standing, joblessness, homelessness. it's a difficult experience to have.

so i think subconsciously you still fear ending up in a bad place, and it manifests in the dream with her, because she was in a bad place.

i love the nice dreams you have about her. beautiful.

eta: to be safe, check your blood pressure, cholesterol and clotting. it's a short trip to the gp.

i actually think in the dream she represents your identity of someone socially disprivileged, because that was her identity too. and then she tries to stir you out of that old identity. as if she is telling you to wake up from your old story, because it is no longer fitting. because you are safe and functional and employed and housed now.
    Last edited by RainyCoast; 02-08-2017 at 05:45 AM.

8. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    pippy longstocking
    i actually think in the dream she represents your identity of someone socially disprivileged, because that was her identity too. and then she tries to stir you out of that old identity. as if she is telling you to wake up from your old story, because it is no longer fitting. because you are safe and functional and employed and housed now.

I LOVE that rainy , fab fab fabulous

RainyCoast
    it's the only explanation i can think of because he said he still isn't confident despite work going well.

i do love the idea of asking her questions. maybe she can guide you out of your old story. physically you are already out, but i mean emotionally. you took on some scarlet letter emblem, maybe ask her to take it off. if she represents a part of you who is stuck in that experience, you would basically be de-stigmatizing yourself.

maybe visualize when awake, if controlling the dream is difficult.

yamajii89
    Bronze Member
    Thanks for the mesaages. Guys really interesting insight..

I have read a few articles here and there.. The thing is most of the dreams with her is not lucis.. And were just playing random activities together. By the end of her road we were financially well off already. Some say shes trying to catch up because we rarly had fun because i wS always working trying to get us off the streets.. And by the time that happened we had little time to enjoy life.

In the dreams i dont remember what happens before she shakes me to wake up.. I just remember her shaking me.

There were no romantic association with us at first.. Though i did feel some little tingle of love. But i saw her as my little sister, someone i took care of.

RainyCoast
    do you have survivor guilt?

yamajii89
    Bronze Member
    I do. Shes probable just a memory living in my head..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
comprehension problems
- I am 24 years old, physically healthy for the most part. I have a hard time keeping track of my finances, problems picking up on social cues and
Something wrong with my upper GI tract
I have been having problems with my GI tract and they have gotten worse. My GI doctor doesn't listen and writes me off as simply constipated. So I
Sex Headache
This happened to me several years ago(about 4)but it hadn't since then, so I just chalked it up to a weird body anomaly, but it's kind of scary. So
Where to go to recuperate?
Hey there, I'm reeling after a psychotic episode. I've lost contact with anyone who can support me. I'm not in a supportive environment- I'm in

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
I dont like my girlfriends new piercing
So my girlfriend went and got nipple piercings knowing that i didnt like them and didnt tell me she was gonna get them. They are a really big turn
What I am to her ?
hey guys I want some counseling .. I met a girl online .. At first she said that she doesn't wanna fall for me and we will be just friends .. I said
I want my family back
Hi, I was dumped on New Years Eve by my ex girlfriend of 8 years whom I have a 6 year old with. We have been arguing for the past few months prior to
Anxious and depressed about being 32 yo and not married
I could really use some kind and encouraging words right now because I wake up every morning to an intense feeling of pain because I am alone. I'm 32
Ex (dumper) delays giving keys back. Why?
First time poster. Been viewing threads somewhat regularly for a few months now and figured I'd get a few opinions. I'll give a little of the
Ask For Advice