Recuring dream

Hi everyone hoping to get some insight on what my dreams mean or if they men anything at all.

So i have this recuring dream i have, it probably occurs 2ce kr 3 times a week now and ive been having it for 3 years now.. I never really took notice because theyre good and fun dreams.

Anyways in the dream my friend who has been dead for 3 years keeps visiting me. We often play sports and video games, or go swiming to the beach sometimes even go to another world. Last night we were playi g beach vollyball with some mates and then went get some piano lessons.

The past 2 or 3 months or so is scaring me though, becausw often she would wake me up by shaking my shoulder and i would wake up shaking them myself but i can feel her fingers for a few seconds after waking up..

We shared homlessness when we werw kids, though we werent related but when she was 15 and i was 20 we met eachother in the streets, and we supported eachother during those dark days. She had a heart attack and died in 2014.

Any thoughts?

This is one of those subjects that is a bit hit or miss on here . I once tried to get into dream interpretation and bought books and alsorts but it was so complex and each individual little things means different things and I realised it wasn't going to be my show haha but what I do know is they are easier to work out as a whole regarding what is going on in that persons life .

Many dreams are our minds un scrammbling stuff , the days events , what we see that we don't really notice , what we see and DO notice ... it is like our minds doing their own thing every night to have a clear out if you will ..

What I can tell you as a spiritualist is it is those moments as we nod off to sleep or are just waking up when the spirit world will come to us and in my world this is what she is doing ...she is visiting you . so you have said she has been gone for 3 years and the dreams have gone on for 3 years ...I would normally edge towards her just not ready to leave yet , but I am not so sure because 3 years and a few times a week is a lot . Don't worry I don't for one minute think she is coming for you or warning you or anything like that . Have you struggled to let her go ? is your life still difficult ... spirit will also come when in need , my mam has , she has been gone 3 years , however I have only seen her once .

Maybe the time you where together was so harsh and I mean bless you and her .. on the street looking out for each other ..what a unique and very sad bond ..maybe she wants to have fun , to be a part of your life that isn't thwart with worry and fear . In the dreams it is all fun and happy by the sounds of it .

I don't think any of us know for real ..and on here we all have very different opinions so you don't have to take my word as gospel ..I am a *take me or leave me * kinda person when it comes to this stuff .

One thing you could do ..just as you are going off to sleep , ask her if she is ok , or ask her what does she want ... just simple and clear .. and maybe have a pen and paper next to you so you can write down your dream as soon as you wake up .. within seconds we lose parts of dreams .. I honestly don't feel like this is anything bad or any kind of warning .

what happens before she shakes your shoulder? the fun part of the dream? and then she stirs you awake as if something is wrong? maybe you fear your life right now is too good to be true? still fear the experience of homelessness? i think it's one of those experiences that once you've been through it, you have a hard time believing you're safe now.

what area of your life is shaky? have you been neglecting something in the past 2-3 months that could go wrong?

i think most probably it is related to what you mentioned in your last thread-- that now that business is thriving you still have trouble shaking off your old persona shaped on low social standing, joblessness, homelessness. it's a difficult experience to have.

so i think subconsciously you still fear ending up in a bad place, and it manifests in the dream with her, because she was in a bad place.

i love the nice dreams you have about her. beautiful.

eta: to be safe, check your blood pressure, cholesterol and clotting. it's a short trip to the gp.

i actually think in the dream she represents your identity of someone socially disprivileged, because that was her identity too. and then she tries to stir you out of that old identity. as if she is telling you to wake up from your old story, because it is no longer fitting. because you are safe and functional and employed and housed now.

i actually think in the dream she represents your identity of someone socially disprivileged, because that was her identity too. and then she tries to stir you out of that old identity. as if she is telling you to wake up from your old story, because it is no longer fitting. because you are safe and functional and employed and housed now.

I LOVE that rainy , fab fab fabulous

it's the only explanation i can think of because he said he still isn't confident despite work going well.

i do love the idea of asking her questions. maybe she can guide you out of your old story. physically you are already out, but i mean emotionally. you took on some scarlet letter emblem, maybe ask her to take it off. if she represents a part of you who is stuck in that experience, you would basically be de-stigmatizing yourself.

maybe visualize when awake, if controlling the dream is difficult.

Thanks for the mesaages. Guys really interesting insight..

I have read a few articles here and there.. The thing is most of the dreams with her is not lucis.. And were just playing random activities together. By the end of her road we were financially well off already. Some say shes trying to catch up because we rarly had fun because i wS always working trying to get us off the streets.. And by the time that happened we had little time to enjoy life.

In the dreams i dont remember what happens before she shakes me to wake up.. I just remember her shaking me.

There were no romantic association with us at first.. Though i did feel some little tingle of love. But i saw her as my little sister, someone i took care of.

Omg you hit alot of points there.

My drive to be wealthy is exactly that! I never want to feel. Hungry or be homless ever again.

And yeah the past 1 month or so ive been slacking and i do fear that if i dont do something soon, something bads gonna happen.

I think shes just a memory in my head.

And yeah the past 1 month or so ive been slacking and i do fear that if i dont do something soon, something bads gonna happen.
yes, see to it immediately. have someone help you if you can't pick all the slack alone.

i had a dream with similar implications when i was feeling so overwhelmed with my burdens that i started to postpone...and postpone...and postpone my responsibilities...then i dreamt that i was sleeping in a tiny glass loft with an iron structure to hold the glass panes. just before i woke up i noticed that it didn't even have a floor. the only thing that was keeping me from falling was that my back and leg were pressed against the iron rods that held the glass panes. it freaked me out so much that i started to pick the slack immediately.

i think the shaking your shoulder could be a "snap out of it and hurry to meet your responsibilities" gesture.

Had nice dreams about friends family who are now gone. One was surfing a giant tsunami into LA. Great view. Then the usual running then suddenly taking off and flying around. Not normal? often play sports and video games, or go swiming to the beach sometimes even go to another world.

]

Well, I'm open to the idea that consciousness is more than we assume, and is not limited to our body being awake or alive. I've heard plenty of suggestions that we can visit those who've crossed over in our dream state, and for some people, even in waking state with our awareness or imagination. There are so many stories if you go looking for them, in books, online. Bruce Moen and Robert Moss are a couple of authors in this area, and Robert Monroe.

Well, I'm open to the idea that consciousness is more than we assume, and is not limited to our body being awake or alive. I've heard plenty of suggestions that we can visit those who've crossed over in our dream state, and for some people, even in waking state with our awareness or imagination. There are so many stories if you go looking for them, in books, online. Bruce Moen and Robert Moss are a couple of authors in this area, and Robert Monroe.

I believe this, and I have a rather eerie story to share about that.

Back when I was living in a very small apt in New York City, I would experience "sleep paralysis," below is a short description of what it is:

"when the brain and body aren't quite on the same page when it comes to sleep. During rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, dreaming is frequent, but the body's muscles are relaxed to the point of paralysis, perhaps to keep people from acting out their dreams."

Anyway, while in this state, which was quite unnerving because I experienced it every single night (or even during the day if I took a nap), I felt paralyzed, couldn't move, couldn't speak. I would feel the bed shaking though, which really freaked me out.

My boyfriend at the time witnessed it once when he was over during the day and I was napping. He said the bed was not shaking but I was; I was also trying to cry out but nothing would come out but little wimpers.

He immediately shook me to wake me up.

Also during this time, strange things were happening, often times I would smell a strange, but fragrant perfume (like roses), and little things would fall off my shelf. The curtains on my windows would suddenly move like a breeze came through or something (when there was no breeze).

Anyway, I lived there for 2 years and I would say this happened almost every single night!

The day I moved out, I mentioned to my landlord what I had experienced, and he told me the tenant who lived there prior to me was a young lady and she committed suicide in the apartment. I asked how and he said she drowned herself in the bathtub.

So was "she" still there somehow, not being able to fully transition over? Was she trying to send a message "through" me or something?

I wish so bad I would have known what I know now, and talked to her, asked her who she was, how I could help her transition over.

This all sounds so hokey, but I truly believe in this stuff!

OR maybe it was just a dream, guess I will never know.

What's interesting though is that after I moved out, I NEVER experienced this again.

Archived