Ask For Advice

Thread: Stress, anxiety and unintentional weight loss

maccerz
    Bronze Member

Stress, anxiety and unintentional weight loss

I'm quite worried about myself at the moment. I am doing a post grad in children's nursing which requires me to work full time in a children's hospital and attend college/ do college assignments and exams. I loved it at the beginning but the deeper I get into the whole thing the more stressed and anxious I become about it all (mainly working in the hospital, it's extremely intense at times). I feel like I'm living in a constant bubble of anxiety at the moment and I can't snap out of it. My mood is very erratic, I have no control over it from one minute to the next and it's just not like me at all.... I've gone back to a counselor I used to see years ago to try and work through it. Along with this I've noticed (and its been said to me by others) that I've lost weight. I look after myself well, I eat healthy and go to the gym regularly but I'm doing nothing different than I have for the past several years and suddenly I'm shedding weight that I cant really afford to be shedding.. I'm assuming it's related to my stress but I've made an appointment with my doctor to see what he thinks. I'm starting to worry that it might be something a little more sinister.. all this stress can't be doing good things for my health and I feel like unintentional weight loss is a worrying sign about whats happening inside my body. I don't really know what my reason for writing this is.. I suppose I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

gebaird
    When I had severe anxiety, I lost a lot of weight. I couldn't sleep, had heartburn, and escaped into music and running. Whether you are suffering from anxiety or something else, your body is trying to send you a message. I think it's important for you to understand what it's saying.

Is the load you're carrying simply too heavy? Or is it something about the specific work you are doing that is causing your stress and anxiety?

How much longer does this program last? Can you slow down the pace? Is this an emotional reaction to working with sick children?

I hope you can figure out what's going on and find your way back to peace and health.

conficoach

I would suggest you find a hobby that makes you happy and focus less on the stress and practice more self love. Watch movies that make you laugh; laughter is a good remedy. Talk to people on the phone and online that make you happy and you'll be surprised how healthy you will feel.

4. Thanks Capricorn3 thanked for this post
Top Threads
Ritalin
Hello...I live in Ontario Canada.. Noe sure if anyone on here is familiar with medical protocol. I have a 24 year old son.. Was diagnosed with CAPD
I keep watching movies and reading books for children, do you think it's normal?
Hey, I turned 21 this summer, I finished my bachelor degree and I can say that I'am at that point in my life where I don't know what I want in life
What do you do to make yourself feel good?
I posted yesterday about a weird situation with a guy I was involved with. Tonight I asked him outright if he was back with his ex, he told me it's
Over eating and stressed
I posted about my father has cancer and is declining. I also recently lost my job because my car broke down. I call friends to talk about anything
Feeling lost, like I don't know myself anymore needs help!
Hi all. I'll try keep this short. I need some help right now I'm feeling so lost. I've went through a lot the past year and a half. I had to

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
The ex that wouldn't go away
I am engaged to the woman of my dreams. After a couple dates I told everyone I was going to marry her. She told her friends the same. My only hang up
Crying
IM A 63 YEAR OLD WOMAN ,and my life has turned upside down. I cry day and night. For some damn reason I'm lost , alone and just cant figure things
SO (girl of 23) doubting our relationship, won't let go of ex
So currently going through a very complicated situation with my SO. I started seeing this girl in November of last year, while she was still with
My friend has no life...No job and currently lives at home. At nearly 30
One of my very good friends has always been the impressionable type. When I encouraged her to have stronger boundaries, to be less passive and to
Ex is getting married
Hi, I went into no contact with my ex around 14 weeks ago. I had decided that there's nothing left for me to do or say that would bring her back to
Friendless and Lonely
Hi all, I've decided to turn to an online forum for advice on a current friendship issue. I want to say thank you in advance to those who take the
Swapping childcare, she stopped responding...
Background: I struggle with intimacy and relationships in general. Coming from abuse and neglect means I've always struggled with trusting others
Ask For Advice