Ask For Advice

Thread: Stress, anxiety and unintentional weight loss

maccerz
    Bronze Member

Stress, anxiety and unintentional weight loss

I'm quite worried about myself at the moment. I am doing a post grad in children's nursing which requires me to work full time in a children's hospital and attend college/ do college assignments and exams. I loved it at the beginning but the deeper I get into the whole thing the more stressed and anxious I become about it all (mainly working in the hospital, it's extremely intense at times). I feel like I'm living in a constant bubble of anxiety at the moment and I can't snap out of it. My mood is very erratic, I have no control over it from one minute to the next and it's just not like me at all.... I've gone back to a counselor I used to see years ago to try and work through it. Along with this I've noticed (and its been said to me by others) that I've lost weight. I look after myself well, I eat healthy and go to the gym regularly but I'm doing nothing different than I have for the past several years and suddenly I'm shedding weight that I cant really afford to be shedding.. I'm assuming it's related to my stress but I've made an appointment with my doctor to see what he thinks. I'm starting to worry that it might be something a little more sinister.. all this stress can't be doing good things for my health and I feel like unintentional weight loss is a worrying sign about whats happening inside my body. I don't really know what my reason for writing this is.. I suppose I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

gebaird
    When I had severe anxiety, I lost a lot of weight. I couldn't sleep, had heartburn, and escaped into music and running. Whether you are suffering from anxiety or something else, your body is trying to send you a message. I think it's important for you to understand what it's saying.

Is the load you're carrying simply too heavy? Or is it something about the specific work you are doing that is causing your stress and anxiety?

How much longer does this program last? Can you slow down the pace? Is this an emotional reaction to working with sick children?

I hope you can figure out what's going on and find your way back to peace and health.

conficoach

I would suggest you find a hobby that makes you happy and focus less on the stress and practice more self love. Watch movies that make you laugh; laughter is a good remedy. Talk to people on the phone and online that make you happy and you'll be surprised how healthy you will feel.

4. Thanks Capricorn3 thanked for this post
Top Threads
Weight gain/working out
I am 5ft 4inches tall before I started working out I weighed 146, now that I'm working out I'm 150 lbs heavier. I am eating right. What the hell is
Am I pregnant?
Okay so I know there are likely no doctors reading this but I just want people's opinions on this. Basically, I'm worried I'm pregnant. Me and my
Working out
I joined a gym a week ago, I haven't worked out in 5 years. I started out on the elite side of the gym using the trx and mx4 small group sessions. I
Is there something seriously wrong w/me?
In the last year and 1/2, dating has been absolute misery. Although my 1st relationship failed, at least it was a normal relationship where both us
Is 10mg Lexapro a too low dosage?
I started taking the 10 mgs around the 1st of this month, I think I was feeling a bit better. I went in for my follow up on (last) Thursday feeling
Twilight anesthesia
If you have dental phobia I HIGHLY recommend this for dental surgery. I have a massive dental phobia and I needed a surgical extraction. I was so so
Any UC/Crohns sufferers out there?
I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis (UC) - a form of Inflammatory Bowel Disease - over 10 years ago. In the majority of that time I have had

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice