Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 32 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Odyssey

Platinum Member

My Odyssey

Here is the final draft.

One happy, passionate, man whose life is wonderful seeks one and only one happy passionate woman who loves her life to bits and wants to share.

My mission here is to meet a friend, a lover, a confidante. A partner to explore life with. Someone to embrace adventure with. A lover and friend to grow old with. A woman to protect from whatever they need protecting from.

Live music and and guitar playing are competing and complementary passions. Talk of alternate tunings is the ultimate pillow talk for me. What is yours? My photography enables the observation of all the stories around us. All the world's a stage. There is beauty all around us, when we choose to pause and search for it.

My preference is to be a traveller, not a tourist.

Running, sometimes marathons gives me immense satisfaction and joy. The endorphin rush is immeasurable. Logging hours in the gym keeps me disciplined and strong. Mentally and physically. I hope to be in this body for some time to come. Getting the most out of it is a priority.

Would love to compete in ballroom dance someday. Itís a stretch goal, starting this late in the game. Easy goals are no fun. Currently dancing a few hours a week. An eclectic mix of latin and ballroom. Thinking of taking some swing classes next. Want to dance?

Correcting people that mix up ďthereĒ and ďtheirĒ doesnít make me smarter. It makes me a bore.

Falling behind in conversations about popular culture is something happens to me often.

The sound of falling rain is the most peaceful and romantic thing in the world. Let's stay in bed and listen.

Do you believe as I do? Honesty without discretion is cruelty. Maintain the dignity of the other person, even if they sometimes donít deserve it. Never say words in anger that can never be taken back. Hold people when they cry, no matter why they are crying. Be kind to everyone, you never know what struggles they have.

Dauntless is my search. We will meet, we will live happily ever after. Iím serious.

Iím funny too. My cat laughs at me all the time.

Platinum Member
    I like it! A bit too much on the references to sex and being in bed for a profile (would work fine once you get to know the woman!)

(and not trying to correct but I'd add "that" before the word "happens" in the line about pop culture.

Really well written, compelling and inspiring! (especially if you leave off the Abe Lincoln quote below lol)

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I like it! A bit too much on the references to sex and being in bed for a profile (would work fine once you get to know the woman!)

(and not trying to correct but I'd add "that" before the word "happens" in the line about pop culture.

Really well written, compelling and inspiring! (especially if you leave off the Abe Lincoln quote below lol)
    Thanks Batya. I was a little concerned about the 'staying in bed line'. Consider it stricken. I agree, "that" does belong.

Really appreciate the input

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=Sportster2005;6745413]Thanks Batya. I was a little concerned about the 'staying in bed line'. Consider it stricken. I agree, "that" does belong.

Really appreciate the input

I really, really like it -when I was dating through on line sites I likely would have responded.

I like it a lot! Agree with Batya on the reference to pillow talk and being in bed. Otherwise, great profile!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by notalady
    I like it a lot! Agree with Batya on the reference to pillow talk and being in bed. Otherwise, great profile!
    Thanks !!!!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I really, really like it -when I was dating through on line sites I likely would have responded.
    I would have been honoured.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Sportster2005
    I would have been honoured.
    LOL I don't think so - I would have been too direct about the marriage/kids thing. Ironically, I stopped dating in 2005 in August of that year but from January-August my on line dating accounts were mighty active/busy. I liked the style of profile you have the best as far as who I was most likely to contact.

My husband had an online dating profile for a short time. And there was one reason I never ran into him on line before we got back together. He listed his primary language as English (true!) but mistakenly listed French only when it came to what he would like a potential date to speak (he speaks some French but of course didn't mean to list it that way!). So we never came up in each other's searches lol. I digress only because it's so easy to make a mistake like that (I once had a match.com account where by mistake I checked off "Mormon" as the only religion I would date --and my religion was not Mormon. A few days later I wondered why I only got viewed by one person and only matched with him in the entire major city I was living in.

Sounds good!

Platinum Member
    Do you want to get married someday? Do you want kids (with a slightly younger woman - to adopt or have bio)?

A woman to protect from whatever they need protecting from.

No. you don't want to attract women who are looking for a rescuer and can't handle their own life.

Talk of alternate tunings is the ultimate pillow talk for me.

How about "the ultimate coffee talk?"

Also, are you employed? Can you say "i work in a creative field" - "i travel a lot with work" - "i work in a profession i feel passionate about". Women want to know you aren't some dude who is a wannabe rock star living in mom's basement. They don't want to know your income, but want to know you are a responsible person.

Page 1 of 32 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice