Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Stuff about stuff and things ...

pippy longstocking

Angel of February is Trust

Inspirational Message

Move from a place of knowing within you rather than as a result of adaptation to outer experience.

Let go of your assumptions and need to control life's creative process.

It does not matter what spiritual path you’re on, an ultimate sense of peace comes down to one question: Can you let go of the need to control your life, and trust there is a benevolent force guiding all that ever has, is, and will happen?

Trust is the soul's way of attuning to the fundamental laws of reality. There is a deep rhythm that moves through all life that cannot be controlled by our will. When trust informs our experience, it allows our psyche to relax and our soul to be at peace with our situation. We can rest in unquestioned confidence that the universe provides, that we have and will receive what we really need. In fact, often beyond what we alone are even capable of imagining.

When we have a lot of 'basic' trust, we are courageous and take risks. We don't suppress our competencies. We engage in life wholeheartedly, doing what feels appropriate with the confidence that it will work out. Life becomes a story of creation not an obstacle course.

Without basic trust, we tend to react to what arises in accordance with our conditioning, wanting our life to go one way or another. We cling to predetermined assumptions and outcomes. We become tense and contracted and do all we can to manipulate the circumstances to fit with our desires.

Here is a suggestion for changing the automatic internal response to external signals. When a traffic light turns yellow and there is a safe distance to stop before it turns red, what do you tend to do? Do you accelerate to 'make it through'? If so, this is a metaphor for what happens inside when our yellow 'worry light' goes off — we accelerate; try harder, move faster, do more; all stress responses to our conditioning. Trust is the ability to stop and wait for the green light to signal the time to move forward again.

Why not, for the month of February, practice putting on the brake when the light is yellow and taking that moment to pause and breathe in the deeper rhythm of life while waiting for the green light to again signal you to go.

Rest and know that all is very, very well - the Light is about to go green ... till then - increase your capacity for loving thoughts and kind actions. We hope the Angels continue to inspire your life.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only when sad. not when i'm afraid or happy. it feels good, which is why i thought i was conjuring up a reassuring presence in my mind. it's a distinct feeling so either i can somatize like crazy or it's real or it's a weird nerve. but i like it in any case. i don't get scary sensations thankfully, because with my anxiety i'd give myself a heart attack if i thought something malicious was in the room.

speaking of, i do remember a time i zoned out when cleaning. my alarm was set for 5 am and i forgot to turn the button off. it was just about to be 5 pm when i heard a calm voice in my head say "the alarm will go off now". the voice interrupted my "zone" gently and i turned the button off before it had given me a fright. no, i do not take my meds buahahaha!

i had a friend who narrated calming visualizations for us to relax. when she spoke, i always felt the air felt like cotton wool, fuzzy and comforting. i didn't feel that if someone else narrated.

voices are fun. i could live with a few extra.

i like the reminder to thank for meals and similar. how many people think to do that?

only when sad. not when i'm afraid or happy. it feels good, which is why i thought i was conjuring up a reassuring presence in my mind. it's a distinct feeling so either i can somatize like crazy or it's real or it's a weird nerve. but i like it in any case. i don't get scary sensations thankfully, because with my anxiety i'd give myself a heart attack if i thought something malicious was in the room.

speaking of, i do remember a time i zoned out when cleaning. my alarm was set for 5 am and i forgot to turn the button off. it was just about to be 5 pm when i heard a calm voice in my head say "the alarm will go off now". the voice interrupted my "zone" gently and i turned the button off before it had given me a fright. no, i do not take my meds buahahaha!

i had a friend who narrated calming visualizations for us to relax. when she spoke, i always felt the air felt like cotton wool, fuzzy and comforting. i didn't feel that if someone else narrated.

voices are fun. i could live with a few extra.

i like the reminder to thank for meals and similar. how many people think to do that?

I feel like we are on the same page with this stuff rainy ... not calling you a crazy stoned hippie lol

I was kinda hoping you wold say , when sad or anxious ..or a negative emotion at least because what you described is a very common thing talked about and is always a form of comfort .

The reason I say we are on the same page is because I also don't want 500 spirits all just appearing in my lounge lol ..I seriously would sh1t my pants , I know I would ... I want it ..but I don't want it and that is the mindset that can cause you more trouble ..we need to be grounded , in control , if we open the door rainy we have to be string enough to act as doorman to keep the bad'uns away !!

what you said about the time ..I love that ...I know quite a few people who use the * please wake me at such a time * as an alarm clock . You hearing a voice telling you is fab haha I have had two outer body experiences in those minutes just before waking up .

Yes the being grateful for food etc .. I do it now and have for a couple of years ..I say thankyou for my home and that I have heating , running water , food etc etc ...but years ago it wouldn't have entered my head at all .

The Secret Scrolls

"You cannot bring what you want to you if you are feeling stress. Stress or any tension at all is something you have to remove from your system.

You must let the stress go – it is the only way you can bring what you want. The emotion of stress is saying strongly that you do NOT have what you want. Stress or tension is the absence of faith, and so to remove it all you have to do is increase your faith!"

A New Message From VERONICA

Your Best Advantage

"As everyone knows, physical reality has the ability to be quite a challenge. The denseness of energy often derails the best of intentions. It doesn't matter what your soul experience is. The fact of a chaotic environment is difficult.

The perspective needed to navigate requires a great focus. Even the most minor distraction can leave one breathless and uneasy. So the question for most is how to survive and succeed: In a disruptive environment.

The expected answer would include digging deep inside for the strength or to be still amidst all the noise. Yes, all of that is helpful, however, the real defense is to truly know yourself. A honest assessment of one's strengths and weaknesses is always the best approach.

Naturally one would aspire to be more focused upon strength. The current culture advises to be strong everyday. Pushing that energy forward seems like a good idea. We would advise, however, to be also very aware of the weaknesses within. Often they tend to lurk under the ability to navigate life.

Perhaps decide to examine both ends of the spectrum. Define your weaknesses as well as your strengths. Realize that they both create your experience. This can bring forth a true knowing of the self. By just giving attention to one or the other, there is no opportunity to use your total energy to move through the reality.

Your best advantage in a chaotic world is to be in total conversation with your full self. Use both perspectives to find stability. You may find that a perceived weakness within the self is merely a wound that never healed. Or, that a strength you are proud of was actually fueled by an earlier weakness.

Be the calm within the chaos. Let all parts of yourself guide you through the day.

Make a choice now.

Be not judgemental of the totality of you.

Everything about you.....

Strong......

Weak.....

Both as aspects can guide you through a disruptive reality.

Everything about you....

..... is balance.

Use all of it to go forth.

You can."

hugs pippy. it was my mum's heaven birthday too recently. your thread on your mum helped me, i was feeling super low.

i don't have a number that keeps popping up but i am enjoying these posts. it's the only thread i want to read today.

aww darling you sound down in the dumps . Sending my love up to heaven to your mum too . Isn't it awful , I feel like an orphan ... when you are young you don't think you will get to 50 and feel like a child , still need your mum , but you do .... I dunno , I sometimes think being single takes its toll ...in the way that , with a partner , someone who loves and cares about you , there is someone to be with you , you know someone cares , someone loves you ...

I remember at the hospital when she had the big stroke and we where told to get everyone in to say goodbye . I was at one side of the bed and my brother and his now wife was at the other side ....I just happened to look over as my SIL grabbed my brothers hand and squeezed it ... I think I really understood right there and then what loneliness feels like ... During this time myself and my ex where in touch via email ..and I guess I believed somewhere in my head that this may be the road back to *us* , I thought it would be a long long long road , but under the circumstances I was fine with that . Sadly he dropped me on the day of her funeral and I have never known why ... I came back to the city I live in afterwards not knowing I would never hear from him ... It was very dark rainy ..you know .. I got hacked on my email account and thought this was why I didnt hear anything or he hadn't got my emails ..it took a few weeks before it started to sink in that he had dropped me . For a long time I would be searching the obituaries in his home town because I was sooooooo worried something had happened ..it all affects you in the end ..the loss and the loss and the loss and the wondering ...

Anway , I am having my afternoon marley and thinking about finishing a unit I started painting ...haha living it large

A Secret Scrolls message

Creator of The Secret

From The Secret Daily Teachings

If you find yourself in a negative situation with someone in your life, take a few minutes each day to feel love within your heart for that person, and then send it out into the Universe. Just doing this one thing helps to remove any resentment, anger, or negativity towards that person.

Remember that feeling resentment, anger, or any negative emotion attracts it back to you. Feeling love attracts love back to you. What you are feeling for another, you are bringing to you.

Send it out into the Universe

May the joy be with you

that is the worst.

my then partner chose that time to be spoiled and demanding and egocentric. when i knew she was dying that night and immediately went to see her he gave me hell because, in his words,i shouldn't be spending the evening with her, he is a victim here, as he needs to spend the evening alone on the couch. i kid you not. when i called him later that evening to tell him she died he said "um. eff it huh. listen, i'm hungry and sleepy, talk to you tomorrow". they are gems.

going through it completely alone is scary as f. yeah, orphan- that's it! i thought that was just me, i remember thinking how can i feel like an orphan, i'm an adult.

i wish you'd had someone reliable at the time.

i can imagine all our mums up there laughing having a good time together. i always let mine know when someone is on their way up there so she can greet them.

do you talk to your mum, or feel her presence? i once dreamt mine was happy and healthy, sitting next to me and wondering if i can see her. i don't want to nag her, i feel like they should not be disturbed, but i try to talk to her. maybe it's a way to transition to living without them.

"When you find that burning desire to be or do something, you've found a powerful force that can cut through seemingly impossible circumstances and limitations."
i love that. passion is invincible.

eta: omg sorry pipp luv i keep rambling on here. you make people feel so comfortable.

Archived