Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hobbit hole or Hobbit hell

journeynow
    Ugh, with all his moves my guess is he's on a slippery slope, not only with you, and can't make good on anything he owes or needs to fix. If he's posting a picture of your place on his facebook page, include a link in the comments to your youtube video. Or complain to Facebook about the image? I don't know. I'm so sorry you are having this to deal with. You try to create something special with someone else's help, and it backfires. Here in the US each state has a consumer's advocacy department, or Better Business Bureau, that you can file reports with to at least alert other consumers, but perhaps to get help going after a bad business. Do you have anything like that there?

journeynow
    Quote Originally Posted by pippy longstocking [Register to see the link]
    if any of you are on facebook I am happy to pm you the link to his page .....I looked today and if you scroll down to july 2015 I am there , he is still using me to advertise .
    Yes, please do!

pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member pippy longstocking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by journeynow [Register to see the link]
    Ugh, with all his moves my guess is he's on a slippery slope, not only with you, and can't make good on anything he owes or needs to fix. If he's posting a picture of your place on his facebook page, include a link in the comments to your youtube video. Or complain to Facebook about the image? I don't know. I'm so sorry you are having this to deal with. You try to create something special with someone else's help, and it backfires. Here in the US each state has a consumer's advocacy department, or Better Business Bureau, that you can file reports with to at least alert other consumers, but perhaps to get help going after a bad business. Do you have anything like that there?
    I did it all through the trading standards branch of the citizens advice , so it has all been done legally and above board , this is why it has taken so long , because there are set rules of how many days you give someone before the next stage and so on .... I is frustrating because it is dangerous and without an address for him , no one can do anything ... I even thought of ringing the police haha I mean it is not a criminal case I know that , but I am getting desperate .

reinventmyself
    I learned this lesson the hard way. Evicted a non paying tenant and she trashed the house, broke windows and punched holes in the walls.

Went to court. Judgment in our favor. Vindicated, right!?

Hardly. It was up to us to chase her down and get the monthly payments mandated by the court.

Joke was on us. If she wouldn't pay rent to begin why we were na´ve to think she'd pay the monthly restitution?

Besides he's pretty much shown you where his soft spot is by the veiled threat. I say go for it.

5. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    ~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Awwww honey bunches. Makes me angry for you!

7. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    pippy longstocking
    Quote Originally Posted by reinventmyself [Register to see the link]
    I learned this lesson the hard way. Evicted a non paying tenant and she trashed the house, broke windows and punched holes in the walls.

Went to court. Judgment in our favor. Vindicated, right!?

Hardly. It was up to us to chase her down and get the monthly payments mandated by the court.

Joke was on us. If she wouldn't pay rent to begin why we were na´ve to think she'd pay the monthly restitution?

Besides he's pretty much shown you where his soft spot is by the veiled threat. I say go for it.
    ohhh darling that's disgusting and there are a lot of shows on right now in the uk highlighting this very thing ..the poor landlords like you , spending a fortune to repair the damage to then chase them to then get a pittance every month . The more I am writing and talking about it the more I am getting myself geared up to go as public as I can to get him brought to justice .

pippy longstocking
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~ [Register to see the link]
    Awwww honey bunches. Makes me angry for you!
    aww my dad used to call me honey bunch xxxx thanks darling

RainyCoast
    I don't know how you handle this Pipps, but i sure would "advertise" his work. I'm sorry luv. That could have been a great summerhouse for you and Em.

11. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    pippy longstocking
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyCoast [Register to see the link]
    I don't know how you handle this Pipps, but i sure would "advertise" his work. I'm sorry luv. That could have been a great summerhouse for you and Em.
    A few weeks ago I went to the doctors clutching my heart lol I thought I was having a heart attack ..hahah I am laughing , but at the time I thought no way is this anxiety this is the real deal ... this was after I received a letter off the bailiff saying the first address was wrong .... anyway it was a panic attack ...haha arghhhh how I wish I had just ordered from a big company off ebay !! hindsight eh

HeartGoesOn
    Oh my Miss Pipps, I certainly hope you get this sorted out soon.

Simply fab! xxx

14. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
comprehension problems
- I am 24 years old, physically healthy for the most part. I have a hard time keeping track of my finances, problems picking up on social cues and
Something wrong with my upper GI tract
I have been having problems with my GI tract and they have gotten worse. My GI doctor doesn't listen and writes me off as simply constipated. So I
Sex Headache
This happened to me several years ago(about 4)but it hadn't since then, so I just chalked it up to a weird body anomaly, but it's kind of scary. So
Where to go to recuperate?
Hey there, I'm reeling after a psychotic episode. I've lost contact with anyone who can support me. I'm not in a supportive environment- I'm in

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
I dont like my girlfriends new piercing
So my girlfriend went and got nipple piercings knowing that i didnt like them and didnt tell me she was gonna get them. They are a really big turn
What I am to her ?
hey guys I want some counseling .. I met a girl online .. At first she said that she doesn't wanna fall for me and we will be just friends .. I said
I want my family back
Hi, I was dumped on New Years Eve by my ex girlfriend of 8 years whom I have a 6 year old with. We have been arguing for the past few months prior to
Anxious and depressed about being 32 yo and not married
I could really use some kind and encouraging words right now because I wake up every morning to an intense feeling of pain because I am alone. I'm 32
Ex (dumper) delays giving keys back. Why?
First time poster. Been viewing threads somewhat regularly for a few months now and figured I'd get a few opinions. I'll give a little of the
Ask For Advice