Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hobbit hole or Hobbit hell

Matt3939
    Platinum Member
    I agree with coily. My ex had some work done while we were on break and got had. It was a mess his license was thru his wife's name ect. Im not sure if she ever got anything out of it. There were lawyers involved she had a friend. I think the video speaks for itself. He had no clue. It's not even like he could make that right and he knows it. Good luck

2. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3939 [Register to see the link]
    I agree with coily. My ex had some work done while we were on break and got had. It was a mess his license was thru his wife's name ect. Im not sure if she ever got anything out of it. There were lawyers involved she had a friend. I think the video speaks for itself. He had no clue. It's not even like he could make that right and he knows it. Good luck
    I honestly think he was out of his depth ... he does lovely beds and smaller stuff , he had no clue as you all have said and took short cuts with cheaper wood ..the roof is flat so he didnt take into account the rain needs to flow down !! It is like he is just too stubborn to admit that this time ..he messed up . He knows I suffer with anxiety and sh1t and he also knows money is hard to come by , I believe he thought I would crack before I saw it through ..I ought to sue his ass after this for the stress he has caused me .
    Thanks matt

journeynow
    Makes me anxious, too, watching it and thinking about it, and if I can give any advice. I don't know what to say.

5. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    DancingFool
    Quote Originally Posted by pippy longstocking [Register to see the link]
    he has threatened me with legal action if I damn him publicy ..it is making me panic a bit ...infact the whole thing is making me ill .. it is not like I can shut if from my mind haha it is 10ft by 8ft and on stilts bang in the middle of my garden .
    Oh yea? When it's true, you are free to damn him as loudly and as publicly as you want.

7. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    Cheetarah
    Platinum Member
    What, threaten you for what? Calling him out for providing sheet service and goods? Everyone is entitled to do that, that's why we have review sites.

That is terrible! If it was done right it would be so lovely.

9. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    reinventmyself
    Yikes.

I don't know what recourse you have in your country but in the US you end up spending more chasing them down
    then you'll ever get in return if you are vindicated.

Contractors bet on this.

I would smear his reputation. Threaten you with what exactly?
    Just tell the truth. There is no disputing this is horrible work.

11. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    Coily
    No need to smear with facts like this. Just post this video, or a similar one talking about the problems with out saying "this guy is a piece of dirt." (Though he is in my opinion).

Or even better get your carpenter friend's report posted up with the pictures. Though not by name.

All hinges on whether or not the courts come through for you.

13. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    journeynow
    It's now a hazard in your yard? If you can't get him to repair it, maybe the least he could do is remove it and restore the site at no cost to you? It's crazy that he's threatening you if you share the truth about his work.

15. Thanks pippy longstocking thanked for this post
    pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    I do agree with you all ..as long as I stick to the facts and don't damn the rest of his work , as said , the hobbit hole speaks for itself , then I should be safe to *out* him all over social media ..I guess I just wanted it resolved before I rocked the boat .

It has been to court and I won .......... he still did not respond , so I had to pay the bailiffs to go to his home ...they contacted me to say he doesn't live at the address provided ...however he wont be able to claim he didn't know any of this because the court mediation team ( that I had to pay for ) used his work mobile and his email address ( both of which he still uses ) to contact him and try and sort it before it went to court ..they told him he would be responsible for the costs I have laid out etc etc and to please sort this out ..he ignored them .

I then paid for a service here in the UK called 192 ...and that gave me access to more details and sure enough the address I had used he left in 2013 , so I tried his wife and she was registered for the electoral register for 2015/16 ( this was about last November ) so I re paid the bailiffs and had the warrant re issued to the new address I found . I heard from the bailiffs a few days ago saying that wasn't his address either ..ARGHHHHHHH the money and worry this is costing and causing ..the man is a pig .

So here I am ..stuck ...because I can't find the right address .

since I wrote this , I have been in contact with yet another organisation who run a * no find no fee * policy ..so I have passed on everything I know to them now and god willing they will find his address and I will have to pay yet again to get the bailiffs out .

I tell you what hurts ...emily is nearly 18 , she was 15 when all this started and it was sleepovers and BBQ'S and me and her to have these last couple of years before she goes off to uni .....she is nearly 18 now and will leave this year to go out into the world and live her life ...his kids are still babies ... she is all I have and all I wanted was our summer house and he has taken it away from us . I am very much struggling to keep myself together over it all .

if any of you are on facebook I am happy to pm you the link to his page .....I looked today and if you scroll down to july 2015 I am there , he is still using me to advertise .

pippy longstocking
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by journeynow [Register to see the link]
    It's now a hazard in your yard? If you can't get him to repair it, maybe the least he could do is remove it and restore the site at no cost to you? It's crazy that he's threatening you if you share the truth about his work.
    the friend I mentioned who is a carpenter who did the report has condemned it ....and still it seems he can't be made to do anything until I have his address .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
Feeling conflicted about this man
So there's this guy I used to talk to. Long story short it did not end well. The last thing he told me was "we do not need to speak" (which I thought
Knee problems
I've never had this occur before but for the past couple days my knee hurts something awful when I try to bend it. It's pretty stiff at other times
Mirena coil / "womb cancer"
I've had a Mirena coil fitted for 2 years and have suffered negative side effects ever since day 1. It just never really settled. I then had
Day after neck disc replacement
Yesterday I had surgery or a herniated disc in my neck. I was up and walking right afterward.. Meaning I walked to the bathroom. So this is my
T2 Diabetes
I am a T2 diabetic and am looking for others who are also T2 diabetics to chat with with and exchange tips with.

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I love you, but I'm not in love with you.
So my fiancÚ of 7.5 years has decided she isn't in love with me anymore so has broken up with me. Our situation is very complicated we have a 2.5
How far should I go with unfriending/blocking on social media?
Hi all, I'm going hard no contact. She originally unfriended me on Snap and Twitter. I recently unfriended her on FB and IG. I also went a step
missing atm
I think what I miss at the moment is having a friend to talk to like we used to. She became the only person I really talked to for the better part
Mum boyfriend inapropriate
Hi everyone, thought i would share an update on whats happened so far. Thankyou all for helping me out yesterday, everything you all said was really
Girlfriend always mad at me
Me and my girlfriend have been togetehr for almost a year. I love her more than anything and i know shes not cheating on me or anything like that
I [F/26] found underwear in my boyfriend's [M/30] pocket.
I've been with my boyfriend for over a year. Recently, my boyfriend asked me to look for some money, so I looked everywhere and I couldn't find it. I
Ex gf text me out of the blue
I guess I just want some feedback and honest replies as my head is completely gone again. Me and my ex gf have been in no contact for a few months
Ask For Advice