Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Behaviour vs. Clueless, How to Tell the Difference….

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Maybe for when you meet the next guy, it might be better just to talk about things instead of test him - that way you can figure out if he just has a different way of going about things that's not really tied to his personality and is open for compromise/didn't know he came off that way.

I didn't realize i eat fast. I could have been dumped for it, but my guy asked about it in a loving way.

I am glad you ended it if you don't respect him, because your resentment would just get worse.
    Contextually, this has been an on-going issue with Naomi and this dude.

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    I didn't realize i eat fast. I could have been dumped for it, but my guy asked about it in a loving way.
    I'm sure if you finished your meal before everyone else did, you don't then reach across the table for your boyfriend's plate and pick at his meal when he's still eating.
    And the issue with that is I have told him multiple times before, "PLEASE do not pick off MY plate." Numerous times. When I winced at him picking at my plate, he started laughing and said to my friends, "She hates it when I eat off her plate."

Not funny.

Now you know why he stayed with his exes when travelling. He sees everyone as a sort of bed-n-breakfast-with-benefits.

Sounds like he thought of himself as a guest not a co-host.

This ran it's course now that the infatuation and adventure wore off and the incompatibilities emerged.
    Originally Posted by Naomi99
    really turned me off sexually and emotionally. broke up with him.

This wasn't an expensive party per se.….and it was his idea, not mine. he originally wanted to have a dinner party and I was the one who said no, it's too much work. Dessert only. It's just what it costs where I live. The cake alone was $30.

And you have NO idea how much he depleted items in my fridge and ransacked my cabinets for two months straight. So taking a stick of butter and a beer, wow. Not classy at all.
    OK, fair enough that it was his idea. Then he definitely should have helped pay, I agree. But I would advise that with future boyfriends get out of the habit of "testing" them. Just try to discuss your expectations, ask for what you want, and, if you don't like what someone did or is doing, just discuss it with him. It sounds instead like you just watch, judge, and let resentment grow.

As far as taking a beer and a stick of butter, dumpees are allowed to be petty. That's just how it is.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Now you know why he stayed with his exes when travelling. He sees everyone as a sort of bed-n-breakfast-with-benefits.

Sounds like he thought of himself as a guest not a co-host.

This ran it's course now that the infatuation and adventure wore off and the incompatibilities emerged.
    WOW you have a great memory.

Ugh..I just got a text from him saying he's sad.

I'm dying to respond, "Of course, you're sad. I'd be sad if I lost access to unlimited amounts of coffee and endless fruit and cheese and toast and eggs, too."

Not sure what to do.

Platinum Member
    Is that where she asked everyone to help her bake a pie, and no one wanted to help her. Then when it was ready, they all wanted a piece and she said, "Go F- yourselves?"
    Yeah. The only difference being, in the story they got a second chance, and did the right thing. I assume this was a case where you have already given chances.

Honestly though, I hope you told him exactly why you broke up with him. Does he know what you thought about this whole affair?

Platinum Member
    I'm sorry but I had to laugh at the gross fingers part. I really don't care to much about physical. Just made me remember I got mad at this 1 girl. I found myself looking at her and concentrating on her ears.

text: The naomi bed-n-breakfast-with-benefits is going out of business.
    I just got a text from him saying he's sad.Not sure what to do.

Originally Posted by Ms Darcy
    Contextually, this has been an on-going issue with Naomi and this dude.
    Agreed
    It wasn't just this occasion but an over all pattern of financial one-sidedness.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice