Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manliputive Ex Partner

abitbroken
    Platinum Member
    I've never let my children down but I feel my boy has really let me down with false hope once again.

He wants to be with his mom - maybe get one on one attention from her rather than spending every weekend with his dad's girlfriends kids, and his two other siblings. Some kids go through periods of wanting to be one on one instead of getting lost in the shuffle of 5. I don't think you should force him to stay overnight. Maybe its best to some weekends do things one one one with ONE of your children, and then the OTHER - away from girlfriend, her kids, and the other siblings. Also, have you ever done something with your two kids and the new baby to solidify their relationship as siblings?

Also, why not move closer to your kids? Be a part of their daily life instead of shuttling them around?

Maybe mom is manipulating him, but maybe its time to go to family counseling instead, or going one on one to visit your child?

abitbroken
    Platinum Member
    Also, please ask the children you live with to not make it emotional when the boy comes and goes. Its way more uncomfortable for him and if your ex is playing a game, so are all of you. Tell them that when he goes, they should go about their games and make the goodbye less emotional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Top Threads
Bad grades; Children OR parent's fault??
**This is just a general question btw*** Personally, I say YES, providing the child is under 15, I believe that children that age ARE NOT MATURE
My parents died in a car accident when I was 14 – my grandparents refused to take me in ‘cause I’m m
My parents died in a car accident when I was 10. My father was black, and my mom was white. My dad grew up an orphan, so I was unable to be taken in
Overly-conservative parents + coping with bullying
I'm 19 and I am about to leave for university in a week. I just got into a major fight with my mother about something so stupidly irrelevant to this
Is it Weird? Hope not ...
I met my gf's family this past week. All went well, they visited from out of town and said that can't wait for us to go visit them in their house
How can I make my mom see a doctor?
Hi all, I'm a bit desperate and seeking all the advice I can get. My mom has been quite sick lately, to the point where she doesn't go to work
Well i was expecting to have a nice weekend with the family out of town but.....
It didnt turn out that way:( We travel to busch gardens for the weekend in VA and things was great on Friday when we arrived and all day Saturday
Hard forgiving people who gave birth to me
Hi there, I'm 22 years old I have been going through a lot. I don't know where to start at all since I'm writing this. When I was growing up I

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice