Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manliputive Ex Partner

abitbroken
    Platinum Member
    I've never let my children down but I feel my boy has really let me down with false hope once again.

He wants to be with his mom - maybe get one on one attention from her rather than spending every weekend with his dad's girlfriends kids, and his two other siblings. Some kids go through periods of wanting to be one on one instead of getting lost in the shuffle of 5. I don't think you should force him to stay overnight. Maybe its best to some weekends do things one one one with ONE of your children, and then the OTHER - away from girlfriend, her kids, and the other siblings. Also, have you ever done something with your two kids and the new baby to solidify their relationship as siblings?

Also, why not move closer to your kids? Be a part of their daily life instead of shuttling them around?

Maybe mom is manipulating him, but maybe its time to go to family counseling instead, or going one on one to visit your child?

abitbroken
    Platinum Member
    Also, please ask the children you live with to not make it emotional when the boy comes and goes. Its way more uncomfortable for him and if your ex is playing a game, so are all of you. Tell them that when he goes, they should go about their games and make the goodbye less emotional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Top Threads
My BF won't follow custody agreement with ex
We are a middle aged couple both divorced & parents of pre- & teenagers. My BF & his ex have week on, week off custody. I have my children M-F, my ex
boyfriends family
my partner and i have been together for years and live in a beautiful studio. his family came out to visit, mom, her husband and his brother. but its
Illegal affairs of my own mother and father and gods gift of new relation
Hii guys I am 20 i just love my mom soo much when I am in 8th class i just from then her illegal affairs(not with one guy uncountable) started as I
New parents
Me and my boyfriend have been arguing since I was pregnant with my now 4 month old daughter... I'm a strict mom... I don't want him or his family
Am I a codependent to my mom ?
I love my mom. I consider her my best friend. I'm 24 and she's 52. Three years ago she was laid off from her job of 15 years. She also suffered from
Was it my fault?
For almost the passed 10 years, my family was constantly fighting. We are a family of four so when two parties fought it was likely that the whole
What should I do? Hard time making a decision. Long post!
I need some advice here... I am in my mid-20s and live with my younger sister Megan who is in her early-20s. We live in a house with our long-term

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Completely Confused? What does this mean?
Hi All- I was dating a guy for almost a year. We had a pretty great relationship- Things got serious. We told each other we loved each other. Even
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
Not a regular here, I have a few questions...
I'll try to make this brief. Been in a relationship (23F) with a man (35) for 5 years. Typical in the beginning, though I always wondered how he
Weed or Me
Hi, I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months - he is 31 and I am 24. He has recently started smoking weed every night and I don't really
Is He Hiding from Me?
Hi All, Need some advice from those that are familiar with social media apps such as Instagram.. I'v been friends with this guy for about a
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
I broke hard NC after 7 months (B I G M I S T A K E)
No surprise, I'm absolutely devastated. She pretty much blew me off like I was a piece of trash. At first I was happy because she actually responded
Ask For Advice