Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do i catchout a liar

Saddays33

How do i catchout a liar

Hi
    I have a sibling who has a marital partner who is making lies about me & my parents.
    Has been systematically trying to destroy the whole family relationship through manipulation & emotional blackmail against my sibling.
    I want to catchout my inlaw in a secretly recorded conversation where i can lightly touch on issues, knowing that they will likely relay to my sibling about what conversation actually took place with twisted lies, to try and further detatch my sibling from our family.
    Thus having evidence to pass to my sibling for a reality check....
    Any suggestions on how i converse with this evil inlaw and get them to 'trip up' so to speak

Wiseman2
    Is she in an abusive relationship? You need to talk to her, not her husband. Support her, butt out of their marriage.

Stop playing detective and stirring the pot for drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddays33 [Register to see the link]
    I have a sibling who has a marital partner who is making lies about me & my parents. I want to catchout my inlaw in a secretly recorded conversation where i can lightly touch on issues

jennylove
    Platinum Member
    That in itself is pretty manipulative. I say just let it go, sit back and watch him screw up his own shiot show.

4. Thanks RainyCoast, zeino thanked for this post
    nutbrownhare
    Platinum Member
    Yes, express your concerns openly and honestly to him/her, rather than being manipulative and deceitful. Otherwise you're no better than the person you want to entrap.

6. Thanks zeino thanked for this post
    Saddays33

Its not a he, its a she.
    I plan to purely strike up conversation with her asking if i can play peacemaker or similar not about their marriage but with them both treating his/my parents like dirt.
    I expect my offer to help will b twisted into me having threatened her or harrassed her.
    I don't want to get involved but my parents have done nothing to dessrve such treatment & they're ❤️ broken

zeino
    Silver Member
    Maybe because you haven't shared any examples or explanations but just quite harsh judgments, I kind of get the impression that your family may be a difficult itself. Your parents are adults, they can (at least in your perspective) get out of the victim mode (if they are not incapacitated in any sense) and the whole family can try to communicate openly to find out what is going on (not just from your family's perspective, but from everyone's). At the moment, from what you have written, you sound like a family everyone should be scared of. Maybe this is not the case and you are unintentionally representing the situation in a way that is unfair to your own family. Would you be interested in sharing details about how this started, what solutions you tried and what you could have done better maybe?

9. Thanks RainyCoast thanked for this post
  10. 01-26-2017, 07:37 PM
    Reason
    Disrespectful

Wiseman2
    Agree, stay out of it. How old are you? What do you have against her? You sibling seems fine with her. If your family or your sibling wanted to do anything about it they would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddays33 [Register to see the link]
    I expect my offer to help will b twisted into me having threatened her or harrassed her.

RainyCoast
    scary ****.

13. Thanks Wiseman2 thanked for this post
    Wiseman2
    What are the weird symbols? 🎤 🚶. Do you think it's a troll post?
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyCoast [Register to see the link]
    scary ****.

boltnrun
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman2 [Register to see the link]
    What are the weird symbols? 🎤 🚶. Do you think it's a troll post?
    I think it's some kind of pic or icon or something that is disallowed on this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
dilemma over inviting sisters partner to wedding
Hi everyone Just seeking some advice hopefully which will be free of judgement. I am in a really difficult situation. My sister is a lesbian and
Overly-conservative parents + coping with bullying
I'm 19 and I am about to leave for university in a week. I just got into a major fight with my mother about something so stupidly irrelevant to this
How can I make my mom see a doctor?
Hi all, I'm a bit desperate and seeking all the advice I can get. My mom has been quite sick lately, to the point where she doesn't go to work
Well i was expecting to have a nice weekend with the family out of town but.....
It didnt turn out that way:( We travel to busch gardens for the weekend in VA and things was great on Friday when we arrived and all day Saturday
Hard forgiving people who gave birth to me
Hi there, I'm 22 years old I have been going through a lot. I don't know where to start at all since I'm writing this. When I was growing up I

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice