How do i catchout a liar

Saddays33

Hi

I have a sibling who has a marital partner who is making lies about me & my parents.

Has been systematically trying to destroy the whole family relationship through manipulation & emotional blackmail against my sibling.

I want to catchout my inlaw in a secretly recorded conversation where i can lightly touch on issues, knowing that they will likely relay to my sibling about what conversation actually took place with twisted lies, to try and further detatch my sibling from our family.

Thus having evidence to pass to my sibling for a reality check....

Any suggestions on how i converse with this evil inlaw and get them to 'trip up' so to speak

Is she in an abusive relationship? You need to talk to her, not her husband. Support her, butt out of their marriage.

Stop playing detective and stirring the pot for drama.

I have a sibling who has a marital partner who is making lies about me & my parents. I want to catchout my inlaw in a secretly recorded conversation where i can lightly touch on issues

Its not a he, its a she.

I plan to purely strike up conversation with her asking if i can play peacemaker or similar not about their marriage but with them both treating his/my parents like dirt.

I expect my offer to help will b twisted into me having threatened her or harrassed her.

I don't want to get involved but my parents have done nothing to dessrve such treatment & they're ❤️ broken

Maybe because you haven't shared any examples or explanations but just quite harsh judgments, I kind of get the impression that your family may be a difficult itself. Your parents are adults, they can (at least in your perspective) get out of the victim mode (if they are not incapacitated in any sense) and the whole family can try to communicate openly to find out what is going on (not just from your family's perspective, but from everyone's). At the moment, from what you have written, you sound like a family everyone should be scared of. Maybe this is not the case and you are unintentionally representing the situation in a way that is unfair to your own family. Would you be interested in sharing details about how this started, what solutions you tried and what you could have done better maybe?

Archived