Please tell me I'm crazy

MaybeAnOops

My boyfriend had a vasectomy about 5 years ago, before I met him. he assures me he had the follow up testing, etc.

but I'm having weird signs that lead me to believe I might be pregnant.

1) since last summer, my period has been like a day or 2 earlier each month. In January it was 6 days earlier than december. I normally only have a 3-4 day period, heavy the first day or so. but this one was weird. it came on right after sex. I'd had no warning I would be starting. It was a little heavier than normal after sex bleeding, but not as heavy as my typical periods and it barely lasted 3 days.

2) sore boobs. and not just tender, but sometimes pain shooting through.

3) acne. I normally have great skin and only get a whitehead after a few days in a row of wearing makeup, but I've not been wearing any lately. I had one pop up last week, another yesterday.

4) waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I am normally a sleep through the night person more often than not. but the past week or so, I get up in the middle of the night and usually again about an hour before my alarm goes off.

5) cramps. I remember when I was pregnant with my son, always thinking my period was on its way because I'd have cramps, but nothing. I normally DO NOT get cramps until just before or right as my period starts. I'm like at least 7 days away going by the date of my last "period".

6) back pain. my lower back and hips hurt the last couple of days. I work in an office and sit a lot, but it's really been bothering me today and yesterday.

7) very tired. but at first I wrote it off as staying up too late.

since I'm still a week away from my period, if I tested now, it would probably be too early, right?

Make an appt with your physician. These things could be anything, including something medical you need to address.

My boyfriend had a vasectomy about 5 years ago. lead me to believe I might be pregnant.It was a little heavier than normal after sex bleeding. sore boobs. acne. waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. cramps. back pain. very tired.

Things can happen. Not that they are incredibly common . One of my very good friends had her tubes tied and 10 years later she had a set of twins . Mind you the doctor who did her surgery was intoxicated at the time . I would say in a week take a test . It could very well be nothing .

normal after sex bleeding
what NORMAL after sex bleeding? do you mean you regularly bleed after intercourse?

your problems may be hormonal or related to structural changes in the reproductive system/lower abdomen.

do you have autoimmune issues/systemic infections/ chronic fatigue or similar? sometimes they disturb a particularly fickle hormonal constitution enough to feel like you're on the worst pms ever---for a month.

you mean you are a week away from the next period? have you considered really bad pms?

you do need to see a doctor.

some pregnancy tests are sensitive enough to be used prior to a missed period. i don't know when the intercourse you suspect lead to pregnancy happened, but 7 to 10 days after implementation there is enough hcg to be detected if pregnant.

I also forgot one more thing, went to dinner with friends the other night. this is what actually tipped me off there could be a problem...I had ordered a margarita. I drank it, ate dinner, was fine, had the rest of it after eating, and felt incredibly nauseous. Now, it could be the alcohol, but I had quite a bit of tequila on NYE too and it never made me feel sick to my stomach.

It sucks having to wait a week to test. I know I'm going to freak out and stress which could delay my period and freak me out more.

since I'm still a week away from my period, if I tested now, it would probably be too early, right?

I agree with @wiseman, you should see a doctor! There are other medical concerns than just being pregnant. You may or may not be pregnant but it's best to get check up, just in case. (for other medical concerns)

during the holidays
unless they have holidays in the states i'm unaware of, those were quite a while ago. 7-10 days after the fact is enough for an otc test to detect. false positives are rare and indicate a defective test. why not take the test. if it's positive you'll know, almost without a doubt and schedule an appointment.

i suspect this is a medical issue though.

unless you guys go at it like you're at war, you shouldn't be bleeding after sex. this too indicates a medical problem.

do you have autoimmune issues/systemic infections/ chronic fatigue or similar? sometimes they disturb a particularly fickle hormonal constitution enough to feel like you're on the worst pms ever---for a month.

you mean you are a week away from the next period? have you considered really bad pms?

It's just so different than PMS. I never get sore boobs, and the cramps are happening well before what I consider normal for my cycle.

I do have a thyroid disorder. I was born without one and I'm on complete synthetic replacement. so I'm familiar with hormonal changes that I can experience. it's just all different.

I guess I should call my doctor and try to get in.

Never trust a man that has said he has had a vasectomy just on word, just the same as not trusting just a woman being on the pill as pregnancy protection. He may be lying or it might not have took. Unless he agreed to have a test early in the relationship to verify that there are no swimmers, you still need to use protection. You probably have a different medical problem and are not pregnant, but if you are not, then use this scare as a reason to ask him to get checked out.

Archived