hsienko

I just really needed to vent this to someone. I had posted here a few months ago about my dad.

Tonight, I had have him Baker acted because he went completed off the rails. From what I can see was mixing sleeping pills with hard alcohol (found empty pill bottle in trash), for something reason he never passed out like a normal person would and instead started acting extremely erratic and agitated to the point where I fear for my moms safety and my own, had to call 911, the cops came, initially they just talked to him and tried to call him down and we're going to leave it at that but it got to point where they decided to commit him.

I guess the reason I'm really posting is because I kind of feel alone in this situation. I know he's going to be mad but I'm also worried since his health situation is terminal that he has become suicidal because he did the same thing a few months ago, we couldn't wake him up so we had to call 911. I'm the youngest of three large extended family, I'm only 25 and it angers me that I'm the only person who has stepped up to help with the situation. I had previously reached out and tried to make everyone in the family like his siblings and make them aware of the situation so I didn't have to shoulder the burden myself, and all I got was a bunch of false reassurance that they would help more.

When I was trying to reach out tonight while this was happening, no one was taking my calls except my brother. I probably called my sister like 7 times and 5 hours later she still hasn't returned my call. I know she's at home watching TV. Like who does that? It was clearly an emergency and she couldn't even be bothered she has a habit of this to the point where my moms not even on speaking terms with her anymore. To top it off, My cousin also told me a few weeks ago that her and her husband going around talk trash about me. Why do people pretend to be there for someone and then when you need them, they're not?

Anyways thanks for reading I feel better now having vented this to other people rather than just writing about it in my journal. I just needed to feel heard.

Sorry this is happening to you. You were smart to call 911. That was the best decision for all of you.

Do you live at home? You are in way over your head and need more help than any family can offer.

Go to Al-Anon to get support and info for yourself. I fear for my moms safety and my own, had to call 911, the cops came, initially they just talked to him and tried to call him down and we're going to leave it at that but it got to point where they decided to commit him.

I'm only 25 and it angers me that I'm the only person who has stepped up to help with the situation. I had previously reached out and tried to make everyone in the family like his siblings and make them aware of the situation so I didn't have to shoulder the burden myself, and all I got was a bunch of false reassurance that they would help more.

Archived