Ask For Advice
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Brain surgery this week!

sara-pezzini
    I was very depressed last year and i really didn't care about living anymore but that was partly due to those meds....
    Other than that i get annoyed if i hear people talking about small stuff and how much they get upset by tiny things.
    I am less patient than i was before.
    In the other hand the tumor also brought me a lot, i opened up more than i used to, I'm also very shy and talking to people is hard for me, even at work, but now everyone knows and i can talk to everyone there.
    Friendships deepened and i fell in love with a guy who has been there for me since day 1!

I don't care at all about the scar or looks or any of that, so that isn't part of my fear....
    But the fact that my brain is exposed and that there are complications possible that have great effects, and the fact that even the surgeon had not done this surgery more than once or twice, that is scary!!

I think you were kind of obsessing so much over your ex to not have to deal with what was going on with your health, maybe? Cause that we can deal with and feel all our feelings over and then not have to deal with this super scary stuff.....
    Anyways it really sucks to have to deal with 2 of those terrible things at once! But now you're on the other side and can look forward!

Eyebrows
    It wasn't just a way of deflecting. I guess there's something about this sort of thing that makes you want to tell people who were important to you how much they meant. After those claims when I was having the second bleed, bearing in mind it's made worse by stress/high blood pressure etc. At the time I didn't care about dying because I felt like the old me had died in Prague and Vienna.

I did become close to a few other people and some of the people who stepped up were people who I never thought would. It's great that you found someone through the whole ordeal.

It's scary to think about your brain being exposed. Makes me think of the scientist guy in Nightmare Before Christmas! But the methods and techniques are so sophisticated these days. I relate to the people complaining about little things, though. I find it hard to relate to people sometimes now, I'm just getting used to getting back into small-talk at work which mostly seems to be complaining! I'm shy too though you wouldn't have thought it back before I had the first bleed. I'd grown a lot and it was like being put back to square one.

3. Thanks sara-pezzini thanked for this post
    maccerz
    Bronze Member
    The very best of luck sara-pezzini! What a brave woman you are. I know I dont know you but you're very much in my thoughts xx

5. Thanks sara-pezzini thanked for this post
    sara-pezzini
    Well still no surgery.
    I called them today and turns out there were more surgeries postponed after me but those were more urgent, so those people go first.
    They don't know much but the surgeon's assistent went to talk to the surgical team for me to find out anything, because this uncertainty is driving me crazy.
    She managed to find out that they aspire to plan my surgery in for the 9th of March....this is not certain yet, just that before this date nothing will happen, that is certain.
    So another huge blow and i was pretty upset.
    It's taking so long! Was supposed to be January 26th, then it'd be over by now and I'd be healing...
    So this sucks big time!
    Had a very bad day yesterday, could barely form sentences, forgot everything, was so bad that even my mom who is used to it by now, was worried.
    And i could barely walk, was so dizzy!
    Today's a little better again.....
    Then again if i had had the surgery in January i probably wouldn't have had a date Saturday and wouldn't have gotten a sweet surprise from him yesterday! So maybe all is as it should be......

journeynow
    Aw, Sarah, sorry to hear you're still in limbo with the surgery. (Well, if there's a bright side, just think, they'll be that much more experienced if they do the other surgeries before yours. Right? You want them at their very best!)

8. Thanks sara-pezzini thanked for this post
    mines
    So sorry about this Sara that is a long time to wait, I feel so badly for you, ugh. I'm sending you all my positive energy, that the Universe conspires so there are no further delays. You are such a sweet and lovely spirit, you really deserve this chance to be set free from the crushing pain. ((hugs)) and healing energy coming your way.

10. Thanks sara-pezzini thanked for this post
    sara-pezzini
    Thank you both!
    It's so hard all this waiting! Sadly he won't be more experienced cause the surgery he has to do with me doesn't happen much. He's only done this combo of MVD with a tumor once or twice cause it's extremely rare, but it was a funny thought hahaha
    I just think there must be a reason....Maybe then i get to stay in a single bedroom as i really really want and maybe that wouldn't happen otherwise.
    In the meantime I'm having a lot of fun with my crush, this wouldn't happen any time soon otherwise cause I'd be healing.
    So maybe it is for a reason.
    But still sucks though!
    I want this done and see if it helps and be done with the meds I'm taking....and no more pain....
    Meanwhile im also very curious what the tumor has done since radiation and that scan also keeps getting postponed

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Aaagggggghhh!!! So frustrating!!!!

luminousone
    Platinum Member
    Oh, that is too bad, Sara! I was just checking in on your thread to see how it went, and now I see it didn't happen!

I assume you are completely over your virus by now.

Call your doc and let him know you are having memory issues. Maybe they can fit you in sooner.

But if they cannot, then it is only 3 weeks away.
    Keep us posted

14. Thanks sara-pezzini thanked for this post
    sara-pezzini
    Haha thanks, yeah still waiting.....but two more weeks hopefully cause that date is not sure yet.
    The memory issues I've had for almost two years now, they are a side effect of the meds i take so that won't get me into surgery sooner sadly.
    The doctor knows about it....
    As soon as i can quit the meds within 6 months it should be okay again!!!
    Thank you for checking on me!! Means a lot that people do!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Top Threads
Need all tips and advice to stop smoking
Hello not sure if this is the right forum to post at but just thought is try, I have been smoking cigarettes for a year now and decided it's time
Horrible pain possibly from pilonadal cyst
Hi, so the past few weeks I have had this pain right above my butt and thought nothing of it. Recently though I have been experiencing horrible pain

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice