Brain surgery this week!

Thursday is the day! I'm terrified but also anxious to get it over!

I have planned and prepared everything that is in my power and now it's up to the surgeon.

For those who don't know and want to know,

I have a brain tumor, it causes me to have terrible pains, trigeminal neuralgia, tumor had radiation last year but the pain won't go away, can't live with that pain so I'm getting a micro vascular decompression.

To put a pad between the nerve and the vein hitting it.

It's a complicated surgery, they have to move the tumor aside to get to the nerve and even the surgeon who is the best in that field here, has only done this combination only once!

There is a big risk of a complication but if it works the pain will be gone instantly!

Even through all my meds the pain is getting worse and worse again.

Had food poisoning and threw up probably two doses, that didn't help either so I'm in a lot of pain right now.

I'm trying not to give in to the fear but i am scared!

And also my throat aches and i hope that's from throwing up and not from getting a cold, cause then it won't happen!

All in all a lot goes through my mind right now!

It's a bit much right now!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sara, I wish all the best to you! I hope everything will go as smoothly as possible. Whenever I go through something that scares me, and I am. I just think, that it will only make things better after. It's never as bad as we think it is. It' will also be over with in no time. Stay strong and you will get through it. It's tough I know and you are probably going through a lot of anxieties. Maybe do some meditation just to keep your nerves down. It will be over with in no time. Keep us posted.

Thank you juju! Yes it's true that it's never as bad as we imagine and if it works it will be worth every second of pain and agony that i have now cause nothing can top the TN pain i felt.....and they have all kinds of meds to help with the wound pain.

Cannot bend down for 6 weeks after but that'll sort itself out....

I will keep everyone updated!

Lots and lots of luck to you and your surgeon on Thursday! However you look at it, it has to be done because the pain is unbearable and getting worse. All you can do is to choose the best surgeon you can, and then it's not in your hands anymore.

All the best Sara! let us know how it went!

Thank you guys!

Though i am extremely worried now,that little throat ache i felt yesterday has gotten worse, and I'm pretty sure i have a cold or one on the way.

I am not coughing bad yet but i definitely am coughing.

If this persists that means no surgery this week and I'm devastated.

I have done everything in my power to not get a cold even to the point of canceling plans with friends who had one.

I just recovered from one a few weeks ago and now seem to get another one.

My immune system is extremely low due to the meds and i get everything very easily.

If I'm snotty or coughing heavily it won't happen but even if I'm coughing a little now, i always get the heavy coughing later where i almost throw up from coughing, can't imagine that while just having gotten brain surgery....

I'm so scared right now.....my brother is especially coming over from Sweden....plus i am ready, i need this surgery to happen this week!

Thank you guys!

Though i am extremely worried now,that little throat ache i felt yesterday has gotten worse, and I'm pretty sure i have a cold or one on the way.

I am not coughing bad yet but i definitely am coughing.

If this persists that means no surgery this week and I'm devastated.

I have done everything in my power to not get a cold even to the point of canceling plans with friends who had one.

I just recovered from one a few weeks ago and now seem to get another one.

My immune system is extremely low due to the meds and i get everything very easily.

If I'm snotty or coughing heavily it won't happen but even if I'm coughing a little now, i always get the heavy coughing later where i almost throw up from coughing, can't imagine that while just having gotten brain surgery....

I'm so scared right now.....my brother is especially coming over from Sweden....plus i am ready, i need this surgery to happen this week!

oh no sara ...I hope it goes ... sadly you cannot avoid it no matter what ...I have barely left the house since christmas and as you know I still got *it* ...hoping and preying this is just a mild dose that goes because I can only imagine the worry and stress it will put you under to have to cancel xxx lots of love xx sending everything possible your way .

Got antibiotics and codeine tablets from doctor bit i have a slight raise of temperature. 37.7

So i had to consult with the hospital first and they now want to hear from me tomorrow afternoon, if i feel better it's okay and otherwise the surgery won't happen.

I am terrified and absolutely devastated. Please send all good and healthy thoughts and prayers my way!!!

Archived