Boyfriend of 2.5 years denies being on tinder

soccergril2210

So the other night i got a Facebook message from a girl i have never met or seen, telling me my boyfriend had been talking to her on snapchat, and even asked her out for dinner. She said he met her a few months ago on tinder. When i questioned her further, she couldn't give me a screenshot of any of there conversations or his tinder profile, so i thought she was a bit sketchy. I downloaded tinder and logged in, and my boyfriend came up, they were all quite recent photos (past 3 months) and we had a lot of friends in common. When i approached my boyfriend about it, he flat out denied it and got angry at me for accusing him, saying he had no idea about the tinder profile, nor did he know the girl who messaged me. The thing is, if it was a fake profile that someone made to impersonate him, why would we have 270 something friends in common on the tinder profile? You would have to hack his Facebook to make the profile. Sounds a bit far fetched to me right. Also - the girl who messaged me on Facebook he is following on instagram - when i brought that up he said he started following her recently to find out who she is and why she is messaging me. Its a hard situation because i have always trusted him 100% and have never had any reason to doubt him, now i am questioning everything he does and says, and i can't stop thinking about it. Help!

Sorry to hear this. Agree his excuses sound far fetched. trust your gut. he's got a Tinder profile up, someone messaged you about him, and he follows her. Had she not contacted you, you would not have found him on tinder.

You'll have to decide if he's cheating on dating sites and what to do about it. What was this woman's reason for contacting you?

So the other night i got a Facebook message from a girl i have never met or seen, telling me my boyfriend had been talking to her on snapchat, and even asked her out for dinner. I downloaded tinder and logged in, and my boyfriend came up, they were all quite recent photos - the girl who messaged me on Facebook he is following on instagram -

lol....he started following her on Instagram to find out who she is why she is messaging you??? Really? If you are willing to buy that bs I've got a bridge to sell you......

Rather than going with hacking and someone creating a fake profile but with his account, his Fb and his pics....methinks you need to face the reality that you've unfortunately caught him with his hand in the cookie jar. Now, the only question that is left is what are you going to do about it? I suggest that you don't opt for driving yourself insane policing his every move and questioning everything he says.

Since the account appears recent, then no reason for you to question your trust from before. The problem is that now, in the last few months, things have changed and even if he hasn't left you yet, he seems to be actively looking for a new pony to ride. Some people unfortunately do this - line up the next relationship before they leave the current one. Given the situation, I'd be leaving him today.

It's not a fake Tinder profile. Why would anyone else create a fake profile of him? He is also following this girl on Instagram. Why would he follow her after you found out about her? His excuse is lame to say the least.

He is definitely window shopping. There's no point in hanging around waiting for him to leave when he has found something that has caught his eye.

Anger and denial is a common trait of someone, who has been caught in a lie.

I have used Tinder before and you have to have your Facebook profile verified before you can create a profile. Tinder does this to prevent fake profiles.

I admire the woman for telling you what occurred between the two of them. She probably deleted the messages because she found out that he was a cheating creep, got pissed off, and deleted any interaction between the two of them. That's what I would do.

It's up to you to determine whether this is a good reason for you two to break up. Based on his actions and blatant lies, it's pretty clear that he is cheating on you. Don't put up with this disrespect and don't remain with someone who is cheating on you.

yes, he's on tinder. yes, he's cheating on you. yes, time to move on. blah. that pisses me off. if he's unhappy with you, he should talk to you about it, not try to hook up with other women behind your back. And obviously, it's not a fake account with 270 mutual friends. that is ridiculous.

Archived