Today would have been our anniversary... having a tough day!

Today would have been our 2 year anniversary and can't get him off my mind.

He broke up with me 7 weeks ago today and we have barely spoken since. When we have it has been me reaching out and he has been cold and distant. Have been in NC for 2 weeks now. had to start fresh after a relapse that included his sick grandma.

In the weekend he untagged himself in all photos of us on facebook and added a lot of new girls. i thought this was hurtful and unnecessary. Its as if i have dumped him? He also spoke about being friends one day - yet all his actions show that he genuinely dislikes me as a person now?

Its all becoming very real now. Think i have been in denial this whole time that he was sad and missing me and 'forcing' himself not to message me even though he wanted to. All such ridiculous thoughts now i think about it. I genuinely believed he loved me.

Need to start moving on now. But finding it very hard when i am constantly miserable and low. I have no energy.

Any uplifting success stories after a breakup out there? need some inspiration on this crappy day

Reminder days are always hard. Hope you're doing better today Lisa. Keep your head up. The day is coming where it will hurt less and less. Little by little. You'll start to notice you think about him not so frequently. Then, eventually barely ever. I know that everybody says "its a process", and I'm in the process with you. I'm coming up on week 9. You deserve better. We deserve better. You don't want somebody like him, believe me you don't. Do you REALLY want somebody that makes you feel like you aren't a priority? Do you REALLY want somebody that makes you feel less-than? Or do you want to brave the fear, the unkown...brave the time you'll spend 'on your own' and eventually have somebody that can give you the world? When that day comes, you'll look back and thank God that you didn't waste all of that time with...what's his name. You may not think that way right now, but trust me, that day WILL come. This isn't a forever thing. This is temporary. You'll be okay.

The good news is you're moving out of denial and into acceptance, which is a very very very painful step (feels like you're taking a step backward but you are ultimately moving yourself forward) and true healing can begin now.

Please remove him and anyone associated with him from social media. I deleted my own social media pages which was instrumental in my healing. Forced me to focus more heavily on my own life instead of getting lost in what other people were doing. It's been 9 months now and I am still enjoying being away from social media and don't plan to use it again.

My ex fiance and I had an amazing relationship and I was utterly shocked when he ended it. He and his family became cold as ice, for no apparent reason. I know how devastated you feel. Anniversaries are tough but they get easier and easier. On the weekend I was supposed to get married, a girlfriend and I took a weekend trip which I now look back on as one of the highlights of last year, and here I'd been wondering how I was going to survive it.

Tell yourself every day, "I am going to get over this." Some days you will believe it more than others, but say it every day. You are the only person you need to be completely fulfilled and happy. Be determined not to let the actions of another person take you off course for too long. Grieve, but keep moving, one day at a time, one hour at a time. Be patient with the ups and downs and accept that it's part of the process... don't let the negative voice in your head lead you to believe that these bad days are permanent. Take it from a "success" story (still working through some things but not grieving anymore)... there are brighter days ahead.

This was amazing

I was reading this just about every day during the first few months of grieving my relationship. All in all it was one of the most helpful things I'd come across.

The best part, for me: "My scars are a testament to the love and relationship I had for and with that person. And if the scar is deep, so was the love. So be it. Scars are a testament to life. Scars are a testament that I can love deeply and live deeply and be cut, or even gouged, and that I can heal and continue to live and continue to love. And the scar tissue is stronger than the original flesh ever was."

When I was experiencing the initial stages of grief, I really needed assurance that the time I experienced with my ex and the time I would spend healing was not a waste. Reading this gave me hope that one day I would emerge from this dark place a better person and that my future experiences and relationships would be made richer by it.

Archived