I feel suffocated by my parents sometimes

Chocolate25

My mom is trying to monitor what clothes I wear, what jewelery I'm wearing etc. I hate the fact that she's trying to take control over which boys I talk to.. She prefers me to talk men in the arranged marriage way. I'm getting very frustrated at my parents rules. I think she's trying to take control of my life and turn it into an arranged marriage. She's trying to buy me a luxury car in one or two years time. I don't want a luxury car. She says "luxury cars are expensive, they are safe". My parents are well-off.

My mom is trying to monitor what clothes I wear, what jewelery I'm wearing etc. I hate the fact that she's trying to take control over which boys I talk to.. She prefers me to talk men in the arranged marriage way. I'm getting very frustrated at my parents rules. I think she's trying to take control of my life and turn it into an arranged marriage..

If this is the way of your culture then you'll have a hard time beating it. You'll either have to come to accept that this is the way it will be, or you have to break away completely.

Is this cultural? What would happen if you got a place with some friends? Would they disown you and not buy you the car or cut you off financially?

I moved back to my parents house in 2014. I lived on my own during my University or Undergrad years from 2009-2014. I very much want to move out of my parents home again. However, my dad says "you can move out of the house until you are married." My mother stated that "since you are single now, it's going to be a major problem if you move out on your own". I'm 26 years old.

Archived