I'm so over this

Qbos21

So me and my kids father has been broken up for say almost 6 months now and we have two children together who he does little for I've cut all ties with him he occasionally calls and asks for our first son we had together and doesn't take the other one he never takes him he is a barber he cuts his hair spends days with him and counts the other one out he doesn't even care to cut my other sons hair he totally counts him out of everything Quality time, He doesn't buy him anything, Any kid parties or family events he doesn't go only my oldest goes he buys him clothes and shoes and not the other and I'm tired of waisting my breath on this douche bag

Take both kids to counseling. If they report that the preferential treatment is negatively affecting them, this may warrent taking to family court. He may lose his visitation if it is negatively impacting either child. Of course, check laws/regulations for where you live, but this would be how I would handle it if I were in your situation.

Make sure you have court ordered child support and a visitation/custody schedule in place. That way it's not up to his whims.

So me and my kids father has been broken up for say almost 6 months now and we have two children together who he does little for I've cut all ties with him.
Does he believe that the second child is not his? Kind of hard to wrap my mind around that kind of deliberate rejection of one child outside of that.

His mom doesn't believe it's his but I was younger when I had them both there only 6 months apart for prep sakes as soon as I gave birth to my oldest I got pregnant again the NEXT MONTH me and him talked about it before and he believes it's his and he says he doesn't want a DNA test

Is there a court-ordered visitation agreement in place? Do you know why he is favoring one son over the other? Do you have enough influence to tell him you want him to spend time with both boys or he doesn't get to spend time with either of them?

I talked to the prosecutor she said that if he doesn't want to spent time with them both they can not make him but you can't keep him from them neither so basically I'm ed either way and no we don't have a court order for any visitation

6 months apart? Was your second one a preemie?

Well, file a motion to establish paternity. Maybe he does have some doubts and he's just choosing not to verbalize them to you. Then he can stand before a court and opt whether or not he wants to request a DNA test.

I'm not saying it in an accusatory way, I just heard the same sheet from my ex husband and it got old. When the time came(two times, actually), he did not request a DNA test. It was just one of those things he liked to whine to people about so he could be a pretend victim. If he had requested a DNA test and when it came back, A). He wouldn't get to play that card anymore, and B). He'd have to reimburse for its cost.

6 months apart? Was your second one a preemie?

Well, file a motion to establish paternity. Maybe he does have some doubts and he's just choosing not to verbalize them to you. Then he can stand before a court and opt whether or not he wants to request a DNA test.

I'm not saying it in an accusatory way, I just heard the same sheet from my ex husband and it got old. When the time came(two times, actually), he did not request a DNA test. It was just one of those things he liked to whine to people about so he could be a pretend victim. If he had requested a DNA test and when it came back, A). He wouldn't get to play that card anymore, and B). He'd have to reimburse for its cost.

Yes he was premature but I will do exactly that

Archived