Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so over this

Qbos21

I'm so over this

So me and my kids father has been broken up for say almost 6 months now and we have two children together who he does little for I've cut all ties with him he occasionally calls and asks for our first son we had together and doesn't take the other one he never takes him he is a barber he cuts his hair spends days with him and counts the other one out he doesn't even care to cut my other sons hair he totally counts him out of everything Quality time, He doesn't buy him anything, Any kid parties or family events he doesn't go only my oldest goes he buys him clothes and shoes and not the other and I'm tired of waisting my breath on this douche bag

gebaird
    Is there a court-ordered visitation agreement in place? Do you know why he is favoring one son over the other? Do you have enough influence to tell him you want him to spend time with both boys or he doesn't get to spend time with either of them?

DancingFool
    Does he believe that the second child is not his? Kind of hard to wrap my mind around that kind of deliberate rejection of one child outside of that.

hyden
    Silver Member
    Take both kids to counseling. If they report that the preferential treatment is negatively affecting them, this may warrent taking to family court. He may lose his visitation if it is negatively impacting either child. Of course, check laws/regulations for where you live, but this would be how I would handle it if I were in your situation.

Wiseman2
    Make sure you have court ordered child support and a visitation/custody schedule in place. That way it's not up to his whims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbos21 [Register to see the link]
    So me and my kids father has been broken up for say almost 6 months now and we have two children together who he does little for I've cut all ties with him.

Qbos21
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingFool [Register to see the link]
    Does he believe that the second child is not his? Kind of hard to wrap my mind around that kind of deliberate rejection of one child outside of that.
    His mom doesn't believe it's his but I was younger when I had them both there only 6 months apart for prep sakes as soon as I gave birth to my oldest I got pregnant again the NEXT MONTH me and him talked about it before and he believes it's his and he says he doesn't want a DNA test

Qbos21
    Quote Originally Posted by gebaird [Register to see the link]
    Is there a court-ordered visitation agreement in place? Do you know why he is favoring one son over the other? Do you have enough influence to tell him you want him to spend time with both boys or he doesn't get to spend time with either of them?
    I talked to the prosecutor she said that if he doesn't want to spent time with them both they can not make him but you can't keep him from them neither so basically I'm ed either way and no we don't have a court order for any visitation

j.man
    What cause does his mother have to believe that?

Wiseman2
    You need to obtain that so he can't pick and choose. This way you both adhere to a regular schedule of time together with the kids for the kids sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbos21 [Register to see the link]
    no we don't have a court order for any visitation

Qbos21
    Quote Originally Posted by j.man [Register to see the link]
    What cause does his mother have to believe that?
    She just first like me and I guess cause the first child looks exactly like him but the second child looks like me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Relationship with Step-daughter
I will avoid making this post longer than it needs to be but I need to give some background info for things to make sense. So here I go. I have been
Family Wedding Drama
I need advice/opinions about the situation I've found myself in. My cousin, who at one time was the closest thing to a best friend I had, is getting
Abusive family
Hi there. I have ongoing issues with my mother and sister. To cut a long story short my mother and older sister have been abusive to me my whole
Telling Family I am Dating a Dad
Hi, I am new here so I am hoping I've picked the right board to post this in.. I am 29 years old and have no children of my own but I have started
She Wants More but I have Concerns
There is so much to discuss but I will try and sum it up quickly: Been with my gf for 4.5 years. I moved in with her, her now 11 y/o daughter and
Am I emotionally abusive?
About two weeks ago my mother accused me of being emotionally abusive to her, and I've been sick ever since. My entire life, we cannot be in the same
is my husband selfish or it's me?
I recently got a new job and have to work night shift temporarily during training period. I hate night shift because I can not sleep, 5 hours the top

Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, Iím finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice