Ask For Advice

Thread: i just want to be happy?

tyler876

Smile i just want to be happy?

Its been a while like this. Im crying every night. I am supposed to get married next month and im in love with my fiance. But all I think about is death.i feel like the ones I love will die or I will die im afraid of the thought that we all eventually die. Im also feeling pressured by others cuz I. Keeping my thoughts to myself so they just go on nagging and complaining because of me which add up to my feeling of wanting to self harm myself again (I used to do it before). I abuse myself with thought of my sweet loving fiance being mad at me or hating me for always being depressed and ruining his happiness although he treat me nicely and take care of me I still hide these thoughts from him cuz im afraid he would secretly hate me. Like my sister secretly hate me because of things I used to do when I was a kid. She tells me im mean if I am angry she makes a fight if I don't confide in her. I also am diagnoised with stomatic symptoms disorder and but I avoid therapy thus I am in big problem and in constant pain . I am just looking for someone to advice me. Anything and you can be mean with words ill take it.

Wiseman2
    Agree with your bf that getting professional advice and help with these things would make you feel a lot better than talking to siblings or friends about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler876 [Register to see the link]
    My fiance tried taking me to psychiatrist and counsellor.

Viceroy
    Why are you avoiding therapy? If it's for financial reasons, perhaps your employer can help (a lot of companies offer in house counseling, depending on what you're doing of course). Counseling would be a good idea, you could go bi-weekly/twice a month. I think that would be a good idea for you.

gebaird
    It sounds like you are suffering from severe anxiety, depression, and possibly more. Therapy can only help you, and you may want to consider medication as a possible solution as well. Your internal struggles will eventually create external problems. Better to face them now than to wait until they catch up to you later.

5. Thanks Wiseman2, tyler876 thanked for this post
    SapphireNoir10
    thanatophobia is the fear of dying/people dying. I know because I've been through it myself as part of my anxiety. Seek therapy it can really help.

7. Thanks gebaird, tyler876 thanked for this post
    Byrd

Depression is a serious illness. Yes I said illness. You need to see a medical doctor and probably a counselor also. Crying every night is not normal unless u are dealing with the loss of a loved one or some other recent loss. Depression can be treated effectively in most cases. Sometimes with medicine. Sometimes with counseling. Sometimes with both. Get help now. Help is out there. You can find it!!!

9. Thanks tyler876 thanked for this post
    rave10
    We all have our fear .I think you have to remind your self that you can not change anything by thinking . And forget about what you can not control , like dying ...etc. That's what I do.
    But if your fear becomes an obsession or an illness , than I think you should listen to your fiance for consultation.
    Hope you the best.

Top Threads
Weight gain/working out
I am 5ft 4inches tall before I started working out I weighed 146, now that I'm working out I'm 150 lbs heavier. I am eating right. What the hell is
Am I pregnant?
Okay so I know there are likely no doctors reading this but I just want people's opinions on this. Basically, I'm worried I'm pregnant. Me and my
Working out
I joined a gym a week ago, I haven't worked out in 5 years. I started out on the elite side of the gym using the trx and mx4 small group sessions. I
Is there something seriously wrong w/me?
In the last year and 1/2, dating has been absolute misery. Although my 1st relationship failed, at least it was a normal relationship where both us
Is 10mg Lexapro a too low dosage?
I started taking the 10 mgs around the 1st of this month, I think I was feeling a bit better. I went in for my follow up on (last) Thursday feeling
Twilight anesthesia
If you have dental phobia I HIGHLY recommend this for dental surgery. I have a massive dental phobia and I needed a surgical extraction. I was so so
Any UC/Crohns sufferers out there?
I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis (UC) - a form of Inflammatory Bowel Disease - over 10 years ago. In the majority of that time I have had

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
I’m desperate for some advice. I’ve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice