I just want to shut everything off....

livelife

I just want to shut it all off and not think...

Not go to work...

Not think about anything...

Not worry about practicing my music....

Not worry about finishing my novel....

Not be mad at my husband....

Just shut it all off.... but I can't. Not sure what to do....

Why are you mad at him?

He doesn't help out at home. When I brought it up he said we should get a housekeeper.

But I don't think that solves the issue of him not caring about chipping in. I have to do the thinking around the house - if I don't tell him it's garbage day, he'll put it out once in 3 weeks, if I don't tell him TP is out or if i dont pick it up, we won't have tp, if theres something that needs fixing (that I can't do), and I tell him, he won't even put it on his calendar. If i ask him about it a week or 3 later, I'm bossy.

I can't take it. It didnt matter so much before but now I work a lot more and I don't think its fair that everything should fall on my shoulders because according to him, he doesn't care. He doesn't care if the house is dirty. He doesn't care if the house is unfurnished. And if he does do anything, I feel like I need to thank him for it - which I have always done, but now I'm questioning myself - why should it be a favor to me? It is our house. I'm worn out. I know people who have kids have a lot more on their plate so this feels like I'm complaining about nothing but I'm angry.

Why are you worrying so much? You sound a bit stressed. How about go out on a long walk by yourself and clear your mind

I don't know... ive been upset about everything this past month.... even work. I have a hard time getting out of bed for work. Idk if the work is making me mad at my husband or vicw versa....

It's hard to find the meaning of life... I just feel like I havent accomplished anything in life. Workwise - I'm not where I want to be. But I don't know how to change that. I'm not passionate about what I do. And the stuff that I am passionate about, I'm just not good at it - and I don't even know if my passions are strong enough for me to ever be good at them.

I'm on a rant now... thanks for listening. I just can't place my finger on what I need to do to fix it. Or why even try....

It's hard to find the meaning of life... I just feel like I havent accomplished anything in life. Workwise - I'm not where I want to be. But I don't know how to change that. I'm not passionate about what I do. And the stuff that I am passionate about, I'm just not good at it - and I don't even know if my passions are strong enough for me to ever be good at them.

I'm on a rant now... thanks for listening. I just can't place my finger on what I need to do to fix it. Or why even try....

Remember the saying: You are the company you keep

Could be the friends/acquaintances in your life are kinda keeping you where you are at as far as determination and motivation, direction and drive. Know what Im saying? Just being surrounded by people who are where you want to be career-wise. Often times, just spending time and socializing with them will give you a drive you never knew would come round.

Sounds like you have a small case of depression. It might help if you gave yourself something minor to look forward to everyday. My small suggestions are 1) Try to take about 15 minutes out of each day to just relax and do nothing. You can just sleep, take a bath, meditate, cry, read, color, do yoga, or whatever you think will relax u at the moment. 2) Make sure to read something that makes you genuinely smile at least once each day. I like to watch funny youtube videos, and at some point I found a website that was just full of memes, just be aware that it's easy to accidentally spend an hour on those things. 3) Tell your husband your frustrations. He won't really understand, and you probably don't understand why you are going through these things, but it does help to know that you are not alone, and your husband should help in carrying your burden (or at least be aware of it). 4) Consult a therapist. I know that's difficult with a busy schedule, dealing w/ the cost, and being skeptical of its benefits, but therapy specializes in situations like yours. It's created to solve problems that disrupt peoples' lives, and if you can find the time and funds to do so, it would be a good investment. 5) Go easy on yourself. You seem stressed, and simply in need of a break from your life, that doesn't make you a bad person or a weak person, but simply a person. It's hard to actively fight something you may feel powerless against but it takes a lot of work each day to kind of pull oneself out of the hole.

I wish you all the best, and hope that things start to improve for you. You seem like a very interesting and ambitious person. Not everyone can write a book or play an instrument. I sincerely hope these talents don't go unnoticed becuase of a lack in confidence in them. Keep pushing yourself, even when you don't want to, and I hope this post helps a little

It's time to adjust to working again. Do you like this job or were happier as a housewife? Your husband needs to realize that with both out working now a shift needs to occur in his participation.

A housekeeper is a great idea so is going out to eat more, take out food and other things that lessen the household tension and tediousness. Do fun things on weekends together to recharge and relax and reconnect. Have date nights. Nagging won't help nor will thanking him.

He doesn't help out at home. When I brought it up he said we should get a housekeeper. It didnt matter so much before but now I work a lot more and I don't think its fair that everything should fall on my shoulders because according to him, he doesn't care. He doesn't care if the house is dirty.

Archived