Should I Keep My Ex on Social Media?

rachelhue

Hello!

I was wondering if I should keep my ex boyfriend on social media in order to get him back. He broke up with me about a month ago and we haven't talked at all. He texted me once, a drunk text, but I did not reply. It was a nice break up, no yelling or begging or anything. I have been going out with friends and working out and what not and I don't know if I should let him see all that if I want him back. I still have in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and snapchat. He deleted all of our pictures on instagram and he has made it so I can't see his snap story but he still views mine all the time. He hasn't deleted me from anything. I guess I'm wondering this because he made it so I can't see his snap story but yet he watches mine all the time. Even when he did let me see his story, I wouldn't watch it. He did this right after I didn't reply to his drunk text. I do want my ex boyfriend back but I just don't know how to go about doing it. We are both actively involved in social media and I'm not sure what to do.

Any advice would be great!

In my view, if you have to think about how your ex will react to your social media posts, it's probably not a good idea to stay connected. You should be free to live your life and post what you want, not worry about presenting a filtered view of your actual life in an attempt to get his attention.

No. No contact is best. That includes deleting blocking unfriending and unfollowing exes. You won't get him back by buzzing around on social media, it looks desperate.

if he's not contacting you it's because he doesn't want to get back together. Focus on healing and moving forward with self respect, not becoming one of his fans or groupies.

He broke up with me because he didn't want to put me as a priority anymore and put me in front of his clubs, job, and friends. He asked me if we could be friends and I said no.

Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you? Heal and then find a guy who can't get enough of you.

Keeping tabs on your ex will only hinder your healing process. Voodoo magic, begging, pleading, or forced coercion won't win him back. Even if it did, would it be authentic?

Keeping him or not on your social media will have zero influence on whether he gets back with you or not. It's social media, it means nothing, nada, zilch. Do you really think so poorly of him (and yourself) that you would want him to come back only based on pictures of you looking hot? He's seen you naked...nothing can ever top that. Still, he chose to end the relationship and live his life without you in it, and you need to respect his wish and block him everywhere, so you can give yourself the chance to move on.

Archived