Ask For Advice

Thread: I can't decide if I want to completely quit one of my jobs

Beastelstein

I can't decide if I want to completely quit one of my jobs

A little background: I just graduated college with a bio degree last spring, I've worked at a grocery store for 8 years and now I work in a pharmacy as well. The pharmacy job is significantly harder, pays less and has been cutting my hours as of late. I've been there almost 3 months and while I'm getting some day to day tasks down I struggle with solving some of the uncommon problems one might encounter in the workplace and my boss frequently gets displeased as a result. I have a potential opportunity for a temporary lab job (what I'm really striving to do but haven't been able to get into) but the people I interviewed with can be difficult to reach. Anyway after today I can either put in my 2 weeks at the pharmacy or work once every 6 weeks assuming they let me and my grocery store job already has me down as fully available again in 2 weeks. I could also get promoted to a wellness consultant at my grocery job which would pay substantially better than my pharmacy job. Sometimes the pharmacy work is rewarding and manageable but the bad days are abysmal where you can fall hours behind with no hope of catching up. I have to call my boss tomorrow and decide what I'd like to do but I've already given him the impression I've already gotten the other job (which I'd like to think I do but nothing is certain). I'm thinking putting in my 2 weeks might just be the better route since I feel I'm overworked and underpaid.

gebaird
    The pharmacy job sounds absolutely miserable. Only keep it if you have no other way to support yourself.

The goal for most people is to find enjoyable work that pays well. Don't stop trying until you've achieved that goal.

I hope you get the wellness consultant job.

Beastelstein
    Quote Originally Posted by gebaird [Register to see the link]
    The pharmacy job sounds absolutely miserable. Only keep it if you have no other way to support yourself.

The goal for most people is to find enjoyable work that pays well. Don't stop trying until you've achieved that goal.

I hope you get the wellness consultant job.
    Thanks for the advice, I think I can actually get the wellness consultant job pretty easily but the lab job is more important to my overall career. I'm gonna put my two weeks in tomorrow.

Wiseman2
    Keep the grocery job for the money for now but continue to search for jobs related to your education and goals. Take the deal at the pharmacy that suits you best.

Start putting together a profile on professional sites like LinkedIn. List your education and relevant experience, etc.. Join alumni and professional groups. You can link your resume. Upload your contact list and see if any classmates, professors, etc are on there.

Keep building up a professional social media image and make connections on there. There are also job searches available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastelstein [Register to see the link]
    I have a potential opportunity for a temporary lab job what I'm really striving to do but haven't been able to get into but the people I interviewed with can be difficult to reach. I could also get promoted to a wellness consultant at my grocery job which would pay substantially better than my pharmacy job.

Top Threads
Complaining Boss
Boss took away some of my hours at work, because he thinks I am not doing a good enough job. He never arpouched me about it, but rather just took
Trying to better myself, need advice on how to get over the wall
I'l try to make this as short as possible without writing a book! Thanks in advance to all who will read this and give me there imput. First off I'm
Any nurses or nursing students out there!!!
Hello, I am looking for accelerated nursing programs that I can get into. I have a bachelors degree in a non-health field. Please tell me of your

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
He Left My Clothes in His Yard to Pick Up
Here is a follow to my situation: After I spent four days with this guy I met online, I inadvertently left a few clothes at his place. Almost two
Does he really think I'm trolling him/can't trust me or is just an excuse?
Met a guy last summer. I broke it off with him 3 times in 6 dates, over concern about distance, but kept apologizing. The last break off he said he
My 8 year old won't go to sleep or stay asleep 😣😣
Feel like I am losing my mind. My 8 year old just won't go to bed.. or she at least won't stay in bed. She is still up now at 9.45pm (after being
HSP in LDR, about to move to be with him and get married
Im a Highly Sensitive Person. I get very overwhelmed very easily. If i dont sleep well, if theres too much noise, if there are too many
Am I being selfish or unreasonable?
Hi everyone, Sorry for my first post to be one of all doom and gloom, but I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I want to start by saying that I
Stomach flu fears
I have a huge fear of stomach flu, if i am exposed or know someone has had it a have really bad anxiety and stress over it. Yesterday at 11am at my
Boyfriend Likes Questionable Pictures on Instagram– Should I Be Worried?
Long story short, he's been liking some questionable pictures that this other woman (whom he knows irl) posts. In one of the pictures he liked, she's
Ask For Advice