Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I seem like I'm playing games?

LadyBug1988
    Bronze Member

Do I seem like I'm playing games?

I have been dating a new guy for a few weeks now, and I'm not comfortable enough to sleep with him yet. We talked about it, I explained my values, and that I don't do things I'm not proud of. He said he understood and respected me too much to want to make me uncomfortable and mess up our new relationship.

I ended up in a situation where we were out and spent the night together in the same bed, but nothing happened and he didn't try to force himself into me. He's always such a gentleman and makes me feel very safe, which is why I like him so much. He did make a comment that sometimes he'll want to see if my boundaries are still there since boundaries change with time, but to let him know if I'm uncomfortable and he will stop.

Since I met him on Christmas vacation and we spent that entire week together, we are now back at work. I have been seeing him no less than 3 times every week, and he plans all the days (based on my schedule) that he'll see me after our last date for the week. He also just got $700 VIP tickets to a music festival in June for us, and has been talking about vacationing together.

He sort of invited me to a family event Sunday but I could hear it in his voice he expected me to say "no" (which I did). He then got a wedding invitation for his buddy's wedding in September and excitedly showed it to me asking if I thought it was cool. I said yes but made no further inquiries. He took me for a luxury spa day with him at a beautiful resort yesterday, and then out for an amazing dinner and wine (I insisted I paid for dinner). I agreed to go back to his place because I love spending time with him, we have the same sense of humor, he's easy and fun to be around and I love being close to him.

We ended up making out watching a movie, but I stopped before things got heated. Then he just cuddled with me and goes "So that's your boundary. Okay". He never seemed pissed or annoyed, just super sweet and gentle as always. He asked me why I am afraid of intimacy.

I explained I'm not but I want to really know who he is before blindsiding myself and complicating things with sex. He said part of figuring out if you like someone is sexual compatibility and what if I fall in love with him only to learn he sucks in bed? I said we have all the time in the world to figure that out, I just want to get to know him. He asked what I wanted to know, and I honestly told him there was nothing he could tell me, I just needed to see for myself. Words mean nothing, I have no rules, only my intuition and emotions.

We cuddled and playfully joked with each other for the rest of the night, and he made plans to see me 3 more times this week. I love spending time with him, and he said he can't wait to see me again either.

I'm afraid I'll turn him off by not sleeping with him. He said he was never into one night stands and wants something serious with me. He said he's not a player or anything, and really likes me. I'm just not ready, but I don't want him to think I'm playing games.

greta96
    If you not having sex with him turns him off, then he's not the right guy for you. The right guy will always respect your boundaries and wait patiently until you're ready to take the next step. Don't do anything you're not ready for!
    And by the way, your line of thinking is very healthy, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

gebaird
    I think you are wise to move slowly in at least one area of this relationship (sexual contact) -- everything else is moving SO fast, though! As long as he understands that your intimacy "issues" are values-based and not fear-based or because you aren't attracted to him, I think you are safe to keep that boundary intact. He seems like a great guy who is really into you. I think he knows you're worth the wait.

4. Thanks lostandhurt thanked for this post
    lostandhurt
    It doesn't look like you are playing games since you are open and honest and not leading him on. If you did more than just make out like rubbing his crotch or getting naked in front of him and teasing him sexually that would be playing games but since you are taking things slow and expressing your boundaries it looks good to me.

If he is really into you then he will wait. It seems like he is spending a lot of money when he is with you though. Is that normal for him? Is he really well off or is he trying really hard with you and spending money he may not have?

Lost

6. Thanks Andrina thanked for this post
    Wiseman2
    It sounds like he likes you and respects your boundaries. He may be concerned that he's wasting a lot of money wining dining and courting you and you are friendzoning him.

You need to stop sleeping over his place and stop seeing each other that much if you need to 'go slow' and not use vague answers like "I have no rules, only my intuition and emotions", which sounds like you're leading them on for material reasons.

For example a less string along answer may be "when we are ready to be exclusive" or something a bit less capricious than "your intuition".
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyBug1988 [Register to see the link]
    he'll want to see if my boundaries are still there since boundaries change with time, but to let him know if I'm uncomfortable and he will stop.He asked me why I am afraid of intimacy. He said part of figuring out if you like someone is sexual compatibility and what if I fall in love with him only to learn he sucks in bed?

8. Thanks gebaird, itsallgrand, Blue68, JaggerJim, Capricorn3, Andrina thanked for this post
  9. 01-09-2017, 12:29 PM

snoopygal
    Bronze Member
    I don't think you're playing games. I think you're moving at a pace that you're comfortable with, and that's great. You're being honest, and that's all someone can really ask. You did say that he plans the times that the two of you see each other. He sounds like he likes and respects you and your boundaries, and you shouldn't change them for him, but you should give him reassurance that you like him in some way.

11. 01-09-2017, 12:43 PM
    Reason
    Refers to deleted posts

12. 01-09-2017, 12:45 PM

Blue68
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyBug1988 [Register to see the link]
    He said part of figuring out if you like someone is sexual compatibility and what if I fall in love with him only to learn he sucks in bed?
    And it was all going so well ....... What a load of bull!

Still, in answer to your question .... no, it doesn't seem as though you are playing games. You are being honest and upfront with him. You have your boundaries and you've told him that.

As greta said, if not having sex with him turns him off then he isn't the right guy for you. If he likes you enough to want to make it work, he will wait for you. If not, well, at least you know he wasn't the one for you and you made the right choice by not having sex with him.

14. 01-09-2017, 01:00 PM

itsallgrand
    I wouldn't call it playing games. I think you are being rather defensive rather than assertive in how you want to date him. Show him with your actions. Initiate dates, don't do sleepovers until you are ready for sex to be addressed. It's only been a few weeks. You don't have to explain yourself or worry about him being turned off by lack of sex - it's so soon to be having those conversations, and it just tells you he is comfortable with sex now while you aren't.

I'd just advise being less passive in the dating process. He's courting you heavily - if it's too much too soon, slow it down. Take the reigns a bit

16. Thanks Wiseman2, Andrina thanked for this post
    Wiseman2
    Agree with this. Sexless sleep-overs are nonsense unless you are too drunk to go home. If you don't want sex, don't sleep in his bed, etc. Go home after dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallgrand [Register to see the link]
    Initiate dates, don't do sleepovers until you are ready for sex to be addressed. It's only been a few weeks.

18. Thanks RainyCoast thanked for this post
  19. 01-09-2017, 01:12 PM
    Reason
    Refers to deleted posts

Blue68
    I think sharing a bed with someone is almost as intimate as having sex. It will cause a lot of confusion if you do that.

21. Thanks Wiseman2, Andrina, RainyCoast thanked for this post
  22. 01-09-2017, 01:19 PM

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Online men not taking me seriously even after meeting, help?
[SIZE=2]I am having a problem with online dating. Most of the time when I message men, they donít believe that my pictures are real. They start
OK so after 4 dates here are the issues I have with her
On two of the dates she made no effort to look pretty she just threw anything on and came to see me. I am not going to lie I felt kind of insulted
❌Did i just get stood up????❌
A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how
She works retail, said she wouldn't find out when she's free until today?
We texted back and forth a few times, all was well and good. Use of emojis, interest in me, etc. Last Friday, I asked her what days she would be
She went cold, should I text and confirm our date?
Got talking to a girl from an online dating app. Exchanged numbers, started whatsapping. All seemed to be going well, she had asked me last week if I
Dating Out of Your League?
Hello eNA, I've been away for quite some time but I'm back with a 'problem' I never thought I'd post about. I feel as though my girlfriend is
How Do You DTR?
Hi all, I'd like your opinion. At what point do you DTR (Define the relationship) when dating someone? Men, do you prefer for the woman to bring

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I didnt know this was cheating until i saw how much it hurt him
So my boyfriend and I have been together 8 months. It's been pretty close to perfect over all until last weekend. We trusted each other before this
Interview Vibes
Hello, eNA! I have posted a few times about my career search - thank you all for the help! I've been having a lot more luck lately and have four
Ex from seven years ago married
My ex from seven years got married in November 2016 he began dating this girl eight months after dumping me.hiw have I found this out? By the
❌Did i just get stood up????❌
A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how
HELP My boyfriend blocked me after an argument
Almost 3 weeks ago me and my (EX) boyfriend that ive been seeing for about a year had a huge explosive and petty fight over him being selfish/ self
My wife has zero trust in me
So we have been married for about 8 months now, everything was fine prior to marriage. From the day we got married to today, it has been a living
21, in a relationship and sexually frustrated
I'm 21 (female) and I'm dating a 28 year old. Ive had my round of men before him so I know exactly what I like during sex and he's PERFECT. But what
Ask For Advice