Ask For Advice

Thread: Ups and downs

Capttrae

Ups and downs

How do you deal with the ups and downs of a parents cancer? It's like she has great days that she can get up, get a bath, normal daily stuff, and says she's beating this and is going to get better. Then there's a week that she can't hardly move. And it almost seems like she's loosing a grasp on reality, there no one specific thing, it's just small things I notice when I'm there. Another thing, I was trying to help her out with her checkbook, trying to keep her from overdrafting, but she got all pissed off and told me she had it figured out that she could pay her utilities managing her own checkbook, so I just said fine whatever, all I was trying to do was help her save enough money to go to the damn doctor so she could get that cancer either treated or cut out. She don't help out with the loan I got for her so she wouldn't loose her car after she did a title loan, plus I've seen what happens when she "manages" her checkbook it's a major cf, checks bouncing like rubber balls and calls me to pay her bills. Maybe I'm being selfish and I prolly am, just tired of trying to pick up the pieces and make it whole again. Another reason I say she's loosing grip on reality, when I arranged for home health to come in, we agreed that they would come 4 times a week. I had budgeted money in for that, I got the latest bill, it was twice the amount I had budgeted in. I looked at her and asked how often they were coming, she looked me dead in the eye and said 4 times a week, just straight lied to me. Sorry about the whining and complaining

gebaird
    It sounds like you are dealing with more than just cancer here (which is hard enough), but challenges with dysfunction and boundaries. I would look for a caregivers support group in your area. They may be able to help you through what is obviously a very difficult situation.

Top Threads
Asking for input from estranged children
Hello. I'm hoping that I can get some input from adult children who are estranged from their parents. My youngest son is 28, and has decided that
My mom trying to pick clothes for me
I'm tired of my mom trying to control the clothes I wear. I don't want her picking my clothes. I'm 26. It's so embarrassing. I miss it when I used to

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
I dont like my girlfriends new piercing
So my girlfriend went and got nipple piercings knowing that i didnt like them and didnt tell me she was gonna get them. They are a really big turn
What I am to her ?
hey guys I want some counseling .. I met a girl online .. At first she said that she doesn't wanna fall for me and we will be just friends .. I said
I want my family back
Hi, I was dumped on New Years Eve by my ex girlfriend of 8 years whom I have a 6 year old with. We have been arguing for the past few months prior to
Anxious and depressed about being 32 yo and not married
I could really use some kind and encouraging words right now because I wake up every morning to an intense feeling of pain because I am alone. I'm 32
Ex (dumper) delays giving keys back. Why?
First time poster. Been viewing threads somewhat regularly for a few months now and figured I'd get a few opinions. I'll give a little of the
Ask For Advice