Ask For Advice

Thread: Ups and downs

Capttrae

Ups and downs

How do you deal with the ups and downs of a parents cancer? It's like she has great days that she can get up, get a bath, normal daily stuff, and says she's beating this and is going to get better. Then there's a week that she can't hardly move. And it almost seems like she's loosing a grasp on reality, there no one specific thing, it's just small things I notice when I'm there. Another thing, I was trying to help her out with her checkbook, trying to keep her from overdrafting, but she got all pissed off and told me she had it figured out that she could pay her utilities managing her own checkbook, so I just said fine whatever, all I was trying to do was help her save enough money to go to the damn doctor so she could get that cancer either treated or cut out. She don't help out with the loan I got for her so she wouldn't loose her car after she did a title loan, plus I've seen what happens when she "manages" her checkbook it's a major cf, checks bouncing like rubber balls and calls me to pay her bills. Maybe I'm being selfish and I prolly am, just tired of trying to pick up the pieces and make it whole again. Another reason I say she's loosing grip on reality, when I arranged for home health to come in, we agreed that they would come 4 times a week. I had budgeted money in for that, I got the latest bill, it was twice the amount I had budgeted in. I looked at her and asked how often they were coming, she looked me dead in the eye and said 4 times a week, just straight lied to me. Sorry about the whining and complaining

gebaird
    It sounds like you are dealing with more than just cancer here (which is hard enough), but challenges with dysfunction and boundaries. I would look for a caregivers support group in your area. They may be able to help you through what is obviously a very difficult situation.

Top Threads
My 8 year old won't go to sleep or stay asleep 😣😣
Feel like I am losing my mind. My 8 year old just won't go to bed.. or she at least won't stay in bed. She is still up now at 9.45pm (after being
Sister tells me her personal problems but balks when I give advice
It's usually relationship problems but sometimes it's just career path struggles or other things. She lives in another state so we don't see each
Abusive brother
Hello everyone... I rarely talk to anyone about this besides my boyfriend and best friends. This has been an issue for me since i began going to
How do I handle my ex-wifes new fiance?
I have been divorced a little over 3 years and my ex-wife who left me for a guy she met online is engaged for a second time. She was dating two
Husbands ex-wife is never accountable
So, I am not sure where to begin, but I'll give you all some background. I met my husband in 2012 when his daughter was 3, almost 4, and he was fresh
Am I Wrong For Not Wanting to Drive My Older Brother?
My parents live about 70 miles upstate from where I live. I used to live with my older brother and whenever there were family gatherings, I would
I hate the family I was born into
I hate not dislike the fact that I am born into my family. If God had made it in form of choosing a family one would lyk to be before coming into the

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
He Left My Clothes in His Yard to Pick Up
Here is a follow to my situation: After I spent four days with this guy I met online, I inadvertently left a few clothes at his place. Almost two
Does he really think I'm trolling him/can't trust me or is just an excuse?
Met a guy last summer. I broke it off with him 3 times in 6 dates, over concern about distance, but kept apologizing. The last break off he said he
My 8 year old won't go to sleep or stay asleep 😣😣
Feel like I am losing my mind. My 8 year old just won't go to bed.. or she at least won't stay in bed. She is still up now at 9.45pm (after being
HSP in LDR, about to move to be with him and get married
Im a Highly Sensitive Person. I get very overwhelmed very easily. If i dont sleep well, if theres too much noise, if there are too many
Am I being selfish or unreasonable?
Hi everyone, Sorry for my first post to be one of all doom and gloom, but I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I want to start by saying that I
Stomach flu fears
I have a huge fear of stomach flu, if i am exposed or know someone has had it a have really bad anxiety and stress over it. Yesterday at 11am at my
Boyfriend Likes Questionable Pictures on Instagram– Should I Be Worried?
Long story short, he's been liking some questionable pictures that this other woman (whom he knows irl) posts. In one of the pictures he liked, she's
Ask For Advice