Ask For Advice

Thread: Ups and downs

Capttrae

Ups and downs

How do you deal with the ups and downs of a parents cancer? It's like she has great days that she can get up, get a bath, normal daily stuff, and says she's beating this and is going to get better. Then there's a week that she can't hardly move. And it almost seems like she's loosing a grasp on reality, there no one specific thing, it's just small things I notice when I'm there. Another thing, I was trying to help her out with her checkbook, trying to keep her from overdrafting, but she got all pissed off and told me she had it figured out that she could pay her utilities managing her own checkbook, so I just said fine whatever, all I was trying to do was help her save enough money to go to the damn doctor so she could get that cancer either treated or cut out. She don't help out with the loan I got for her so she wouldn't loose her car after she did a title loan, plus I've seen what happens when she "manages" her checkbook it's a major cf, checks bouncing like rubber balls and calls me to pay her bills. Maybe I'm being selfish and I prolly am, just tired of trying to pick up the pieces and make it whole again. Another reason I say she's loosing grip on reality, when I arranged for home health to come in, we agreed that they would come 4 times a week. I had budgeted money in for that, I got the latest bill, it was twice the amount I had budgeted in. I looked at her and asked how often they were coming, she looked me dead in the eye and said 4 times a week, just straight lied to me. Sorry about the whining and complaining

gebaird
    It sounds like you are dealing with more than just cancer here (which is hard enough), but challenges with dysfunction and boundaries. I would look for a caregivers support group in your area. They may be able to help you through what is obviously a very difficult situation.

Top Threads
My sister contacts my adult daughter too much
This sounds trivial but its bothersome. My older sister is contacting my grown daughter way too much - sending lots of texts and emails and being
I'm trying to get through to my sister but she shuts me out
I'm not really sure if I'm posting in the right forum because the label says "parenting and families," and this is more about my sister than my
Is This Emotional Abuse?
My bf made loose plans with me as in, I'll text you later today & we can hang out. When I got off work, I went to the local bar with some co-workers
mum hanging out with my friends!
Right here goes! My dad left my mum just over a year ago. I felt sorry for my mum as she has no friends so I invited her to come join myself and my
Co-Parenting Not Working Out So Well
I am married, have been for a year, and my husband has two children from previous relationships. I have an 8 year old stepson and 4 year old
I resent my parents...am I overreacting?
I really cant stand my parents. I think over the years they've emotionally abused me. My dad and mom do not love each other. When I was younger, my
Ready to give up
I need some kind of help, some support, something. I'm becoming suicidal. I had a child with an emotionally manipulative bully, who coerced me into a

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
College DRAMA??
*** This is the very FIRST WEEK ***College" as in NOT university- We're all 18 (ish) and live with parents**** Basically, the majority of the
Rude?
I took a girl out for dinner and drinks and didn't get a thank you. And was ghosted mid convo after the date. Now that I'm getting over the
On a dating site...just 2 weeks after break up
Can anyone shine some light on this.... 2 weeks after she dumped me, she is on Match...We were together for 2 .5 years...She dumped me once, then
Are we breaking up? How to act around him?
Hello, I have a problem to which I can't find a solution by myself and would love some advice! Here is the short story: 6 months ago I went to
Caught my partner of 20 years speaking to other men
I have been with my partner for 20 yrs this year,we have a16 he old son together .I love him so much,recently I was online and I found an email from
Am I dating the right guy at the wrong time?
Hi everyone. So..recently I've felt anxious and questioned the strength of my relationship and I'm not entirely sure why. I don't have any reason
Hello everyone tips / advice needed
Thank you everyone for the advice
Ask For Advice