Ask For Advice
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819

Thread: Can I Safely Date Older Men?

SkyBlue98
    Thanks for understanding

Zaphod
    Platinum Member
    Not possible to determine accurately due to gravitational lensing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlue98 [Register to see the link]
    Thanks for understanding
    What, me? Or all of us in general?

SkyBlue98
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod [Register to see the link]
    What, me? Or all of us in general?
    Lol yeah, mostly you. Sorry I should've quoted

Zaphod
    Platinum Member
    Not possible to determine accurately due to gravitational lensing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlue98 [Register to see the link]
    Lol yeah, mostly you. Sorry I should've quoted
    I guess it's not so much a matter of understanding, as it is of not misunderstanding with these types of things.

Anyway, I'm just a space cadet. No one cares what I think

Rising100
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgie [Register to see the link]
    BTW, the older guys I dated had all had previous relationships with women their own age. I wouldn't have gone for someone who sought to fetishize me. The relationships I had were pretty good, we had good times and great conversations and memories that I'll remember fondly.
    Is that really a fetish? I thought people could treat each other as people instead of age.
    I think that as long as she can weed out the creeps and men with bad intentions then she'll be fine because those will come at any age.

6. Thanks Zaphod thanked for this post
    itsallgrand
    Although the other things you have said make perfect sense, as I said before, whether people "find it" a certain way is irrelevant. "It's disgusting", "It's sad" - all of these comments that people make are purely subjective, and irrelevant.

I mean, I find the thought of gay sex between men to be totally disgusting. But I defend their right to do it. Because I realise that my "opinion" of it, or how it makes me "feel" is completely irrelevant. And I'm sure I do things that other people might find disgusting.

What I'm saying is that I don't think it helps the OP to actually express a subjective personal opinion on this - it can muddy the waters. Although I quote your post, this applies to all in this thread that have said "It's disgusting" etc. - no one cares what you think, and what you think is irrelevant and completely meaningless. I don't mean that in a nasty way, I mean that in a matter of fact way.

I hope you don't take this personally, because I don't mean it personally. Although I apologise for using your post as the example. If you want, I can change it to quote someone else's similar post.

The visceral appendices are not helpful.
    I don't take it personally at all. I don't mind a difference of opinion.

8. Thanks Zaphod thanked for this post
    Fudgie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rising100 [Register to see the link]
    Is that really a fetish? I thought people could treat each other as people instead of age.
    I think that as long as she can weed out the creeps and men with bad intentions then she'll be fine because those will come at any age.
    For some people, it is, but you can usually weed them out. It's easier if you're not very sex-focused.

Wiseman2
    I'm just a space cadet. No one cares what I think

Capricorn3
    Thread has run its course.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819
Top Threads
She said she was busy and didn't offer another time
I asked this girl if she'd like to have drinks this weekend, she said she was busy and didn't rearrange a time. For me, this is a clear indicator she
Update on non-texter guy. Need help
So I posted a thread about talking to non-texter. I talked about how great he was in person, but how much he sucked at texting. I've been trying to
Should I worry or am I overthinking?
I met a man online and we have been casually seeing each other for almost three months. At first, he texted me every night. That went on for a
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
How can I stop hating female gender?
Hey guys, So ughh, as the title says, how do i make myself to stop hating women. Im young, 23, but i have a burning hate for all women. I tried
He rarely initiates texts but asks me out
I've been dating a guy for a month that I really like. However he rarely ever initiates texts but when I do text him he almost always asks me out on
Have I been pied or does he want me to chase him
So long story short. Met this guy on tinder, phone calls nearly every day for a month and then decided to meet up. He would always send me messages

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Completely Confused? What does this mean?
Hi All- I was dating a guy for almost a year. We had a pretty great relationship- Things got serious. We told each other we loved each other. Even
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
Not a regular here, I have a few questions...
I'll try to make this brief. Been in a relationship (23F) with a man (35) for 5 years. Typical in the beginning, though I always wondered how he
Weed or Me
Hi, I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months - he is 31 and I am 24. He has recently started smoking weed every night and I don't really
Is He Hiding from Me?
Hi All, Need some advice from those that are familiar with social media apps such as Instagram.. I'v been friends with this guy for about a
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
I broke hard NC after 7 months (B I G M I S T A K E)
No surprise, I'm absolutely devastated. She pretty much blew me off like I was a piece of trash. At first I was happy because she actually responded
Ask For Advice