Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My family is psychotic and I don't know what to do anymore

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    By not making it into paragraphs you completely leave out the older population. Anyone over 45 usually needs bifocals and reading great walls of text are almost impossible . So we are not being rude we are only asking to be able to read your post which you took time to post . People's eyes get old along with them.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAndromeda [Register to see the link]
    I haven't been rude to anyone. I simply said that if you're more concerned with the lack of paragraph breaks, then don't comment. It's discouraging to put something out there, trying to get some suggestions on what I should do about my situation, and the majority are more concerned with paragraphs. I didn't say I wasn't going to fix it, but it takes a minute to do so, as it is pretty long already.

I hadn't thought of going to social services yet, so thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely look into it and see if anything like that is available around here. Public transportation isn't really an option, as we don't have anything like that here. It's an extremely small town, so there isn't a whole lot to work with.

As far as money goes, after I pay my bills that I have to pay, I barely have anything left. So I'm definitely not making as much as I would like to. I'm trying to get another job as soon as I possibly can to try and fix that.
    You are not being considerate to your readers. And, you're right, we do not have to respond. But, it kinda defeats the purpose of posting in the first place.

MissAndromeda
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyCoast [Register to see the link]
    they may at least be able to provide housing, perhaps even in a different town so you can look for a job there. you'll need your bank statements, and save any and all receipts so that it's evident your expenses exceed your earnings.

i read the rest of it and the only thing i'd like to add is there is no "reasoning" with abusive people. you will never be "right" with them.

maybe also look up a safe house, but they can be low on capacities, especially this time of year.

can you set up a camera to record some of it? you never know when that may come in handy.

quaspolk, the original post shows up edited on your end? it doesn't on mine, it's still a block.
    Thank you for actually reading it, I appreciate that and the helpful response.

I actually have recorded some of it, so I would have evidence of how my aunt acts and evidence that I was speaking respectfully and without an attitude. I've gotten to the point that I record things if I remember, so she can't lie to other people and paint me out to be how she thinks I am.

I went to edit the post right after my last reply to you and the edit button wasn't there anymore, so I don't know how to fix it. It still shows up as one paragraph on mine as well.

Wiseman2
    Evidence of what? Lie to whom about what? You are over 21 and shouldn't even be living with relatives. You are a guest in her house.

Recording this stuff is called "injustice collecting" and it's generally what paranoid and disgruntled people do rather than resolve problems.

This may help you sort that out: [Register to see the link]
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAndromeda [Register to see the link]
    I actually have recorded some of it, so I would have evidence of how my aunt acts and evidence that I was speaking respectfully and without an attitude. I've gotten to the point that I record things if I remember, so she can't lie to other people and paint me out to be how she thinks I am.

MissAndromeda
    Quote Originally Posted by j.man [Register to see the link]
    She edited into paragraphs and then consciously edited back into a single block. Pretty funny.

Granted, each paragraph was big enough to be its own short story and it looked like she more or less played pin the tail on the donkey to see where to put in some white space, but even the baby effort was appreciated.
    Lol I didn't even get to edit it into paragraphs, so nice try. When I was editing the original post, after I posted it, it was broken up on its own and wasn't broken up in the correct places, so I put it back to the way it was initially. I went to edit it again and break up the paragraphs correctly and I couldn't. But please, continue to make assumptions.

RainyCoast
    it is evidence. family may team up to lie. especially since she is noticeably stressed, and obviously pi$$ed , they may even use that to evade responsibility for abusing her, and portray her as a deluisonal liar. worst case scenario, but it wouldn't be the first time it happened.

excellent, take your recordings to the social services as well. they can actually decide to file reports against people without your name on them. doubtless, your family would know where they came from, but it relieves you of a lot of extra responsibilty. also, it may seem logical to think sis will always be treated nicely, but families who "need to" abuse..."need" to abuse. once you're surely out of their reach, it isn't impossible for sis to become the next target, or become symptomatic some significant impairment or mental illness from the dynamics. so families like that are sometimes carefully watched by cps and soc.s.

remember, if all they do is give you a form for benefits to fill out, ask to talk to a clinical social worker as well. "due to abusive family dynamics and emotional distress". everyone in this kind of situation is eligible for such assistance, most people just don't know it.
    Last edited by RainyCoast; 01-05-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Do you have a job? Why aren't you on your own?

MissAndromeda
    I shouldn't have even posted anything to begin with. There have been very few answers that haven't pertained to paragraph breaks and actually addressed the issue and were helpful. It wouldn't let me edit the post any more, so there's no sense in saying anything else about it. If you don't want to read it, then don't. Simple as that.

Unreasonable
    Platinum Member
    Alright, here's some advice that doesn't have anything to do with paragraphs:

Drop the victim routine. You're a grown-ass adult now, no one has any obligations towards you whatsoever. Not your parents, not your aunt, no one.

As soon as you do that and stop making all your problems someone else's fault I guarantee you your life will improve.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    People DO want to read. That is the point. But when you CAN'T you can't help the person. You only have a 30 minute window to edit your post.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Mom unsure about letting me travel overseas with friends? How to convince her?
So my friends and I started planning a trip to Germany next year (we're from the US). We're getting everything figured out and so far most of my
Feeling blue around a family member
I think I may be part of a narcissist family dynamic. Reasons being due to my own feelings and experiences, and from the responses from other posters
I don't feel emotionally available to my mother. Is that bad?
My mother currently lives with me and my girlfriend because she's been unable to find work and no one else is able to support. It's not ideal

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice