Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Yay or nay?

Dlouise14

All depends.

Some Makes and Models look better unmolested.

Depends on the Design both color and size.

Lastly depends on your driving style; it could get you the wrong kind of attention..

But if you like it on your car then just make it work.

Unless it's a Pontiac Aztek or a Smart car, then just take it to the scrap yard....

• 2 weeks later...

It depends. I've seen a few that made me shake my head and say, "No." And I've seen some that were beautiful. My husband and I were walking outside of a grocery store last week and this gorgeous white pickup truck pulled up with just the most artful black and red flames, in a stripe down each side. That matched perfectly with his red leather seats, I mean we are talking the entire truck was a work of art. We stopped to tell the guy that, talked about it, he had designed the interior and the paint job then found an artist to do it.

As we walked away I told my husband, "Did you notice, even the smell of his truck, the perfume was outstanding, his truck smelled better than I ever have."

Heck if weren't married I'd have probably tried to get a date. Yes, that's how gorgeous that truck was. So done right, it can be a thing of beauty, but you need to include the whole vehicle - not just slap on a goofy coat of purple paint with daisies and then wonder why people make Scooby jokes about your ride all day.

And the old muscle cars, gleaming and painted and loving waxed within an inch of their lives? Yes, just yes more please.

Ricey as hell. I don't put ANY decals on my mustang. I have shown and won awards from car shows with that mustang.

The way I see decals is the same way I view tattoos:

Would you put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari?

OK now I have to ask Year and Engine of that Stang, the Second Pony on the Market....

OP have you laid out any designs?

Archived