Ask For Advice

Thread: My Sisters Kids

Jacklyn61

My Sisters Kids

I am 55. I have 1 sister and 1 brother. My second oldest sister Beth(54) has been physically, emotionally and abusive towards her 2 daughters(16, 17 and her son 20). I remember this started when the 2 daughters/son were 4, 5 and 8 years old. She would beat all of them(they all weigh less/ and neither of the 3 are physically strong enough) beat them with objects until they would cry/ scream. This went on for 12 years(they told me). The 2nd oldest(17) told me now it is just mostly emotional abuse but she also said they flinch around sudden movements and hate being around religious people as their mother Beth, was very religious and would also say God gave her the right to hurt them. The first oldest(20) a few years back(2012) showed me pictures and a few videos of their abuse, I didn't report it. I didn't feel obligated to as I was very busy going through my divorce and had a lot on my mind during that time. I was not aware of the physical abuse until 4 years ago in 2012, when the son told me. When I mentioned it started when they were 4, 5 and 8 year olds I meant how I started noticing the emotional/mental abuse Beth my sister would say to them. I did find it odd, all 3 of them would wear long sleeve shirts even in warm weather. I asked Beth about it a few times, she said they all just got cold often I shrugged it off as a preference after that. I should note-- that our parents(Beth, and myself) treated us like that too as kids. What do you think?

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    What do we think about what? Should you have reported it? ABSOLUTELY. Maybe one day her kids will never talk to her and free themselves.

3. Thanks j.man, Wiseman2, mines, Coily thanked for this post
    j.man
    Yeah, I've been busy. Never "ignore kids getting the **** kicked out of them" busy, though. That's quite busy.

Your very own nephew came to you with it and you pretty much said, "Going through a divorce. Sorry, bucko." Simply amazing.

Wiseman2
    You should call CPS. It's that plain and clear and simple. It's sad that in your family child abuse is the norm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacklyn61 [Register to see the link]
    She would beat all of them with objects until they would cry/ scream. I was not aware of the physical abuse until 4 years ago in 2012 I should note-- that our parents treated us like that too as kids.

6. Thanks ~Seraphim ~, mines thanked for this post
    ~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Hopefully, the kids run from all family members and never look back.

8. Thanks j.man, Wiseman2, Coily thanked for this post
    Roselynn1
    Can't believe you're on here asking us what we think about kids being abused. What are YOU going to do about it??? Those kids are crying out for help.

10. Thanks mines, Coily thanked for this post
    kamurj
    Thread closed. I think you got all the answered you needed. Now you need to report it.

Top Threads
I'm a prisoner.
Hello everyone, I'm a young mother. Very capable of doing things on my own however, my family was struggling at home financially. So I moved in to
Cut off my sister for good
Sister has said and done some pretty horrible things over the years, mainly her anger arises from things that she assumes. And then she'll snap over
I do so much, yet get so little
My wife seems bipolar, but I'm pretty sure she's not. She tells me she loves me, almost every day, yet treats me like crap every day. I feel like I
What am I suppose to do?!
Hey everyone, I have posted on here a few times about me being a step mom and a situation I had with that and my husband, but here I am again with
Difficult Grandma/Landlord
My fiance and I recently moved to South Carolina from Indiana. We decided to move into a guest house on the same lot as my grandma's house that she
Crazy
I just really needed to vent this to someone. I had posted here a few months ago about my dad. Tonight, I had have him Baker acted because he

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Which credit card debt should I start paying first?
Have $500 to pay one first and wanted to ask which one I should pay first The one that I owe $ 700 or $2900? Thanks a lot
Am I Being Body Shamed by my boyfriend?
Let me just start by saying I am a pretty tiny person. I would say I'm "model-skinny" so to speak, but I don't starve myself by any means. I am
My girlfriend constantly makes flirtatious jokes about other guys to me. Help?
So, my girlfriend constantly (and I mean constantly, we're probably talking maybe 5 times or so every time we hang out?) makes comments about other
He's just not ready?! - What I've learned and your views please
Dear All, I've read so much around this and feel I've made a good strong decision but I'm looking for your thoughts. 4 weeks ago I met a guy
Am I getting cold feet?
My partner and I have been engaged for about a year now and have been together for over three years. We are an older couple so we both know what we
What should I do about my controlling parents?
I am 20, still living with my parents and they control my life. They won't allow me to online date but I do it anyway. They check my phone every day
Should I reach out to him after he disappeared?
I went on handful of dates with a guy, and after our last date I decided not to initiate any more (it was like 50% me before) and see what he does
Ask For Advice