Ask For Advice

Thread: Is this a mental disorder or just guilty feelings

Peace of mind

Is this a mental disorder or just guilty feelings

Yestarday I was having a group call with my two friends. While I was talking to them I was feeling tired and hoping for the conversation to end, in that moment my mom entered my room asking me about something. So I told my friends I had to go but forgot to hang up the phone and in that moment I thought "oh finally" but I felt an immense guilt. Anyway I still continued with my mom. When I get back to my phone I noticed that I hadn't hang up and I started doubting if I said what I though out loud and they heard it, even though I don't think I have. But I keep feeling guilty and having this obsessive thoughts that my friends are mad at me. I feel I have lost them. I know it sound ridiculous but i can't help it. I'am worried about my mental health. I don't know what I'm experiencing, why my mind is playing this kind of tricks?

JaggerJim
    No, your just a little freaked out that you friends may have heard you. It's not a mental disorder.

Pretend nothing has happened the next time you talk or see them. If they are angry, they will sure let you know.

Rising100
    Nah, no mental disorder there. I would think the same too, if my friends heard something I shoukdnt have said but thats it.
    No reason for them to be mad at you.

Wiseman2
    Don't worry about the phone chat. In fact it's better to be true to yourself and say 'well I'd better go' if you are getting bored. Nothing wrong with being polite and honest. They'll be in touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace of mind [Register to see the link]
    Today my teacher & both psychologist at the university told me that I'm not an independent thinker but she didn't gave further information about why she thinks like that and I didn't ask but that made me feel so bad about myself. I know I can be a dependent kind of person because I'm very sensitive and I was raised in a very loving and protective family but I'm trying hard to get out of my comfort zone and be more independent, does that makes me an dependent thinker? In fact I do have my own opinion in many topics.

Top Threads
I have trichotillomania
trichotillomania is a hair pulling behavioral disorder. I pull out all of my eyelashes. I was fine for a while but then I started pulling again. I

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Has anyone on here used face time after meeting someone online?
Met this lady on Craigslist and when I suggested we exchange numbers so we can set up a meeting she preferred face time. I have no interest in face
Does a cheater get a second chance..?
I posted earlier but everybody's just looking at all the negative stuff which I understand but my question is if you find out your significant other
Encouragement and Advice Needed Please
Hi, When I was younger I was very ambitious and optimistic about the future, I believed I could turn things around for myself and create a
Friends..!
Can exes remain friends?
Heard something pretty rude while dining out tonight
So I'm sitting at Paneras when a man and woman sit next to me. The man announces to the woman that as of today, he's lost 35 pounds in 10 weeks from
Too many weddings and babies and I m nowhere
Hi everyone I don't even know how to start but I m feeling depressed. I m in my mid 30's and never had a kid or got married. I had few serious
Is this cheating??
My ex and I got together for closure a few weeks after our break up. We talked and said how much we loved eachother and it was very emotional
Ask For Advice