Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Have you ever loaned money to a friend?

force
    Yeah j.man it would be better for ME to let YOU know that way you can make ALOT more than a couple thousand

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    She should have got a line of credit or credit card with a bank. Then it is not personal.

force
    Victoria66 - Very true.

RainyCoast
    i mean it's like you need some kind of assistance with basic facts.

YOU did not LOAN the money to her. YOU have NO CONTRACT with her. you're meddling with someone's business, and your friend. telling yourself stuff like the contract is the same is pathetic. i'm sure you are aware a contract entails both parties knowing not only the terms but also who they're signing it with, and that the girl knows full fell the terms of the contract thus give you rights to....nothiiiiinggg. if you're excusing your behavior to yourself, why don't you tell your friend and the guy what you did. no biggy, right, the contract was the same and she knows the contract. and also knows well she didn't sign one with you.

i don't know what you're trying to achieve any more-- and neither do you. are you trying to disclose the full figures of your fortune to posters, defend sociopathic tendencies, get her 40 bucks or if you just enjoy being ridiculed or what.

your "gut instinct" tells you to not tell people when you're making clandestine profit off them. lol.

5. Thanks j.man, Applewhite, mustlovedogs, skiddil thanked for this post
    journeynow
    Yes, I've loaned money to a friend, and never got it back. It was $6 interest-free though, and I could afford to lose it. I've borrowed money from a family member and he kept loosing my checks or not cashing them. Eventually he said don't worry about it, and I sent him a gift of thanks instead, something he can use. I've had a friend borrow money from other friends, and their payments were sporadic because their income was sporadic, but eventually they paid it all back with interest. They made a sincere effort throughout but sometimes didn't have the needed income at the right time. If inconsistency hadn't been a potential issue they probably would have borrowed from a bank. That's my experience.

Now I feel like she's pissed off at me. She paid the last Payment at the end of Nov. so I think she's getting confused with Nov./Dec.

I hate to see this affect our friendship. Am I handling this right? Any suggestions? Advice? I'm really irritated
    Have you sent a business letter listing the payments, dates, payment method? Keep emotions out of it, keep it business-like. How is this communication happening that she hasn't figured out that you are the one who made the loan? I don't get it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Top Threads
Why do people think im incompetent?
So tomorrow is my last day at my current job. Normally people go out for lunch whenever someone leaves the team. But i just found out like there is
Asking for
a raise. What is the best way to do this ??? Any ideas or opinions , I am looking for inspiration. :tan:
Am I Being Unreasonable?
So I'm barely two weeks into my new apartment lease and the ceiling leaked from the apartment above me. The maintenance crew cealed the leak and are
Need some advice about a new job opportunity please
So I started the job I'm in November of last year. It's a small, family owned company and it seemed like exactly what I was looking for but I am
I think I want to go to the Airforce Reserves?
Okay so here's the thing I'm thinking about going to the Airforce Reserves especially since Right about now I need all these things in one;a place to
How to become a better manager?
I recently posted a thread here about the struggles at my new job and got some good advice. Things were alright at work for a couple of days, but

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
I dont like my girlfriends new piercing
So my girlfriend went and got nipple piercings knowing that i didnt like them and didnt tell me she was gonna get them. They are a really big turn
What I am to her ?
hey guys I want some counseling .. I met a girl online .. At first she said that she doesn't wanna fall for me and we will be just friends .. I said
I want my family back
Hi, I was dumped on New Years Eve by my ex girlfriend of 8 years whom I have a 6 year old with. We have been arguing for the past few months prior to
Anxious and depressed about being 32 yo and not married
I could really use some kind and encouraging words right now because I wake up every morning to an intense feeling of pain because I am alone. I'm 32
Ex (dumper) delays giving keys back. Why?
First time poster. Been viewing threads somewhat regularly for a few months now and figured I'd get a few opinions. I'll give a little of the
Ask For Advice