Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Have you ever loaned money to a friend?

force
    Yeah j.man it would be better for ME to let YOU know that way you can make ALOT more than a couple thousand

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    She should have got a line of credit or credit card with a bank. Then it is not personal.

force
    Victoria66 - Very true.

RainyCoast
    i mean it's like you need some kind of assistance with basic facts.

YOU did not LOAN the money to her. YOU have NO CONTRACT with her. you're meddling with someone's business, and your friend. telling yourself stuff like the contract is the same is pathetic. i'm sure you are aware a contract entails both parties knowing not only the terms but also who they're signing it with, and that the girl knows full fell the terms of the contract thus give you rights to....nothiiiiinggg. if you're excusing your behavior to yourself, why don't you tell your friend and the guy what you did. no biggy, right, the contract was the same and she knows the contract. and also knows well she didn't sign one with you.

i don't know what you're trying to achieve any more-- and neither do you. are you trying to disclose the full figures of your fortune to posters, defend sociopathic tendencies, get her 40 bucks or if you just enjoy being ridiculed or what.

your "gut instinct" tells you to not tell people when you're making clandestine profit off them. lol.

5. Thanks j.man, Applewhite, mustlovedogs, skiddil thanked for this post
    journeynow
    Yes, I've loaned money to a friend, and never got it back. It was $6 interest-free though, and I could afford to lose it. I've borrowed money from a family member and he kept loosing my checks or not cashing them. Eventually he said don't worry about it, and I sent him a gift of thanks instead, something he can use. I've had a friend borrow money from other friends, and their payments were sporadic because their income was sporadic, but eventually they paid it all back with interest. They made a sincere effort throughout but sometimes didn't have the needed income at the right time. If inconsistency hadn't been a potential issue they probably would have borrowed from a bank. That's my experience.

Now I feel like she's pissed off at me. She paid the last Payment at the end of Nov. so I think she's getting confused with Nov./Dec.

I hate to see this affect our friendship. Am I handling this right? Any suggestions? Advice? I'm really irritated
    Have you sent a business letter listing the payments, dates, payment method? Keep emotions out of it, keep it business-like. How is this communication happening that she hasn't figured out that you are the one who made the loan? I don't get it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Top Threads
Interviewed on Wednesday, haven't heard from HR or Hiring Manager
Hi guys, I had an interview with Goldman Sachs last Wednesday. I met the recruiter from their HR department same day for coffee, he told me they
How to I tell potential employers my reasons for leaving?
I'm currently sending out applications with my resume for another job. I've been at this one for almost one year, and I can't take the racism and
Buying a house and retirement
Retirement has been weighing heavily on mine and my husband's mines . In the grand scheme of life it's only 12 years away for him and 10 for me
34 years old and looking for work
So I'm going to be graduating from University with an Arts degree with a double major in Sociology and English and, ideally, I want to enter the
How do I ask for the rest of the money politely?
I'm in my senior year of college and I'm working with a start up company for an internship to make some extra money. I was told in the beginning that
Major screw up at work :(
Hi Guys, Need some advice/help. I'm employed as an office manager - each employee is given a phone and they are expected to have it with them
High school is ending
It's the moment I've been waiting for but also the moment I dread the most. I've been working extremely hard throughout highschool also graduating

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Completely Confused? What does this mean?
Hi All- I was dating a guy for almost a year. We had a pretty great relationship- Things got serious. We told each other we loved each other. Even
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
Not a regular here, I have a few questions...
I'll try to make this brief. Been in a relationship (23F) with a man (35) for 5 years. Typical in the beginning, though I always wondered how he
Weed or Me
Hi, I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months - he is 31 and I am 24. He has recently started smoking weed every night and I don't really
Is He Hiding from Me?
Hi All, Need some advice from those that are familiar with social media apps such as Instagram.. I'v been friends with this guy for about a
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
I broke hard NC after 7 months (B I G M I S T A K E)
No surprise, I'm absolutely devastated. She pretty much blew me off like I was a piece of trash. At first I was happy because she actually responded
Ask For Advice