Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Have you ever loaned money to a friend?

force
    Yeah j.man it would be better for ME to let YOU know that way you can make ALOT more than a couple thousand

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    She should have got a line of credit or credit card with a bank. Then it is not personal.

force
    Victoria66 - Very true.

RainyCoast
    i mean it's like you need some kind of assistance with basic facts.

YOU did not LOAN the money to her. YOU have NO CONTRACT with her. you're meddling with someone's business, and your friend. telling yourself stuff like the contract is the same is pathetic. i'm sure you are aware a contract entails both parties knowing not only the terms but also who they're signing it with, and that the girl knows full fell the terms of the contract thus give you rights to....nothiiiiinggg. if you're excusing your behavior to yourself, why don't you tell your friend and the guy what you did. no biggy, right, the contract was the same and she knows the contract. and also knows well she didn't sign one with you.

i don't know what you're trying to achieve any more-- and neither do you. are you trying to disclose the full figures of your fortune to posters, defend sociopathic tendencies, get her 40 bucks or if you just enjoy being ridiculed or what.

your "gut instinct" tells you to not tell people when you're making clandestine profit off them. lol.

5. Thanks j.man, Applewhite, mustlovedogs, skiddil thanked for this post
    journeynow
    Yes, I've loaned money to a friend, and never got it back. It was $6 interest-free though, and I could afford to lose it. I've borrowed money from a family member and he kept loosing my checks or not cashing them. Eventually he said don't worry about it, and I sent him a gift of thanks instead, something he can use. I've had a friend borrow money from other friends, and their payments were sporadic because their income was sporadic, but eventually they paid it all back with interest. They made a sincere effort throughout but sometimes didn't have the needed income at the right time. If inconsistency hadn't been a potential issue they probably would have borrowed from a bank. That's my experience.

Now I feel like she's pissed off at me. She paid the last Payment at the end of Nov. so I think she's getting confused with Nov./Dec.

I hate to see this affect our friendship. Am I handling this right? Any suggestions? Advice? I'm really irritated
    Have you sent a business letter listing the payments, dates, payment method? Keep emotions out of it, keep it business-like. How is this communication happening that she hasn't figured out that you are the one who made the loan? I don't get it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Top Threads
Which credit card debt should I start paying first?
Have $500 to pay one first and wanted to ask which one I should pay first The one that I owe $ 700 or $2900? Thanks a lot
I think I messed up my life and I'm only 25:(
I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm 5 months away from getting my BS in IT (option in cybersecurity) and I feel so depressed. My only jobs have
how to not care about what people think
My mother was critical, nothing I did was ever enough. I would spend huge amounts of energy to make her happy and appreciate me. Now, sometimes
career advice for a single mother
hi, I am a single mom of two, i need career advice and tips on how to manage work and life. I get too stressed up at times where I feel I am the only
Cna test anxiety
I took my CNA exam last year in June I passed the written test and failed the skill test should I go take the whole course over again or just go

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Which credit card debt should I start paying first?
Have $500 to pay one first and wanted to ask which one I should pay first The one that I owe $ 700 or $2900? Thanks a lot
Am I Being Body Shamed by my boyfriend?
Let me just start by saying I am a pretty tiny person. I would say I'm "model-skinny" so to speak, but I don't starve myself by any means. I am
My girlfriend constantly makes flirtatious jokes about other guys to me. Help?
So, my girlfriend constantly (and I mean constantly, we're probably talking maybe 5 times or so every time we hang out?) makes comments about other
He's just not ready?! - What I've learned and your views please
Dear All, I've read so much around this and feel I've made a good strong decision but I'm looking for your thoughts. 4 weeks ago I met a guy
Am I getting cold feet?
My partner and I have been engaged for about a year now and have been together for over three years. We are an older couple so we both know what we
What should I do about my controlling parents?
I am 20, still living with my parents and they control my life. They won't allow me to online date but I do it anyway. They check my phone every day
Should I reach out to him after he disappeared?
I went on handful of dates with a guy, and after our last date I decided not to initiate any more (it was like 50% me before) and see what he does
Ask For Advice