Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever loaned money to a friend?

rosephase
    Quote Originally Posted by j.man [Register to see the link]
    Sounds like it's all gain for her, actually. I can't imagine a friendship having any value to someone if they could look at their friend in debt only to ask themselves how they can make a penny off it.

I'm seriously about to laugh the hardest I have in awhile if she's collecting on a 10% periodic interest rate and calling herself a friend. It's obvious she's not contemplating her friendship over a $4 missed interest payment.
    I might be doing my math wrong butI believe her payment each month is $80. Not $4.

Which just makes what the OP is doing grosser.

mustlovedogs
    Quote Originally Posted by rosephase [Register to see the link]
    I might be doing my math wrong butI believe her payment each month is $80. Not $4.

I assume it's not 10% per month but rather per annum, so it would be 10%/12 per month.

j.man
    Quote Originally Posted by rosephase [Register to see the link]

Yeah, badly worded it but that was the point I was trying to make, that it's definitely not the ~$4 periodic interest it would be if it were a 10% annual rate. In complete agreement, though.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    I guess the OP does not appreciate the advice.

agent
    The thing is, you didn't loan your friend money. You bought her loan off someone else and didn't tell her, which is a really creepy way to behave towards a friend. I don't think you should be using friend in this post - you obviously just want to use her to make some money off.

force
    Hmm...maybe am a loan shark. I've made some killer money though! Thanks for all the advice. It will all be taken into consideration.

Ms Darcy
    Quote Originally Posted by force [Register to see the link]
    Hmm...maybe am a loan shark. I've made some killer money though! Thanks for all the advice. It will all be taken into consideration.
    I'm surprised you are doing this loan shark stuff. I thought, given your days with N'Sync, you would be set for life financially.

mustlovedogs
    Quote Originally Posted by force [Register to see the link]
    You've made killer money, so what's one month of a business loss? For a friend?

force
    Haha. I love it Ms. Darcy. Gotta love the JC!

j.man
    What's hilarious is a few hundred bucks is "killer money."

Made a few thousand last week alone with a winning stock trade. No ****ing over of my friends necessary.

You'll win big, I'm sure. You can get anything you want off the dollar menu.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, Iím finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice