Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever loaned money to a friend?

rosephase
    Quote Originally Posted by j.man [Register to see the link]
    Sounds like it's all gain for her, actually. I can't imagine a friendship having any value to someone if they could look at their friend in debt only to ask themselves how they can make a penny off it.

I'm seriously about to laugh the hardest I have in awhile if she's collecting on a 10% periodic interest rate and calling herself a friend. It's obvious she's not contemplating her friendship over a $4 missed interest payment.
    I might be doing my math wrong butI believe her payment each month is $80. Not $4.

Which just makes what the OP is doing grosser.

2. Thanks j.man, Hollyj thanked for this post
    mustlovedogs
    Quote Originally Posted by rosephase [Register to see the link]
    I might be doing my math wrong butI believe her payment each month is $80. Not $4.

I assume it's not 10% per month but rather per annum, so it would be 10%/12 per month.

4. Thanks j.man, Hollyj thanked for this post
    j.man
    Quote Originally Posted by rosephase [Register to see the link]

Yeah, badly worded it but that was the point I was trying to make, that it's definitely not the ~$4 periodic interest it would be if it were a 10% annual rate. In complete agreement, though.

6. Thanks rosephase thanked for this post
    Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    I guess the OP does not appreciate the advice.

8. Thanks j.man thanked for this post
    agent
    The thing is, you didn't loan your friend money. You bought her loan off someone else and didn't tell her, which is a really creepy way to behave towards a friend. I don't think you should be using friend in this post - you obviously just want to use her to make some money off.

10. Thanks mustlovedogs, j.man, Applewhite, ~Seraphim ~, Cheetarah thanked for this post
    force
    Hmm...maybe I am a loan shark. I've made some killer money though! Thanks for all the advice. It will all be taken into consideration.

Ms Darcy
    Quote Originally Posted by force [Register to see the link]
    Hmm...maybe I am a loan shark. I've made some killer money though! Thanks for all the advice. It will all be taken into consideration.
    I'm surprised you are doing this loan shark stuff. I thought, given your days with N'Sync, you would be set for life financially.

mustlovedogs
    Quote Originally Posted by force [Register to see the link]
    You've made killer money, so what's one month of a business loss? For a friend?

force
    Haha. I love it Ms. Darcy. Gotta love the JC!

15. Thanks Ms Darcy thanked for this post
    j.man
    What's hilarious is a few hundred bucks is "killer money."

Made a few thousand last week alone with a winning stock trade. No ****ing over of my friends necessary.

You'll win big, I'm sure. You can get anything you want off the dollar menu.

17. Thanks agent thanked for this post

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Top Threads
Hubby wants to change trades
My husband wants to go back to being an officer in the military. He is presently in the military and has been since 1986. He resigned his commission
Taking Out Important Customers - What to Wear and How to Entertain?
So I volunteered to wine and dine some important customers at my new job. I have been here a month and know very little about my company and their
I work at Uber for $300 a week, and I'm paying for a millionaire's taxes
Yes, i know the title sounds absurd and probably sounds like something a troll would write, but it's 100% true. I'm a partial owner of a S Corp
How to handle boss/work situation? :(
I am currently just entering my second tri of pregnancy. The job I have was originally a PT position , as I was in university up til spring. It felt

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice