Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever loaned money to a friend?

RainyCoast
    I never told her I took over the loan because I decided it would be better to keep money and friendship separate
    no, you didn't tell her because you wanted her to remain oblivious to the fact you were making profit off her.

if you wanted to keep money and friendships separate, you would have let her conduct the business with the guy without you as the secret benefiting intermediary.

and you're complaining she skipped a payment why? because it's dishonest?

j.man
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyCoast [Register to see the link]
    Love it. Perfect delivery.

3. Thanks Batya33, Applewhite thanked for this post
    Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    no, you didn't tell her because you wanted her to remain oblivious to the fact you were making profit off her.

if you wanted to keep money and friendships separate, you would have let her conduct the business with the guy without you as the secret benefiting intermediary.

I think it is pretty shady. Now, I know why you didn't want her to know, as you are making 10% off the loan.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 01-01-2017 at 02:36 PM.

5. Thanks j.man thanked for this post
    force
    The interest rate is 10%. She knew the terms before she got the loan. I didn't tell her I took over the loan to try and keep the friendship aspect out of it. If she doesn't pay I don't want her to think I'm the one taking her ring and bracelet.

j.man
    So if I'm interpreting it right, since she's a referral, she's being charged 10%? If we're talking an APR, you're collecting like $4 in interest per month. Or did you for real refer your friend to get a loan with a guy who makes her pay 10% interest every week or month?

8. Thanks RainyCoast thanked for this post
    RainyCoast
    she knew the 10% went to you?

because the original post says she thought you were just the postman. the interest rate is defined in the contract she signed with him. or do you have your name on the contract.

HeartGoesOn
    Ill gotten gain has a tendency to backfire. JMO...

11. Thanks RainyCoast, Hollyj, j.man, Ms Darcy thanked for this post
    j.man
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn [Register to see the link]
    Ill gotten gain has a tendency to backfire. JMO...
    Sounds like it's all gain for her, actually. I can't imagine a friendship having any value to someone if they could look at their friend in debt only to ask themselves how they can make a penny off it.

I'm seriously about to laugh the hardest I have in awhile if she's collecting on a 10% periodic interest rate and calling herself a friend. It's obvious she's not contemplating her friendship over a $4 missed interest payment.

13. Thanks Hollyj, RainyCoast, HeartGoesOn thanked for this post
    j.man
    Also asking again how much she's paid total, including the interest.

Ms Darcy

I agree. This is a real mess. I think that in the future, you shouldn't take over a friend's loan.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Can a supervisor tell you that a co-worker can't rent a room in your house?
So, I think I've mentioned before that I have an awesome place near the beach. I live 50% with my teenage son and the house is pretty big with an
Job Offer - Having a tough time with a decision
I work for a great Hospital system, and have for just about 12 years, starting from the bottom and working my way up through IT. I formed a
Did you change your mind?
Did you change of the focus of your education in college? Did you start out thinking you wanted to study a certain programme but changed to another?
911 Dispatch hiring process
I've been in the hiring process for a job with our Central Dispatch which dispatches for police officers, sheriffs, ambulance, and firemen. I turned
Need input on job hunt
I'm job hunting, and a recruiter recently reached out to me on a specific job. I am very interested in the company and the position. The recruiter is
Loanded a friend money, now he's ignoring me?
I don't get it. I last talked to him in November, when he said he'd need to break up repayments into 2-3 smaller amounts. I said okay, then he

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice