Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever loaned money to a friend?

RainyCoast
    I never told her I took over the loan because I decided it would be better to keep money and friendship separate
    no, you didn't tell her because you wanted her to remain oblivious to the fact you were making profit off her.

if you wanted to keep money and friendships separate, you would have let her conduct the business with the guy without you as the secret benefiting intermediary.

and you're complaining she skipped a payment why? because it's dishonest?

j.man
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyCoast [Register to see the link]
    Love it. Perfect delivery.

3. Thanks Batya33, Applewhite thanked for this post
    Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    no, you didn't tell her because you wanted her to remain oblivious to the fact you were making profit off her.

if you wanted to keep money and friendships separate, you would have let her conduct the business with the guy without you as the secret benefiting intermediary.

I think it is pretty shady. Now, I know why you didn't want her to know, as you are making 10% off the loan.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 01-01-2017 at 02:36 PM.

5. Thanks j.man thanked for this post
    force
    The interest rate is 10%. She knew the terms before she got the loan. I didn't tell her I took over the loan to try and keep the friendship aspect out of it. If she doesn't pay I don't want her to think I'm the one taking her ring and bracelet.

j.man
    So if I'm interpreting it right, since she's a referral, she's being charged 10%? If we're talking an APR, you're collecting like $4 in interest per month. Or did you for real refer your friend to get a loan with a guy who makes her pay 10% interest every week or month?

8. Thanks RainyCoast thanked for this post
    RainyCoast
    she knew the 10% went to you?

because the original post says she thought you were just the postman. the interest rate is defined in the contract she signed with him. or do you have your name on the contract.

HeartGoesOn
    Ill gotten gain has a tendency to backfire. JMO...

11. Thanks RainyCoast, Hollyj, j.man, Ms Darcy thanked for this post
    j.man
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn [Register to see the link]
    Ill gotten gain has a tendency to backfire. JMO...
    Sounds like it's all gain for her, actually. I can't imagine a friendship having any value to someone if they could look at their friend in debt only to ask themselves how they can make a penny off it.

I'm seriously about to laugh the hardest I have in awhile if she's collecting on a 10% periodic interest rate and calling herself a friend. It's obvious she's not contemplating her friendship over a $4 missed interest payment.

13. Thanks Hollyj, RainyCoast, HeartGoesOn thanked for this post
    j.man
    Also asking again how much she's paid total, including the interest.

Ms Darcy

I agree. This is a real mess. I think that in the future, you shouldn't take over a friend's loan.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Top Threads
How do I ask for the rest of the money politely?
I'm in my senior year of college and I'm working with a start up company for an internship to make some extra money. I was told in the beginning that
Major screw up at work :(
Hi Guys, Need some advice/help. I'm employed as an office manager - each employee is given a phone and they are expected to have it with them
High school is ending
It's the moment I've been waiting for but also the moment I dread the most. I've been working extremely hard throughout highschool also graduating
LinkedIn Post - Announce Career Search?
Hello eNA! I will be graduating in a few short weeks and I'm presently looking for a job. I have had a handful of interviews recently, which is
Should I stay, or should I go?
Hi Everyone, I'm in a difficult situation right now. I'm not sure if I should stay at my current job or leave for another one. Currently, I work

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Completely Confused? What does this mean?
Hi All- I was dating a guy for almost a year. We had a pretty great relationship- Things got serious. We told each other we loved each other. Even
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
Not a regular here, I have a few questions...
I'll try to make this brief. Been in a relationship (23F) with a man (35) for 5 years. Typical in the beginning, though I always wondered how he
Weed or Me
Hi, I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months - he is 31 and I am 24. He has recently started smoking weed every night and I don't really
Is He Hiding from Me?
Hi All, Need some advice from those that are familiar with social media apps such as Instagram.. I'v been friends with this guy for about a
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
I broke hard NC after 7 months (B I G M I S T A K E)
No surprise, I'm absolutely devastated. She pretty much blew me off like I was a piece of trash. At first I was happy because she actually responded
Ask For Advice