Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever loaned money to a friend?

RainyCoast
    I never told her I took over the loan because I decided it would be better to keep money and friendship separate
    no, you didn't tell her because you wanted her to remain oblivious to the fact you were making profit off her.

if you wanted to keep money and friendships separate, you would have let her conduct the business with the guy without you as the secret benefiting intermediary.

and you're complaining she skipped a payment why? because it's dishonest?

j.man
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyCoast [Register to see the link]
    Love it. Perfect delivery.

3. Thanks Batya33, Applewhite thanked for this post
    Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    no, you didn't tell her because you wanted her to remain oblivious to the fact you were making profit off her.

if you wanted to keep money and friendships separate, you would have let her conduct the business with the guy without you as the secret benefiting intermediary.

I think it is pretty shady. Now, I know why you didn't want her to know, as you are making 10% off the loan.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 01-01-2017 at 02:36 PM.

5. Thanks j.man thanked for this post
    force
    The interest rate is 10%. She knew the terms before she got the loan. I didn't tell her I took over the loan to try and keep the friendship aspect out of it. If she doesn't pay I don't want her to think I'm the one taking her ring and bracelet.

j.man
    So if I'm interpreting it right, since she's a referral, she's being charged 10%? If we're talking an APR, you're collecting like $4 in interest per month. Or did you for real refer your friend to get a loan with a guy who makes her pay 10% interest every week or month?

8. Thanks RainyCoast thanked for this post
    RainyCoast
    she knew the 10% went to you?

because the original post says she thought you were just the postman. the interest rate is defined in the contract she signed with him. or do you have your name on the contract.

HeartGoesOn
    Ill gotten gain has a tendency to backfire. JMO...

11. Thanks RainyCoast, Hollyj, j.man, Ms Darcy thanked for this post
    j.man
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn [Register to see the link]
    Ill gotten gain has a tendency to backfire. JMO...
    Sounds like it's all gain for her, actually. I can't imagine a friendship having any value to someone if they could look at their friend in debt only to ask themselves how they can make a penny off it.

I'm seriously about to laugh the hardest I have in awhile if she's collecting on a 10% periodic interest rate and calling herself a friend. It's obvious she's not contemplating her friendship over a $4 missed interest payment.

13. Thanks Hollyj, RainyCoast, HeartGoesOn thanked for this post
    j.man
    Also asking again how much she's paid total, including the interest.

Ms Darcy

I agree. This is a real mess. I think that in the future, you shouldn't take over a friend's loan.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Interview Vibes
Hello, eNA! I have posted a few times about my career search - thank you all for the help! I've been having a lot more luck lately and have four
Complaining Boss
Boss took away some of my hours at work, because he thinks I am not doing a good enough job. He never arpouched me about it, but rather just took
Trying to better myself, need advice on how to get over the wall
I'l try to make this as short as possible without writing a book! Thanks in advance to all who will read this and give me there imput. First off I'm
Applied Internationally
I saw a job that would be a great use of my education and skills, it's overseas. I know I would need to get a work visa, truth is I think I have a
Work has become toxic but I am scared to get out
I have a good paying job at a law firm, and have been working there almost 5 years. The thing is no matter how hard I work, how much I educate

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I didnt know this was cheating until i saw how much it hurt him
So my boyfriend and I have been together 8 months. It's been pretty close to perfect over all until last weekend. We trusted each other before this
Interview Vibes
Hello, eNA! I have posted a few times about my career search - thank you all for the help! I've been having a lot more luck lately and have four
Ex from seven years ago married
My ex from seven years got married in November 2016 he began dating this girl eight months after dumping me.hiw have I found this out? By the
❌Did i just get stood up????❌
A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how
HELP My boyfriend blocked me after an argument
Almost 3 weeks ago me and my (EX) boyfriend that ive been seeing for about a year had a huge explosive and petty fight over him being selfish/ self
My wife has zero trust in me
So we have been married for about 8 months now, everything was fine prior to marriage. From the day we got married to today, it has been a living
21, in a relationship and sexually frustrated
I'm 21 (female) and I'm dating a 28 year old. Ive had my round of men before him so I know exactly what I like during sex and he's PERFECT. But what
Ask For Advice