Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate PTSD

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I'm allergic to lavender so that's absolutely out. But orange sounds nice .

I know all kinds of techniques to help with anxiety I guess the rough part is knowing I will have this the rest of my life . I have had it for 37 of my 50 years already . The stress of holidays and all that makes it 100 times worse .

Good luck in dropping off your boys.

2. Thanks SooSad33 thanked for this post
    SooSad33
    Thank you...

yes.. has been a rough 40 yrs, here.

Worse more so, over the last 3.

*sigh*... one day at a time!

4. Thanks ~Seraphim ~ thanked for this post
    j.man
    Last time it came out full force from me was at a wedding reception. A couple Air Force guys at the table were talking about their leisurely experience while deployed and their hawkish politics. Not to make the thread political, but I'm very, very anti-war due to my experiences as an infantryman. Didn't help I'd had a few to drink. Bottled up a whole lot and my girlfriend is a ****ing saint for dealing with the explosion I had when we got back to the room.

4th of July and New Years are tough, too. Again, thankful for an awesome girlfriend who's OK with the fact there will never be romantic kisses under the fireworks.

6. Thanks ~Seraphim ~, tiredofvampires, Ms Darcy thanked for this post
    ~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am still in a lot of anxiety this morning. As you say Jman a lot of it comes from really holding back. I used to live in a moderate city so you never had that kind of pushing and shoving and people darting in your way . Now I live in a really small town due to my husband being posted here . Nobody is ever in your way and nobody ever really gets close to you which is just fine with me . I know most of the merchants downtown which is like what 20 people. I know most of the people in town either they know my husband or they have been a client of mine . ( I have looked after their children ) So there is a lot of physical safety here . I have my cats which I can pat at anytime . Cats are pretty calming. The only time I migght have minor occurrence here is maybe grocery shopping when the government cheques and paycheques come out. Large crowds make me feel very unsafe .

I can see your point of it too. It must be horrible.

~Seraphim ~
    Feeling back to normal again. I had a really big massive cortisol dump into the system the next day but feel much better and " normal " again.

Ms Darcy
    This makes me very sad. I'm sorry to you all. I'm glad you have understanding partners.

10. Thanks ~Seraphim ~ thanked for this post
    ~Seraphim ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Darcy [Register to see the link]
    This makes me very sad. I'm sorry to you all. I'm glad you have understanding partners.
    This is true. While my husband and my son don't understand the rage it creates they do want to protect me.

browser

People get CRAZY during the holidays. Just before New Years somebody was riding up my behind when driving. So I slowed down. They start honking and flashing their lights. Then they try to swerve around me on a double yellow with a blind curve ahead! So I cut to the left to block them. They speed up and just barely make it past me on my left. It's an old lady in her 60s or 70s!

Gotta get to that post office 1 minute sooner I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Top Threads
I have trichotillomania
trichotillomania is a hair pulling behavioral disorder. I pull out all of my eyelashes. I was fine for a while but then I started pulling again. I
please help, so embarrased
So this past weekend I went to a day party where I really hit it off with this guy. We were together all day all over eachother and having a good
Really? What do you guys say?
Today, I stumbled upon reading an article about the Law Of Attraction . I sort of believed it but logically naah!! I have always believed on doing
Going To A Therapist For Time In My Life
I have not been active here for a while. Anyway, I am biting the bullet and doing something my brother recommended over 10 years ago: GO SEE MY
Really? What do you guys say?
Today, I stumbled upon reading an article about the [B]Law Of Attraction [/B]. I sort of believed it but logically naah!! I have always believed on

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Where do you draw the line? GF's and guy friends
[SIZE=3][FONT=Helvetica]Hey guys, need some quick help on this one. Please help [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]Yesterday my GF says
OMG he has a wedding date.
All, A couple of years ago, I dated a guy. There were things that were amazing but also horrible. A little over a year ago, we reconnected. He
HELPPP!!! Boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue
hi. REALLY REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE AND HELP. my boyfriend recently broke up with me out of the blue and we were dating for 2.5 years. everything was
Why does this bother me so much?
Hey guys. So gf of 7 years has left me for another guy again long story short and some of you know the long. So I did the unhealthy habit of looking
My girlfriend of 3 years just told me she is polyamorous
I have no idea how to feel about it. She assured me she didn't want to force it on me and could live monogamously with me but the thought of
Dealing with inconsiderate, selfish people from dawn till dusk.
Not sure if this is posted in the right place, but here it is. Lately my life seems to be about dealing with people who are inconsiderate. From
Toxic relationship // venting
Sometimes writing everything out helps me get a better understanding of certain situations. I'm sorry for the long post, I do want some advice, but
Ask For Advice