School is making me feel seriously bad.

I don't know what to do about school anymore. 6 hours a day, at least 3 hours of homework (most times more) this is really hard. I'm always late: takes me at least half an hour to actually HEAR the alarm. Trying to wake up earlier won't really help. I don't have any friends at all. I used to have two, but they were just using me so it was all over. I'm always bullied for being too shy, too quiet, but whenever I try to talk with my classmates they just ignore me and don't care about what I'm saying. The teachers aren't amazing. Not only they give us so much homework, stress us so bad, but they are also making sure we get the lowest grades possible, give us super hard tests that are failed by everyone, simply everyone. We can't make any small, polite comment asking for something as they will just make sure we will get a bad grade and will do the exact opposite to stress us more. Generally my classmates are doing pretty well since they only do their homework at a couple subjects and usually aren't paying attention in class, no way taking notes. But I always have to be the best, I have to work the hardest, or else...

I just feel I can't take it anymore. I lost my health because of school. I lost calcium, magnesium and iron and this loss made me feel really bad. All adults I tried to talk to say there is nothing to do about it so I'll have to go through this. I'm really tired of this constant answer.

What could I do?

Can you talk to a counselor at the school? Or do you not have one? You have to know that your mental health is more important than anything else. I've had many bad semesters. And I don't remember a lot of what happened during them. It's such a short period in your life. Even if you don't get the best grades you need to take time to take a break. Relax. You get a fresh start the next semester or trimester or whatever system you use. I'm 23 now and I had to drop out of my regular high school. I felt just like you but half of my grades were failing. So I did homeschool. It let me relax like I needed to. I ended up graduating early and now I go to the only college I applied to. 3rd best in the nation for my major. I only did this by putting my mental health first.

Also, talk to the teachers outside of class. They're usually a lot more understanding than you think. Just tell them your situation. They may be a little more lenient with you. It doesn't hurt to try. Good luck!

Can you talk to a counselor at the school? Or do you not have one? You have to know that your mental health is more important than anything else. I've had many bad semesters. And I don't remember a lot of what happened during them. It's such a short period in your life. Even if you don't get the best grades you need to take time to take a break. Relax. You get a fresh start the next semester or trimester or whatever system you use. I'm 23 now and I had to drop out of my regular high school. I felt just like you but half of my grades were failing. So I did homeschool. It let me relax like I needed to. I ended up graduating early and now I go to the only college I applied to. 3rd best in the nation for my major. I only did this by putting my mental health first.

Also, talk to the teachers outside of class. They're usually a lot more understanding than you think. Just tell them your situation. They may be a little more lenient with you. It doesn't hurt to try. Good luck!

Thank you very much, I hope this time of my life will end soon. I would really want to be homeschooled but, again, that's something impossible in my situation. Anyways, I will try to take a little break and really put my health before grades. Thanks again!

I don't know what to do about school anymore. 6 hours a day, at least 3 hours of homework (most times more) this is really hard. I'm always late: takes me at least half an hour to actually HEAR the alarm. Trying to wake up earlier won't really help. I don't have any friends at all. I used to have two, but they were just using me so it was all over. I'm always bullied for being too shy, too quiet, but whenever I try to talk with my classmates they just ignore me and don't care about what I'm saying. The teachers aren't amazing. Not only they give us so much homework, stress us so bad, but they are also making sure we get the lowest grades possible, give us super hard tests that are failed by everyone, simply everyone. We can't make any small, polite comment asking for something as they will just make sure we will get a bad grade and will do the exact opposite to stress us more. Generally my classmates are doing pretty well since they only do their homework at a couple subjects and usually aren't paying attention in class, no way taking notes. But I always have to be the best, I have to work the hardest, or else...

I just feel I can't take it anymore. I lost my health because of school. I lost calcium, magnesium and iron and this loss made me feel really bad. All adults I tried to talk to say there is nothing to do about it so I'll have to go through this. I'm really tired of this constant answer.

What could I do?

Are you in high school, college?

My boyfriend dropped out of normal high school because he got recurring migraines and just could not concentrate amidst all the lights, noises, and people. He got his health under control and then got his GED instead. He now has his Masters and is very successful and no longer has migraine issues.

Public school isn't always for everyone, but dropping out is very drastic and should not be considered lightly. I think the first step is to ask your parents to take you to your doctor to talk about your options. You could have anxiety and other problems that are not helping you cope with stress.

I'm always late: takes me at least half an hour to actually HEAR the alarm. Trying to wake up earlier won't really help.

This is something you are going to have to address sooner or later because once you start working full time, your boss won't tolerate you being late for work all the time.

That said, I don't think your schedule/hours are excessive to the extreme. I know plenty people who do a lot more than that. I understand that it is tough and a LOT of hard work, but if you are really struggling, is there any way you can maybe drop a subject?

Archived