Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baffling Medical Problem

katrina1980
    Platinum Member
    Hey guys -- I wanted to give yíall an update since you were kind enough to help me.

I went to my doctor, he ran some tests and as it turns out, the itching of my arms at night is caused by an injury (probably doing yoga), more specifically an irritation or compression of the cervical nerves in my neck.

Sounds a bit weird, but after my apt I researched it, and it is, in fact, a very real condition which affects many people.

It happens only at night because my immune system is strong and is able to fight off the itching during the day, but when nighttime falls and I become still (like when I go to bed), my body temp drops which affects my immune system and am unable to fight it off.

He prescribed a cream which helps A LOT.

He said this type of injury will heal on its own, so I just have to be patient.

I canít do yoga until it fully heals, which sucks but hell it could have been worse!!

In any event, I am happy to know itís not more serious.

Thanks again for your help guys!!

tattoobunnie
    Platinum Member
    What about the numb foot?

katrina1980
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoobunnie [Register to see the link]
    What about the numb foot?
    It's all related somehow, the foot that goes numb itches sometimes too.

Not that much anymore though, and the itching of my arms doesn't begin till much later than it used to, and isn't as severe, so I think it's starting to heal.

But doc said it's all related to the cervical nerve injury. Which makes sense since I do yoga which puts stresses on my neck and back.

I know sounds so weird doesn't it?

I dunno, but it is getting better so I think there is probably something to it.

He did allergy tests, I am NOT allergic to anything.

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Nerve injury can cause numbness and itching ... burning etc. I remember when I almost cut the tip of my thumb off the burning and itching when the nerve was growing back up it was unbearable .

I also have a severe chronic nerve pain coming from nerve damage in my brain stem. Nerve damage does some weird stuff .

Some nerve damage will heal ,some won't .

5. Thanks katrina1980 thanked for this post
    katrina1980
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria66 [Register to see the link]
    Nerve injury can cause numbness and itching ... burning etc. I remember when I almost cut the tip of my thumb off the burning and itching when the nerve was growing back up it was unbearable .

I also have a severe chronic nerve pain coming from nerve damage in my brain stem. Nerve damage does some weird stuff .

Some nerve damage will heal ,some won't .
    OUCH @ cutting off the tip of your thumb!

Yeah I have been researching this a lot now, it's really quite fascinating.

The nerve injury was to my neck, but the itching was (is) between my elbow and shoulder. NO RASH which is also weird.

One would assume when you have itching like that, it's an allergy which would cause hives or a rash.

But I guess it's all connected somehow.

Frankly not sure why or how the nerves in my neck would also affected my foot, but I'm not questioning it since it's getting better.

I have not done yoga for awhile but I STILL run. Same running shoes as always, but the foot numbing/itching is A LOT better!

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Look into the way the nerve paths run and the sympathetic nervous system.

katrina1980
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria66 [Register to see the link]
    Look into the way the nerve paths run and the sympathetic nervous system.
    So this all makes sense to you.... I'm glad!

Good to know there are at least some docs round here who know what they're doing and they aren't all quacks! LOL

I haven't had much good luck these past few years, but perhaps my luck is starting to change!!

Thanks Victoria!

~Seraphim ~
    I have had so much nerve damage in various locations since 2009.... it makes sense to me.

Vanishing Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by katrina1980 [Register to see the link]
    Tnx.

Yeah, I thought it might be the bed, but experienced same on the couch.

I even thought it might be bed bugs or dust mites but I have no bites or rash, and same happens when I stay at bfs.

I started drinking wheatgrass juice from Jimbos, which is gluten free, but had not the past few days, and I seemed more itchy!

My bf actually bought me a wheat grass juicer for Xmas cause he knows how much I like but can't get to Jimbo's every day.

So now I can drink every day, and will see if there is a difference.

I am home today and just made some. Two ounces.

It's supposed to have lots of health and healing benefits... so will see how it goes.
    Look up gluten in wheat grass. I could've sworn I read if it grows to a certain height it contains gluten. If you're cutting out gluten, that is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Top Threads
Working out
I started working out a month ago and I'm not noticing any changes to my belly area. I have a personal trainer 2 times a week I also do toning once a
My Wife Sleeps All Day Even After a Night's Sleep
My wife sleeps all day. This is after sleeping 7-8 hours at night. She works 3 days a week, 12 hour shifts as a nurse. On her days off is when she

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Completely Confused? What does this mean?
Hi All- I was dating a guy for almost a year. We had a pretty great relationship- Things got serious. We told each other we loved each other. Even
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
Not a regular here, I have a few questions...
I'll try to make this brief. Been in a relationship (23F) with a man (35) for 5 years. Typical in the beginning, though I always wondered how he
Weed or Me
Hi, I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months - he is 31 and I am 24. He has recently started smoking weed every night and I don't really
Is He Hiding from Me?
Hi All, Need some advice from those that are familiar with social media apps such as Instagram.. I'v been friends with this guy for about a
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
I broke hard NC after 7 months (B I G M I S T A K E)
No surprise, I'm absolutely devastated. She pretty much blew me off like I was a piece of trash. At first I was happy because she actually responded
Ask For Advice