"We should take a Break"

Fisherman343

Hello I am looking for some advice on what i should do. My girlfriend of over 3 years has just came out of no where to tell me that she want's a break perfect timing i know a week before christmas but we are still going to spend christmas day together and have a break up until the end of january where she suggested taking a weekend away together to see how we feel. The thought of me waiting around in limbo for a month not knowing is annoying. I even told her I'd rather her tell me straight that she wants to break up rather then keep me hanging. obviously i am upset by this but i dont want to put my life on hold. I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do i have been reading so much advice i thought i'd ask on this forum.

Sorry to hear about this. Why does she want a break? Have there been a lot of arguments or any breaks before?

Do you think she wants to test the waters with a new interest? Often that's what this bizarre breaks-but-still-dating often means.

Go no contact and tell her forget Christmas and a "weekend getaway to see how she feels".

The thought of me waiting around in limbo for a month not knowing is annoying. I even told her I'd rather her tell me straight that she wants to break up rather then keep me hanging.

Well i am 26 looking to move on wwith the next stage of life e.g getting my own house etc but as far i was aware she wanted all this to until she came round in tears last week. and we don't really argue a lot wel no more then an average couple. about new interests she does talk about a guy at work but im not to worried about that in all honesty. but on this "break" come the end of january i dont want my heart broken i feel like i just want to start going out with my friends and try not to think about it and if she decides she wants to end it so be it. im taking the attitude at the moment as prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Excellent approach.

but on this "break" come the end of january i dont want my heart broken i feel like i just want to start going out with my friends and try not to think about it and if she decides she wants to end it so be it. im taking the attitude at the moment as prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Archived