Birth control question.

So being a male it's obviously not for me. But I do have a question.

So my wife takes the pill. I believe it's ortho? Not sure what that means but I do know it's a low dosage because she said herself.

Anyways it has recently been changed from a different kind of pill called something else. I do know that she seemed happier to be on this one.

(Edit) : I think she didn't switch pills I believe it was because she was still breastfeeding

Anyways, everytime she eats, it makes her very nauseous. EVERY time after. I don't know how to help and it's finals week and she has zero time to go to the doctor.

My question is, is this a normal thing? Or common? It's beginning to concern me because she is always not feeling well. Tired. Nauseous. Etc.

Anything I can do? I don't know much about this stuff. Should I keep her away from any certain foods or buy any certain thing that will help?

I appreciate any help

My wife's been on birth control for many years and never had symptoms like this. Maybe switch to a different brand? Could something else be going on with her (unrelated to birth control)? Has she seen a doctor?

Birth control isn't 100% effective, and nausea can also be a sign of pregnancy. It might be a good idea for her to take a quick pregnancy test just to rule out that possibility.

Switching pills can create a period of reduced effectiveness if the chemical blend changed.

That being said, I have many friends who switch BC types and get nauseous after eating. Especially if there are more hormones in this one. Why did she switch? If it's working, seems silly to try some other pill.

Ya actually the other day (sat night) we went and got a pregnancy test. Negative. But we thought the same thing.

I know she was glad to be (back) on this particular one as she just recently started it again. She is officially done breastfeeding our son so I think that may be the reason she wasn't taking it or maybe not taking anything at all.

The only thing I'm aware that she takes all the time is pre natal and BC,

I agree she needs to....but she won't. I really can't pressure her as I mentioned she is like 4 days away from finals.

I was just curious if anyone has experienced this but I know all our bodies react different.

Either way I will post results as to what is going on

Switching pills can create a period of reduced effectiveness if the chemical blend changed.

That being said, I have many friends who switch BC types and get nauseous after eating. Especially if there are more hormones in this one. Why did she switch? If it's working, seems silly to try some other pill.

When I was typing this original post I couldn't remember why, it just came to me that it's because she was breast feeding.

My son is now 17 months old and would occasionally want a drink but really he lost interest around 13 or 14 months.

You cant breastfeed on BC am I right? Or am I confused

You're throwing a LOT of info at us. Change in pills, breastfeeding, possibly she wasn't on the pill previously, stress..

Literally it could be ANY of those things.

You're right and I apologize. Lol I had a simple question and after I clicked post... I remembered more.

She didn't switch....she STARTED back on the pill after breastfeeding was done

You're fine! I think it's sweet you're concerned about her.

Remember how crazy her hormones are. Just finishing breastfeeding and then going back on bc... her body is probably a bit confused and overwhelmed and it'll take awhile to get used to this. Keep saltines and ginger ale around to help her out.

Posting TMI about your wife when you really have a general question about BC.

BC affects hormonal balance in the body, therefore it comes with all kinds of side effects. If you are curious, read the insert that comes with her BC. That will answer all your questions about ALL the potential side effects that can happen. It's pages and pages of it. Persistent nausea is one of the more common side effects. She might want to try to take the pill with a meal as counter intuitive as that may seem. As in not on an empty stomach. If that doesn't help, she will absolutely need to go see the doctor.

You can also check out this link and read the summary version or download the full info on this product

Archived