i want to start dating but im insecure and afraid

lovedyaxoxo

hello everyone . my name is joy and im wondering if i can get feedback .. i have been single for some time now but im starting to feel very lonely . i would like to find a girl friend but i dont go out much because i have social anxesity .. i heard of dating websites but havent we all *shurgs shoulders* but im afard because i havent dated anyone in a while and im afard i would seem awkward because of being nervous.. and i know facebook might not be the best place .. im just lonely and feel unloved right now.. i dont have friends and my family hates me so its making me focus on the love aspect .. but everyone always down talked me my whole life saying ill never find love or get married .. any advice ?

xoxo

joy

Hi Joy.

If you're feeling insecure and afraid, online dating may not be the best route for you. OLD is fraught with rejection. Many times, you're either outright ignored or even ghosted. You have to possess a pretty thick skin to have a positive experience, in my opinion, and you seem emotionally fragile right now.

Given your vulnerability, recent breakup and (apparently) problems with your family (not sure what they are but hate is a pretty strong word), it might be better for you to shore up your support network first by making non-romantic connections. Do you have any hobbies you enjoy? Are there groups you can join that can get you out of the house and socializing in a non-threatening environment with like-minded people? Volunteering is a great choice too. Giving to others will help you feel good about yourself again while also giving you an opportunity to make friends.

I would try those things before venturing out into the dating world just yet.

Good luck!

Hi Joy.

If you're feeling insecure and afraid, online dating may not be the best route for you. OLD is fraught with rejection. Many times, you're either outright ignored or even ghosted. You have to possess a pretty thick skin to have a positive experience, in my opinion, and you seem emotionally fragile right now.

Given your vulnerability, recent breakup and (apparently) problems with your family (not sure what they are but hate is a pretty strong word), it might be better for you to shore up your support network first by making non-romantic connections. Do you have any hobbies you enjoy? Are there groups you can join that can get you out of the house and socializing in a non-threatening environment with like-minded people? Volunteering is a great choice too. Giving to others will help you feel good about yourself again while also giving you an opportunity to make friends.

I would try those things before venturing out into the dating world just yet.

Good luck!

thank u for giving positive feedback and your right it might be too soon to get on the dating seen again ... maybe i should focus on myself or a support group first like u said... thanks again and i hope all is well .. its just lonley right now but hopefully something will work out in the future

Archived